Bono & kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: A special thank you...

thankyou said:
To all of you who posted photos for the thread: Bono and kids, I wanted to express a very very special thank you!!

There is a young girl I know personally, who has had a very tainted relationship with her father, and at this point in her life no longer has any contact with him, and never will again. She's had very poor male role models to look up to, and has grown a little sceptical that there are indeed really good dads out there.

I though that seeing these photos of a real person, a real man, a real dad, interacting with kids, his own, and other people's children, would cheer her up. She knows who Bono is, but he seems like this far away bigger than life person to her. I thought photos of him doing simple things with children would be good. So I send the link of the "Bono with Kids" thread to her in an email.
She wrote me back and told me that it made her cry. It made her feel better. She had never seen so many photos of Bono with children, and all the things he does with them. She loved how he was around the children, reading, playing, carrying them on his shoulder, putting a necklace on a girl, sharing his sun glasses. Real things. It made her feel a little better about the idea of a father.

So thank you again. You all helped a little, by just posting sweet photos. THANK YOU!!!

just bringing this thread back to the front, so hopefully some of the people who posted pics. for this thread can read this thank you note, in case they hadn't.

Back
Top Bottom