Bono & Ali in NY - sept 15 2006 - Edun and One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: That's the Live 8 jacket. He's been wearing it off and on since then.

I don't know if the jacket is supposed to be like that or what, but I prefer to think that it's just dirty :wink: I even went and wrote a little fanfic about that damn jacket.

Yea, I know, I need rehab from this place :crack:

bonocomet said:
So are they a bit easier going now about touching Bono these days? My friend was talking to him in a bar during AB era and she reached out and touched his arm when saying goodbye and the bodyguards instantly grabbed her and said "Don't touch Bono!" and were about to throw her out the door but he told them to leave her alone. She said it was quite frightening!

I'd say so. As long as you are respectful and don't freak out when you see the man, you can hug him and give him a kiss. In fact, he is always the first one to reach out and kiss you. At least that's what happened to me the few times I've met him.

u2shamrock said:
I was at the Chicago event also :hyper: Should I make a new thread to post my pictures and my story of what happened, or just post them here?

There's a thread in the "meetings and sightings" section. Maybe you could post it htere. :D

Thanks for all the links and photos. So good to have Bono back here. He's probably going to be here til next Monday night when they do the football thing in New Orleans. Wish he and Ali would make a "pit stop" in Miami:wink: :wink:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I'd say so. As long as you are respectful and don't freak out when you see the man, you can hug him and give him a kiss. In fact, he is always the first one to reach out and kiss you. At least that's what happened to me the few times I've met him.

How many times have you met him? Hope you don't mind me asking....and how did you meet him.

I will understand if you don't want to discuss.

gabrielvox said:
I'd be willing to bet that is the exact jacket he wore for Live 8 (or maybe it was another performance)

Can't find the pic, maybe someone else has it.

SOrry to be so fashion out of touch, but what is that style called? It's almost like the jacket was 'dipped' or painted or something..it's really just a blue jean jacket with some black waxy stuff, n'est pas?

Don't know if it's waxed, but it is painted.

a8ef183b.jpg

Edge's black shredded pants are waxed, though.

JCOSTER said:

How many times have you met him? Hope you don't mind me asking....and how did you meet him.

I will understand if you don't want to discuss.

No, that's fine, I don't mind. There's nothing to hide. :)

I've met him about about 7 times.

The first 2 times were back in 98 in my hometown, Buenos Aires.

Then I met him twice outside the studio. Then another one in Boston last december. Another one at the "Breakfast on Pluto" premiere. And the other one was a totally unexpected encounter in town. That's one of the advantages of living in a small town like Dublin: you can bump into any of them at any time. :wink:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Then I met him twice outside the studio. Then another one in Boston last december. Another one at the "Breakfast on Pluto" premiere. And the other one was a totally unexpected encounter in town. That's one of the advantages of living in a small town like Dublin: you can bump into any of them at any time. :wink:

When he sees you does he remember he has met you before?
thanks for answering!!!

JCOSTER said:

When he sees you does he remember he has met you before?
thanks for answering!!!

Yeah, I got the "Have we met before?" question a couple of times. I after the third time, I started looking familiar. :lol:

But that doesn't mean he has a clue who I am! :wink:

Thank you everybody for posting, pics, links, etc... How does a U2 fan do without this fansite? It's like having a window to everything U2. :heart: it!

:cute: thankyou so much everybody.

Hey everybody...!!!

I just got off the phone with Lila64!!! AND SHE GOT IN TO THE LAUNCH IN LA!! With her daughter Maddy!! OMG!!! SHE WAS SO EXCITED... :hyper: :drool:

She is still at the mall right now but will be back later today with her story and pics...so stay tuned!!!

WAY TO GO LILA AND MADDY!!!
3.gif

The black/blue jean jacket is looking a lot shinier now than it did last year... :eeklaugh:

That's great news for Lila64! Hopefully she got a few moments with the B-man!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

unexpectedly in Dublin, that had to have been awesome!!

I'm unloading the camera now. Gimme a few minutes to download and save them, and then upload them. Should I start a new thread for Los Angeles? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom