Bono and Edge at The Lunchbox Auction to Benefit Hunger-Relief Organizations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when I just checked the list, TheEdge's lunchbox had the highest bid of all of them :up: (I wonder who that bid is from :giggle: )

ME!!! :D (you can see "edgesdancingqueen" on the list of bidders)

:whistle:

There is a certain limit that I have with my pathetic resources, but it would have been CRAZY for me not to bid on it. I fully expect it to go for multiple thousands in the next 9 days.....

Bono's Doll said:
Helena Christensen must practically live with B--cause she seems to be everywhere he is.

:yes:

A good solution to that would be that Bono started visiting Helena more often... much more often... :shifty:

Great pics!!! :combust:

Thanks for posting! :bow:

Btw, whats wrong with Edge wearing Converse all the time...? :reject:

Bono's Doll said:
I don't know if I like him shaved--it's been so long. :ohmy:

I do. I like it: :wink:

To quote Sue (I think it was Sue):

"Bono looks wonderful clean-shaven! Tidying up the scruff takes years off of his face, and shows off that sweet dimpled chin!"

Now if he'd just take off the shades ...

Then I'd be like this: :drool:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
0a9176a0.jpg

All my dreams have come true..my two favorite muscians together! :drool:

PaleBlueDot said:

:eek: EEeeeewww mah gawd! Get that boy some :help: scissors! You could prolly find the frickin' cure for AIDS in that overgrowth he's got goin' on, there. :laugh: Honestly, man. Show some pity for those who are forced to behold you! :p :shame: :sexywink:

You try it and I'll kick yer arse! That hair is gorgeous, luscious and thick :flirt: It's just messy because he had it under the hoodie (probably to avoid more rude comments like yours)

Really, I am sick to death of his hair getting dissed! WTF is wrong with it? Is it that some people just don't like hair and want everyone to shave theirs off? Thank goodness Bono doesn't feel that way. Don't worry about it Bono, for everyone who disses you, even those who claim to be 'joking', there a dozens more of us who love you just the way you are.:hug:

U2Kitten said:

Really, I am sick to death of his hair getting dissed! WTF is wrong with it? Is it that some people just don't like hair and want everyone to shave theirs off? Thank goodness Bono doesn't feel that way. Don't worry about it Bono, for everyone who disses you, even those who claim to be 'joking', there a dozens more of us who love you just the way you are.:hug:

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Commenting about his hair is just a matter of personal taste, it's not a "diss" on Bono like if you happen to like another of his hair styles better, you hate him or something. Hell, I criticize my OWN hair 10 times more often than Bono's!

Merc said:

Btw, whats wrong with Edge wearing Converse all the time...? :reject:

Nothing's wrong with him wearing Converse all of the time, really. But it is nice to see him in something else every once in a while. :up:

chris martin was at the show last night in nyc and bono said something about him like "i'm gonna have a row with chris martin over those lunchboxes!" maybe they were competing over whose lunchbox would sell for more? it was cute, and a nice shout out to chris :)

jobob said:

I do. I like it: :wink:

To quote Sue (I think it was Sue):

"Bono looks wonderful clean-shaven! Tidying up the scruff takes years off of his face, and shows off that sweet dimpled chin!"

Now if he'd just take off the shades ...

Then I'd be like this: :drool:

Agreed! Bono looks beautiful clean shaven, but I still would love to feel the scruff!!!:drool:

lisa2004 said:

Kelly, thanks so much :) :hug:

That pic is amazing - Bono looks so damn hot :drool:

I love him - :love: and cannot wait for him to come back to Europe - I hope he does not to change his image at all!!!

Lisa
Bono is HOT no matter what,but I do like him better when he's clean shaven,and there's that gorgous smile that I love so much.I also just love the length of his hair,I love it!! Hope he keeps it that long.I love his hoodie too.I can't wait to see him again in December.

Hoodie hair :giggle:

I ought to boycott this thread in protest of Bono shaving off his beloved scruff three days before I'm going to see him, but, well, I have no willpower.

This is such a unique fundraiser, and the cause couldn't be better. I wish I had the money to make a bid that actually had a shot at winning.

"chris martin was at the show last night in nyc and bono said something about him like "i'm gonna have a row with chris martin over those lunchboxes!" maybe they were competing over whose lunchbox would sell for more? it was cute, and a nice shout out to chris."

Thanks, caragriff, for that little story from the concert last night.

:applaud:

It's those little stories like that which sometimes get overlooked in the retelling of the concerts that really make the concerts seem real.

I can almost hear Bono say that.:lmao:

Jamila said:
"chris martin was at the show last night in nyc and bono said something about him like "i'm gonna have a row with chris martin over those lunchboxes!" maybe they were competing over whose lunchbox would sell for more? it was cute, and a nice shout out to chris."

Thanks, caragriff, for that little story from the concert last night.

:applaud:

It's those little stories like that which sometimes get overlooked in the retelling of the concerts that really make the concerts seem real.

I can almost hear Bono say that.:lmao:

oh, no problem.
i agree, it is the little things that make it real.
my viewpoint is admittedly pleban-centric, but i wrote more up from last nigt here:

http://scatterolight.blogspot.com/

Hi girls,

anyone has the photo of the lunchbox designed by Bono? I saw Edge's one and Anton's as well, but I can't find Bono's.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/356296p-303697c.html

LUNCHBOX WARS: "It was death by Coldplay!" Bono declared after losing a bidding war to Chris Martin at a celebrity-designed lunchbox auction the other night. The two Euro-rockers were vying for a lunchbox styled by Michael Stipe at the celeb-glutted event benefiting the Food Bank for New York City when Martin finally prevailed with a $20,000 offer. Bill Clinton's lunchbox - which the ex-Prez adorned with a photograph of himself, obviously - wasn't quite as hot a commodity, fetching $11,000 from U2's The Edge. Among the other guests who turned out at Wooster Projects Gallery were Alicia Keys, Charlize Theron, Mike Myers, Naomi Campbell, Peter Sarsgaard, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Helena Christensen.

Mrs. Edge said:
I bid on Edge's lunchbox. :giggle:

I did, too -- just for giggles because I knew there's no way I could afford a winning bid. Just wanted to say I had at least made a bid. :wink:

P.S. I'm not "biotch"!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom