Bono and Edge at REM concert in Dublin 6/29/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a fan got to meet Bono and Edge after the show..

here's a blurb from atu2.com:
> LOSING THEIR RELIGION: BONO, EDGE WATCH R.E.M. IN DUBLIN
July 02, 2007
posted by: m2
Our friend Xavi from Spanish site U2EastLink.com met Bono and Edge
tonight (Monday) in Dublin. They were there for an R.E.M. rehearsal gig
at the Olympia Theatre. Xavi tells us that Michael Stipe thanked Bono
and Edge early in the show for their continuing support. Xavi's story,
plus a couple photos, are on U2 East Link at the link below.
read the full account (en Espanol) at U2 East Link >>
http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?1,1000345700,1000345700#msg

I was at the gig, but couldn't get any pictures. Too far away. Ali, Guggi, Morleigh and Gavin were there as well.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
a fan got to meet Bono and Edge after the show..

here's a blurb from atu2.com:
> LOSING THEIR RELIGION: BONO, EDGE WATCH R.E.M. IN DUBLIN
July 02, 2007
posted by: m2
Our friend Xavi from Spanish site U2EastLink.com met Bono and Edge
tonight (Monday) in Dublin. They were there for an R.E.M. rehearsal gig
at the Olympia Theatre. Xavi tells us that Michael Stipe thanked Bono
and Edge early in the show for their continuing support. Xavi's story,
plus a couple photos, are on U2 East Link at the link below.
read the full account (en Espanol) at U2 East Link >>
http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php? 1,1000345700,1000345700#msg

Can someone translate what it says? Or just give us the highlights? :) Pretty please. My Spainish is very rusty.
No comprendo. :scratch: :D

Opening Night Review Irish Indep
By adamfoxy - Posted on July 2nd, 2007

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/boys-sip-blackstuff-as-stars-com...

BOYS SIP BLACKSTUFF AS STARS COME OUT TO PLAY

IT didn't take long for REM lead man Michael Stipe to fall into the Irish frame of mind. Just three songs into the band's first night in Dublin's Olympia Theatre and the singer took to having a pint of the blackstuff on stage.

REM are playing five intimate gigs at the Olympia in what have been dubbed the 'rehearsal' sessions for their upcoming tour. Tickets for the gigs sold out within minutes when word slipped out that the American band would be playing their new material to an Irish audience first.

Watching the band were a mixture of the Irish glitterati with Bono, his wife Ali, Sinead O'Connor and partner Frank Bonadio, artist Guggi and Gavin Friday all enjoying the show.

Also in attendance was Colin Farrell's sister Claudine as well as the Edge and his wife Morleigh Steinberg.

During the gig, Stipe thanked Bono and the Edge as being the reason that REM are still making music and touring.

Tickets for the series of shows are at a premium with huge sums being offered on the internet for the opportunity to see the band.

Jeannieco said:

Can someone translate what it says? Or just give us the highlights? :) Pretty please. My Spainish is very rusty.
No comprendo. :scratch: :D

So great. I wish I could go to a REM show soon, I would so love to see them live and hear new songs. I love Michael Stipe's voice.

About the spanish guy meeting Bono and Edge:

He said he was at the Dublin REM concert with an audience of about 1300 people, before they started the show Michael thanked Bono and Edge for "keeping them grounded". There were rumours that all four of U2 were present at the concert, but the VIP box remained empty until the lights went down and the show started. After the show, he went to the backstage door to wait for REM, and much to his surprise out came the Edge, he also saw Morleigh and Guggi and "a few others", could not believe his eyes. Then came Bono, dressed very elegantly, signed a CD and posed for photos. Guggi also posed for photos, Edge did not want to take photos. After that they went to the Clarence to meet with the members of REM. That's basically it.

here are the pics from the link posted above

bonoyxavizh3.jpg

primerplainisimobono0zd.jpg

:giggle:

both photos were linked in the article, obviously they weren't taken at the same time since Bono's wearing different clothes, so...:shrug:

Last edited:
love2bmama said:
here are the pics from the link posted above

primerplainisimobono0zd.jpg

:giggle:

both photos were linked in the article, obviously they weren't taken at the same time since Bono's wearing different clothes, so...:shrug:

Yeah but this photo is from 2005, Bono had longer hair and I have it my PB 2005 folder...

The first pic I do believe is new though

BonoFox1 said:

Yeah but this photo is from 2005, Bono had longer hair and I have it my PB 2005 folder...

The first pic I do believe is new though

This was taken at the May Chicago shows. I believe May 9th. I was about a foot away when the picture was taken but I can't remember what was going on. I think it's a friend of Edgette so if she sees this thread maybe she can fill us in.

that 2nd pic was of someone wearing a pin and it had sound I believe, and Bono leaned in to listen. Had something to do with Lennon I think.

New photo & lucky attendees :up:

last unicorn said:

So great. I wish I could go to a REM show soon, I would so love to see them live and hear new songs. I love Michael Stipe's voice.

About the spanish guy meeting Bono and Edge:

He said he was at the Dublin REM concert with an audience of about 1300 people, before they started the show Michael thanked Bono and Edge for "keeping them grounded". There were rumours that all four of U2 were present at the concert, but the VIP box remained empty until the lights went down and the show started. After the show, he went to the backstage door to wait for REM, and much to his surprise out came the Edge, he also saw Morleigh and Guggi and "a few others", could not believe his eyes. Then came Bono, dressed very elegantly, signed a CD and posed for photos. Guggi also posed for photos, Edge did not want to take photos. After that they went to the Clarence to meet with the members of REM. That's basically it.

thank you for that!! :applaud:

BonoFox1 said:
Note to self: Wear musical pin on next tour to lure Bono this close to me :drool:

This just in: Manufacturers of musical pins say sales have skyrocketed in recent days.

Bono in plaid! :heart: Thanks for the pics!

I just love hearing about Bono sightings. I always feel better knowing where he is and what he's doing. Am I weird??? Anyway, thanks for the pics and links.

hi everyone .. just found these fab photos of bono&ali ,edge& morleigh at the R.E.M. show .... they all look so great .. enjoy
bonoandali.jpg

edgeandmorleigh.jpg

^^ awesome, thanks for the new pics! I love to see the couples together :love:

I can't even think of the last time I saw Bono in plaid, it's no a normal choice for him. I love how Ali and Morleigh are both so beautiful in such a natural way, neither of them has to have fancy hair, fancy clothes or a lot of make up in order to look beautiful. :cute:

arw9797 said:

This was taken at the May Chicago shows. I believe May 9th. I was about a foot away when the picture was taken but I can't remember what was going on. I think it's a friend of Edgette so if she sees this thread maybe she can fill us in.

Hi ARW :wave:

Bono was listening to Blair's (who is closely involved with Vertigo USA) John Lennon button. I believe it read "Listen to this button" or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom