Bono and Edge on the "Today Show" (Video Link Included)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have TWENTY-THREE minutes before I have to go...I'm getting nervous...

Who cares about Rob Lowe...I have 20 minutes...get on with it!

I like the Pittsburgh Loves U2 sign

If I go 75-80 mph it cuts 5 or ten minutes off my drive...And if I make all the lights...

Ooh, I think they're on!

umm.... about 8:30 they did a short interview, took a commercial break, and then "Hands"... so maybe about 15-20 minutes?

They said, "We'll be back with Bono and Edge" so I'm still watching to see if that elusive second song comes on... but I'm not holding out much hope :(

hippy said:
:lmao:

They just got a shot of outside and there's a woman with a sign that says "I skipped work to see Bono & Edge"

Can I just say how much I love U2 fans? :D

:yes: I saw that too...although I hope she realized that Bono and Edge weren't actually THERE today...

hippy said:
umm.... about 8:30 they did a short interview, took a commercial break, and then "Hands"... so maybe about 15-20 minutes?

They said, "We'll be back with Bono and Edge" so I'm still watching to see if that elusive second song comes on... but I'm not holding out much hope :(

:hmm: It says there's a second song on Today's website...but they haven't said anything yet...

Martha, it was on between 8:30 and before 9:00 EST so whatever that translates to in your world;)

They looked and sounded SO good! :drool: GREAT performance! :up:

It was cute when they said they were too young to be going into the Hall of Fame, that most people are 10 years older but they were ahead because they started so young.

Bono and Edge :drool: :love:

But Matt Lauer (sp) looks like a mangy dog with that haircut :no: I mean really awful. He used to be kind of handsome, but no more. Anything would look better than that, dude. Ouch.

U2Kitten said:
But Matt Lauer (sp) looks like a mangy dog with that haircut :no: I mean really awful. He used to be kind of handsome, but no more. Anything would look better than that, dude. Ouch.

:yes: I have thought that ever since the first day he showed up with that haircut. :down: Not good!

Re: @#$%&*#@

erised said:
:scream: Dammit! I totally forgot this was on!!!!

Would anyone who taped it be able to trade? I have a lot of U2 footage on tape. Please let me know.

I forgot it was on, too. :sad: :sad: If anyone wants to trade, I have some audio bootlegs (follow the link in my sig). :wave:

wertsie said:

:yes: I have thought that ever since the first day he showed up with that haircut. :down: Not good!

I agree too and so does my buddy Cori! The DJs on my radio station make fun of him all the time. I'd rather not look at Matt.

But our boys are beautiful

3368%3A39523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323375%3C9%3A394ot1lsi

I was so proud and impressed. :wink: They were awesome. I hope millions of people saw this.

I honestly don't see how that song can lose if the academy has any taste at all. It's incredible and so much better than the competition!

Last edited:
Ok, so apparently the Today show is on live on the West Coast now!! Did they do all this yammering about Iraq for you guys, too? I'm nervous that they will change the schedule of the show and I'll tape the wrong segment. I guess I could tape the whole rest of the show after I leave, which can be as late as 8:10. OR, they may do the exact same show, but with a West Coast focus. I suppose it would be hard to completely change the show's schedule. Except the boys were on tape, so they could be easily moved. Maybe I should think this all through privately. Like anyone gives a shit about my internal ramblings.

I TOLD you I'd have it online Monday night if it hasn't shown up by then...

I posted this in EYKIW buuut I'll say it again :)
Bono sounds GREAT, his voice sounds much much stronger than it did at the end of the tour.
Anyone else notice Edge stomping? HEHEHE :heart:
I wish they'd have done just them without the overdubs, I wasn't too keen on Bono singing the opera part with himself. Though I'm wildly happy that he sang it in the first place ;) they'll probably lose the music-over part for the tour, I bet it was just on there to make it truer to the version of the song that's up for an Oscar.
I still :heart: Bono's beard.
You know I'm not one to bash short hair but Matt Lauer DOES look like a mangy dog, ew.

Back
Top Bottom