Bono & Edge In Nyc Today 9/29/2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
perrypickwick said:

question serious?

outside america the Bushs aren't very popular...

Yes, what Jeannieco said.

Not everyone in America are Bush supporters. I don't know anyone that I'm friends with, or anyone in my family, that voted for either President Bush. :barf:

Jeannieco said:

just a note....they are NOT very popular in America either. W's approval rating is in the toilet.
Thank God people are finally waking up.

I was about to respond that W ain't liked too much within the country. And I blame Middle America for all that is wrong with this country at the present. They voted twiddle freaking dumb in not once but twice. I guess like begets like. They need to get rid of the electoral college or redefine it. But the current system is broken beyond repair.

Now back on point. Look at Bono's body language when he was in Philly with GB1. He never cracked a smile. Doesn't want to give the appearence that he's supporting the Bushes.

And historically, Mrs. Edge has participated in Democratic fundraisers (Which makes me think that she may vote that way).

Back off topic: I can just spit when I think of that dang blasted president. Hard to defend or support his dumb arse while living in the UK. Sometimes I just shake my head and give a heavy sigh, because what can you say. Really, what can you say about the BS that is our country and the current administration.

Don't get me wrong. Given the choice of citizenship anywhere in the world I will take the US every time. But, it's hard folks, especially when we have these inept numbskulls at the helm. OK that's my rant. I feel better now. Thinking happy thoughts, like when the next CD will be released or when the next tour will commence.

Or when Bush will be kicked out. :up: I think as far as world leaders go the US looks in better shape for the future than Australia, and I'm patriotically displeased to say that.

u2jesusgirl said:
14890200dionsimte929200770946PM.jpg

The first time I opened the thread, this was the first picture I saw because of some scrolling. For a moment I was wondering how Bono had reverted to his 1994 look so suddenly and without warning.

msdw59 said:

And historically, Mrs. Edge has participated in Democratic fundraisers (Which makes me think that she may vote that way).

News flash...most Jewish people in this country are Democrats, so it's no surprise that Morleigh would be supporting Democratic functions.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding it increasingly annoying to come to threads which are supposed to be about U2 and finding members spouting off about their own political beliefs. It's offensive to those who maybe don't agree with you and your comments don't belong in PLEBA, which is supposed to be for posting photos of the guys and discussing Larry, Bono, Edge, and Adam. Go to a political website (and there are plenty Bush-bashing ones out there) if you want to discuss politics.

BTW, thanks for all the great photos. The boys are lookin' good. :)

Last edited:
The Sad Punk said:

The first time I opened the thread, this was the first picture I saw because of some scrolling. For a moment I was wondering how Bono had reverted to his 1994 look so suddenly and without warning.

Not only that, but he has miraculously grown a few inches in only two days. :giggle:

U2FloridaFan said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding it increasingly annoying to come to threads which are supposed to be about U2 and finding members spouting off about their own political beliefs. It's offensive to those who maybe don't agree with you and your comments don't belong in PLEBA, which is supposed to be for posting photos of the guys and discussing Larry, Bono, Edge, and Adam. Go to a political website (and there are plenty Bush-bashing ones out there) if you want to discuss politics.

I take it you're a Bush fan then :lol: No-one was bashing as such, if you want bashing;

Copyofscan0009-1.jpg

But in all seriousness, it's been mentioned once or twice, 99% of the discussion here is about the guys, so don't be touchy.

I just prefer to talk about the guys, not about stupid political cartoons (which I can appreciate but which don't belong here)

U2FloridaFan said:

News flash...most Jewish people in this country are Democrats, so it's no surprise that Morleigh would be supporting Democratic functions.

I don't know, but I'm finding this comment offensive.

I saw pictures of her in attendance at a couple of Democratic fund raisers we all have, but to make the broad generalization that because she is Jewish that she would more likely than not vote Democratic is just offensive.

U2FloridaFan said:

It's no more annoying than opening up a thread hoping to see new pictures of the band and having to scroll through countless posts about slightly unrelated topics like Bono's hair (that usually turns into a fight for several pages) or the glasses he wore that day aren't your favorite or that he waved to you during a concert or that you and other plebans are going to see Bono speech soon. It's the same thing. Those comments are incredibly annoying when all you want to do is see the pictures and read up on the basis behind the new pictures. I think it's kind of rude for you tell people to go to another website. You have the same choice. If you don't like the comments then go find another website that might not have a comment section but would have pictures of the band.

Also, I kind of find your 1st paragraph offensive and inacurate. I don't understand why her religion has to be brought up because she's a supporter of the democratic party. I suppose you're going to say that gays or african americans are also mostly democratic voters too, right?

I don't find it offensive and I'm Jewish (and Republican, so consider the grief I get from friends and family considering that most are Democrats).....Why would Morleigh or anyone else for that matter attend a fundraiser and show support for a political party who's beliefs they didn't share? The fact that she IS Jewish (and most polls would agree that anywhere from 85-90% of Jewish people in the U.S. are Dems) only reinforces the opinion that, YES, she's probably a Democrat .

But does anyone really care if she's a Democrat??? or if she's Jewish??? I for one do not, so let's get back to the topic. If I've offended you or anyone else with my generalization, I apologize.

U2FloridaFan said:
I don't find it offensive and I'm Jewish (and Republican, so consider the grief I get from friends and family considering that most are Democrats).....Why would Morleigh or anyone else for that matter attend a fundraiser and show support for a political party who's beliefs they didn't share? The fact that she IS Jewish (and most polls would agree that anywhere from 85-90% of Jewish people in the U.S. are Dems) only reinforces the opinion that, YES, she's probably a Democrat .

But does anyone really care if she's a Democrat??? or if she's Jewish??? I for one do not, so let's get back to the topic. If I've offended you or anyone else with my generalization, I apologize.

well then we have one thing in common.

I don't like it when people point out a person's religious background or anything else as a reason for them being a part of something.

eta:

also, it seems that whenever Morleigh's religion is brought up, there's people here that don't know she's Jewish and then all sort of "oh my god, Edge isn't Jewish now too, is he?!?!?!" conversations happen. I find those so offensive because people act like it's something dirty and wrong that he's married to a Jewish girl.

Anyways...carry on.

Last edited:
we all almost hit the trifecta with this thread. Politics and Religion. All we need is how much money so and so makes. Then we've covered all the bases.

I love this site!

msdw59 said:
we all almost hit the trifecta with this thread. Politics and Religion. All we need is how much money so and so makes. Then we've covered all the bases.

I love this site!

:lol:

Did I miss the sex part?

last unicorn said:

:lol:

Did I miss the sex part?

The site is PG13 right? So sex is definitely out of the question.

I wish someone would send me a list of words that are definitely NO, NOs!

Half the time I don't post a note because after I read it, I say (way too much for the kiddies - Ah, I love being an adult, but I hate having to edit. There's lies the rub).

Some photos of the event. Bono, Chris Rock, Alicia Keys, the ex--president Bill Clinton and Shakira during the colloquy “Giving - Live AT the Apollo” on Sept 29th in the district of Harlem (NY).

m3ljm0dznmqja4kmmwgj.jpg

Miringeltje said:

1460496828_3605842337_m.jpg

Bono having lunch in NY on Sept 29th

Wow, Bono reading the menu. I'd love to know what he choose.

And I am delighted to see these other glasses on him. Maybe he wanted to disguise himself by leaving the trademark red ones at home. :lol: Didn't quite work, but anyway .... niiiiiice photo.

Back
Top Bottom