Bono and Bill Clinton walking tour of Dublin pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
bono-clinton01.jpg

bono-clinton02.jpg

bono-clinton03.jpg

bono-clinton04.jpg

bono-clinton05.jpg

ShowBizIreland.com were the only Irish press to travel around Dublin with the two world famous stars as they walked around Dublin.

Even WE have to say it's strange when you find yourself out on a Wednesday night in the middle of a Dublin street with the worlds biggest rock star and the former president of America.

But, that's just what happened last Wednesday when Bill Clinton joined the U2 massive for a knees up in their hotel, The Clarence.

Bill arrived into the Four Seasons from the North last Wednesday and no sooner had he unpacked his socks then he and his 40 strong entourage were on their way to the Clarence for a pint with the world's new leader Bono.

Not being one to let a party opportunity go unnoticed among his friends. Bono invited his wife Ali, U2 band mates, best friends Guggi, Simon Carmody and Gavin Friday as well as the filmmaker Jim Sheridan and his wife Fran along to enjoy a meal with Bill in the hotel.

Not wanting to miss an opportunity Bill even gave our great leader a speech, which we heard as we were standing outside the window. After dinner the assembled party all left to go their separate ways.

All except Bono and Bill who walked out the back door of the hotel and just kept walking...

With ten cars, five Garda bikes, 20 Garda, 15 secret service men in tow Bono and Bill decided to go for walk through Temple bar. So, we thought it only fit that we join them.

So, we walked up along the lane beside the Olympia, across Dame Street and up onto South William Street to one of Bono's favorite haunts the SPY bar.

By the time we got there the secret service had already blocked off the street completely. Bono then walked Bill into the bar for a quick drink before emerging just before 2am when Ali arrived in the Bono-mobile to take hr husband home.

Unfortunately, for her Bono had other ideas and left the bar with Bill and Simon Carmody plus some more groupies and got into another car.

While Ali and a friend followed the entourage off into the night in their family saloon. Back to Bono's house for a party.

On Thursday morning Clinton hosted a breakfast in the Four Seasons, then a lunch before joining Bertie for an afternoon event. This was followed by a launch of the Ebony flooring company on Fitzwilliam Street by Clinton, which was then followed by an evening dinner in the Four Seasons.

Last edited:
Bono's not so short, it's just that Clinton is 6'3" and he's closer to the camera;)

Remember what MacPhisto said of Clinton:

"He's too tall to be a despot, but watch him!":eyebrow:

Last edited:
I think Clinton looks kind of drunk don't you? Bono is hot though!

OMG, these pictures are fantastic. Bono looks great. It's the suit from Africa (without the tie).

*new wallpaper

I like Clinton and admire what he was able to accomplish. Both these men look relaxed and happy. LOL at Ali coming to pick Bono up and he's off walking the city with a horde of followers - no less than the former Prez of USA among them.

Was Adam there? I would love to see Adam interact with all that Secret Service hoopla. And what about Larry? :eeklaugh:

Glad y'all like them, more for our collections!;) Hey I never noticed Gavin, that's cool he came along too!

U2Kitten said:
Bono's not so short, it's just that Clinton is 6'3" and he's closer to the camera;)

Remember what MacPhisto said of Clinton:

"He's too tall to be a despot, but watch him!":eyebrow:

Actually, Bono is 5'6", which is short, but who cares? I certainly don't! He's hot, and these pix are spiff! Thanks for posting them!

Back
Top Bottom