bono and lars ulrich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if they have met but they both have a couple of good friends in common,the one person I'm thinking of is Sean Penn .Both Bono and Lars Ulrich are the "spokesmen" for their bands,both are very smart and I remember Lars Ulrich saying that "Achtung Baby" is one of the greatest rock albums of all time.All of the members of Metallica are fans of U2.

buzzkill27 said:
I don't know if they have met but they both have a couple of good friends in common,the one person I'm thinking of is Sean Penn .Both Bono and Lars Ulrich are the "spokesmen" for their bands,both are very smart and I remember Lars Ulrich saying that "Achtung Baby" is one of the greatest rock albums of all time.All of the members of Metallica are fans of U2.

That's absolutely true. :yes: Lars said that AB is on his list of his ten favorite rock n' roll records of all time. And Lars is famous for being a huge music fan (his son's name is Miles by the way, as in Miles Davis :wink: ).

I don't know if Lars and Bono know each other (I'm sure they have met in some party at some point) but I'm dead sure that they would be very good friends if they got to know each other. They are so similar it's spooky. They’re both great at being rock stars, mainly because they want to be rock starts. And they’re both great songwriters. I'm just waiting for the day I see a picture of Lars and Bono together. Or maybe Edge with James and Kirk.... :hyper: That would be amazing! :drool:

I would die happy if I coudl find any member of Metallica in a picture with Bono, or a video of James at the Big in 2001 awards talkign about wanting to see U2. My friend is a big Metallica friend who, several years ago, dismissed U2 as "gay pop shit."
:mad:

I think Lars is a brilliant drummer. I may not agree with a lot of his views, and I think he's a little too concerned with the business side of things (I'm really hesitant to use a phrase like oh, bloody greedy bastard). But his taste in music is good. It's a shame there aren't more Metallica fans who can expand their horizons based on the bands' tastes. It boggles people's minds to see my big U2 flag next to my Garage, INc. poster. Anyway, love both bands, not fond of Lars, but he is a kickass drummer with good taste in music.

I think to say they are both friendly is probably accurate. To say they have much in common is probably not. Yeah, they are both in bands that have been huge for 20 years, but I;ve heard Lars praise U2 before but have never heard or would expect to hear Bono or anyone in U2 to praise Metallica. I suspect U2 respects Metallica a lot and probably thinks their music is not of their taste.

They live in the same music world, I suppose, on different musical continents. It's easy as a heavy metal guy to respect rock albums, but if you are a rocker, it can be a stretch to respect Metal, especially with U2, they probably don't even get it. Bono said they were the world's loudest folk band, might be accurate.

Different worlds, different music, but i would guess mutual respect, certainly.

Plus, Metallica hit the mainstream around 91/92, after making a conscience effort to reach the masses. U2 were already huge and were deconsturcting their own sound at that time, perhaps seeing they could reach the masses by turning in on themselves.
Two different trains of thought, different avenues taken etc.

I did see James say on the Vh1 thing " I really want to see U2".

I'm sure it's a mutual respect and based on the fact that I've never heard U2, Bono or any of them comment on metallica, is probably verification that they respect them and don't like their music or else mouthy ass Bono would have mentioned them at one point or another, either in praise or derise.

I really like Metallica's music, I've got all their albums, and I think they are really good in what they do, but I started to develop this aversion against Metallica when they started to whine about Napster, mp3s and that thing with Jason, former bass player. Lars was the loudest one on all these issues, so my admiration for Metallica gradually declined I'd say. At least it's not in the same level where it was 10 years ago.

close_j.jpg

Jam Jar said:
and what i failed to mention was that I don't think Bono and Lars have met, BUT i know he knows Adam- they have (in Lars' case, had) paintings by the same artist and would chat about them etc

How do you know they have chatted? :hyper:

UnforgettableLemon said:
By the way, anyone here like my sig?

:sexywink:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Sorry - didn't mean to over react, but that song -the entire album, really - is on my Top Ten High School Music Memories List.
(how's that for specifics, ;) )

...."cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why-i -i -i -i- i" :hyper: :wink:

I used to be a huge Metallica fan but with the napster BS and a lot of other stuff as well I think they have lost sight of where they came from it has become all about the money to them, Lars is a self rightous Pompus ASS :madspit: :madspit:

(side note) I thinking Leaving Metallica was the best thing Jason could have done I refuse to buy St. Anal:censored: :censored:

it just makes me soooooooo mad when I think about what they used to be and what they have become!!

Back
Top Bottom