Bono and his hat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
oh lord.... I saw this on eonline.com

Hats Entertainment! Hats off to Bono. Or rather, not. According to the Globe, the U2 singer reportedly spent $1,700 on a first-class ticket to fly his favorite hat from London to Italy. No word on whether the topper enjoyed the complimentary beverage service and greater leg room of first class.

:huh:

I saw that also, they talked about it on VH1 also. I laughed and then thoughts to myself, "what are you thinking Bono, its just a fricken hat, you could have fed africans with that money". Maybe it was a false rumor?

For the last time, please, this story is NOT TRUE!! We had the goods on it when it first happened. It was in the Sun, the same rag that had the obviously fake Bono, Ali and John pics in 2001. The pic it showed of the alleged 'flying hat' was the Sweetest Thing hat which he hadn't worn in years! (they had also put the same hat on the fake Bono, they must have been hung up on it!) It was referred to as a 'fedora'. Actually, at the concert Bono was doing, he wore a green backwards army cap. The story is absolute CRAP and has been circulating for too long. About a month ago somebody posted he had his shades flown to a concert for exactly the same amount, 1,700 dollars.(edit: I see that is the link Liv Luv gave you!) Come on, he has more than one pair of shades everywhere he goes. This story is really a bunch of garbage, don't believe the hype, don't waste a second of your life or one brain cell on it.

Last edited:
Kitten, you beat me to it! It's amazing the legs that story has.

By the way, your avatar is SOOO cute!:love:

And just for old time's sake, could someone please post the fake Bono and Ali story and pics again. What a hoot that was!

biff said:
Kitten, you beat me to it! It's amazing the legs that story has.

By the way, your avatar is SOOO cute!:love:

And just for old time's sake, could someone please post the fake Bono and Ali story and pics again. What a hoot that was!

Wish I still had that! Blond Ali and Bono with long legs.:lol:

U2Kitten said:
For the last time, please, this story is NOT TRUE!! We had the goods on it when it first happened. It was in the Sun, the same rag that had the obviously fake Bono, Ali and John pics in 2001. The pic it showed of the alleged 'flying hat' was the Sweetest Thing hat which he hadn't worn in years! (they had also put the same hat on the fake Bono, they must have been hung up on it!) It was referred to as a 'fedora'. Actually, at the concert Bono was doing, he wore a green backwards army cap. The story is absolute CRAP and has been circulating for too long. About a month ago somebody posted he had his shades flown to a concert for exactly the same amount, 1,700 dollars.(edit: I see that is the link Liv Luv gave you!) Come on, he has more than one pair of shades everywhere he goes. This story is really a bunch of garbage, don't believe the hype, don't waste a second of your life or one brain cell on it.

Actually, if anyone's read anything about Bono, there is no way, that our Bman would even remember where his glasses or his hat were left behind, because he ALWAYS IS LOSING EVERYTHING!
(just read U2 at the end of the world.)

^ I sooooooooo want that book!! :sad: :sad: :drool:

*sigh* wow, thanks for the news!! I'd really be disappointed if I heard B wastes money and time on "flying" objects :lmao: That rumour is so funny!! Some really creative minds should find a job to make their ideas flow usefully.

And please, somebody please post thos ALi and Bono fake pics!! :lol:

thankyou said:

Actually, if anyone's read anything about Bono, there is no way, that our Bman would even remember where his glasses or his hat were left behind, because he ALWAYS IS LOSING EVERYTHING!
(just read U2 at the end of the world.)

We here have read quite a bit about Bono, probably more than anyone in the world. It's because we have we know the story is false. When it was in the Sun, it had the picture of a hat he hadn't worn in years. Then we had the pictures of the concert in Italy (Pavoratti was there, I forgot the name of it but we had a whole long thread on it) he was allegedly supposed to have had this 'fedora' sent to, and he had on a backwards green army cap.

Thanks Biff :wave:

Granny and VickSs: here's the pics of the fake Bono and Ali from the Sun: (same rag that invented the hat story) Here's the Sun's credibility right here. I'm sure all of us here can tell this is not Bono, Ali or baby John (in pink!)

0,,2001380706,00.jpg

0,,2001380709,00.gif

You can see the links here are still working and still say 'The Sun" which is the source of both this fake outing and the fake hat story.

Here is the link to the 4 year old thread I found them in

http://forum.interference.com/showt...highlight=Bono+and+Ali+with+short+blonde+hair

the pics are still working, but the story link to the Sun has expired and now you have to become a member to see it in the archives. If anyone can get into the archives, you will also find the flying hat story there too. It is sad that something so fake was ever taken seriously and got around like it did.

lol I've never seen those pics before, only a blind man could say that are bono and Ali!!!
*rofles at the thought of Bono in lightblue jeans*
no way he'd ever wear those!

U2Kitten said:

We here have read quite a bit about Bono, probably more than anyone in the world. It's because we have we know the story is false. When it was in the Sun, it had the picture of a hat he hadn't worn in years. Then we had the pictures of the concert in Italy (Pavoratti was there, I forgot the name of it but we had a whole long thread on it) he was allegedly supposed to have had this 'fedora' sent to, and he had on a backwards green army cap.

Thanks Biff :wave:

Granny and VickSs: here's the pics of the fake Bono and Ali from the Sun: (same rag that invented the hat story) Here's the Sun's credibility right here. I'm sure all of us here can tell this is not Bono, Ali or baby John (in pink!)

0,,2001380706,00.jpg

0,,2001380709,00.gif

You can see the links here are still working and still say 'The Sun" which is the source of both this fake outing and the fake hat story.

Here is the link to the 4 year old thread I found them in

http://forum.interference.com/showt...highlight=Bono+and+Ali+with+short+blonde+hair

the pics are still working, but the story link to the Sun has expired and now you have to become a member to see it in the archives. If anyone can get into the archives, you will also find the flying hat story there too. It is sad that something so fake was ever taken seriously and got around like it did.

That guy is Christopher Meloni (from Law and Order) and his wife. I don't know how they think that looks like Bono and his wife. WTF!

U2Girl1978 said:

That guy is Christopher Meloni (from Law and Order) and his wife. I don't know how they think that looks like Bono and his wife. WTF!

I wonder what Christopher thinks about being "mistaken" for the BMan? :wink: :lol:

:lol: I can't stop laughing! I thought at first this was a thread about, ya know, Bono's hats in general (not just THE hat!), and then I got laughing hysterically over the pics (again). Isn't C. Meloni like, 6' or 6'1"?

U2Girl1978 said:

what?!?! I never would've known it was him (and I watch at least 3 hrs of L&O:SVU a night). :lol:

LOL! Another famous person? I always wondered if they honestly mistook someone for Bono, or actually staged someone to portray him. Since he had the dreaded Sweetest Thing hat, and shades, I thought they might have dressed him like that. This is worse than I thought! I wonder if they ever printed a retraction!

:lmao: Oh those pics!! They are SOOOOOOOO fake!! :lol: How can they possibly publish THAT??? :lmao: Thanks for posting!! :D

Back
Top Bottom