Bono and crew dine out after finally finishing album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2jesusgirl

Daisy
Dreaming Beneath the Desert Sky of Arizona
Keep an eye out for pix of this!!!

Bono and crew dine out after finally finishing album - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie

By Barry Egan

Sunday July 06 2008

BONO hosted a swish party last weekend in Town Bar & Grill. Since he is in the restaurant every other Friday night with the Simon Carmody Community (Guggi, Gavin et al) I can only assume he subscribes to the faithful party ideology. But I digress. All the other members of U2 were also present. Well, they would, wouldn't they? The soiree was to celebrate the completion of their long-awaited new album.
Also in attendance those well-known U2 fans Mary Harney and her husband Brian Geoghegan as well as Ian Dempsey, Mark Kershaw and one of the Irish Models in party mode.

On the subject of parties, Harmonia publisher Norah Casey hosted a six-course meal in her house on Palmerston Road in Ranelagh last night for the charity Angel's Quest. Norah's close friend Richard Corrigan flew in from London (with his wife Maria) to cook the main course. Derry Clarke cooked the first and second courses and Kevin Dundon the deserts.

Guests who were expected last night included Lorraine Keane and husband Peter Devlin, comic Barry Murphy and wife Flo McSweeney, Margaret Nelson (in celebratory mode having been appointed chief executive of FM104 two days ago), Brian Hayes (CEO Citibank) and Michael Davern (CEO K-Club). The champagne served on arrival was kindly donated by Harvey Nichols, and later at the meal, fine wine was supplied by Febvre.

Galloping gourmet Richard Corrigan will also be holding a charity evening at the official launch of Bentley's Bar & Grill in Stephen's Green Dublin on July 25th.

One of my friends on myspace posted this in a bulletin today. I'm already getting excited.

That's exciting news , hope it's true .

if true , I wonder how long before we get the first single . :hyper:

JG, this info is regarding the celebration that Bono & friends had LAST weekend (26 June) in Dublin. I don't know why they felt that they needed to post week old info in the Independent.

The pics of Bono & Guggi coming out of the party were posted at most U2 fansites. I'm sure that they are here in PLEBA somewhere.:wink:

JG, this info is regarding the celebration that Bono & friends had LAST weekend (26 June) in Dublin. I don't know why they felt that they needed to post week old info in the Independent.

The pics of Bono & Guggi coming out of the party were posted at most U2 fansites. I'm sure that they are here in PLEBA somewhere.:wink:

Thanks Jamila, :) I was wondering if those pix of Guggi and Bono were from the same party. After reading it again it looks to me like they are trying to promote some other party end of July at the same place that doesn't even involve Bono or U2...Probably why they did it... Thanks again...

U2 seem to prefer to release albums just in time to cash in on xmas sales. I wouldnt expect a single until late sept early october (the trees are stripped bare) at the earliest and the album out Oct-Nov.
Bearing in mind, we are into July now, potentially only about 12-14 weeks to wait

you're most definately right Gman, the first single would probably be late september, and the album in october/november, just like ATYCLB and HTDAAB..
:shrug: Can't say they're wrong for releasing it in that period tho, it's holidays all around, and cds are a good gift!

U2 seem to prefer to release albums just in time to cash in on xmas sales. I wouldnt expect a single until late sept early october (the trees are stripped bare) at the earliest and the album out Oct-Nov.
Bearing in mind, we are into July now, potentially only about 12-14 weeks to wait

Thats what I was thinking too. Always around Halloween and before Thanksgiving.

Fantastic news!:D
Do you know if there are any pics of the event on the net?
thx :D

Best news ever!! And next a tour!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait,.....

can you tell that i just can't wait???? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom