Bono & Ali in Los Angeles 9-17-06 EDUN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry if these have been posted before. I'm too lazy to check all the previous pages. :p

B in LA

16797-12-m.jpg

16799-12-m.jpg

16800-12-m.jpg

16801-12-m.jpg

16802-12-m.jpg

AND one funny anecdote:

From NYPost

"AT least Bono gave Dina Lohan some love on her birthday. The other night at the Hudson Hotel, where the U2 frontman and his wife, Ali Hewson, celebrated the launch of Hewson-designed T-shirts to benefit the One antipoverty campaign, a buoyant Bono told the crowd: "Happy Birthday to Lindsay Lohan's mom, Dina, who is here!" Hopefully, it boosted Dina's dismal spirits after her public screaming match a night earlier with Lindsay during her birthday bash at Phillipe. The actress told her mom to "go to hell" during that spat, then skipped Bono's bash even though she is modeling his T-shirts in an ad campaign. "

:laugh:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
AND one funny anecdote:

From NYPost

"AT least Bono gave Dina Lohan some love on her birthday. The other night at the Hudson Hotel, where the U2 frontman and his wife, Ali Hewson, celebrated the launch of Hewson-designed T-shirts to benefit the One antipoverty campaign, a buoyant Bono told the crowd: "Happy Birthday to Lindsay Lohan's mom, Dina, who is here!" Hopefully, it boosted Dina's dismal spirits after her public screaming match a night earlier with Lindsay during her birthday bash at Phillipe. The actress told her mom to "go to hell" during that spat, then skipped Bono's bash even though she is modeling his T-shirts in an ad campaign. "

:laugh:

She skipped Bonos Bash....Is she totally insane or just a wee bit? :coocoo:

JCOSTER said:

She skipped Bonos Bash....Is she totally insane or just a wee bit? :coocoo:

I guess if the story is true, then I would say probably totally insane. How can you be part of a campaign, be at a photo shoot, and then not show up when the shirts are being launched in the actual city you are at? It's like making a stand........ on quicksand. Their support seems to last about as long as the nail polish on their fingers. So mature. anyways. I guess we don't know the whole story.

How sad to miss an opportunity to participate in something to make this world a better place for others to live in?

On another note, are those pics of Bono in LAX with his assistant? It doesn't look like Ali, especially the hair.

thankyou said:

I guess if the story is true, then I would say probably totally insane. How can you be part of a campaign, be at a photo shoot, and then not show up when the shirts are being launched in the actual city you are at? It's like making a stand........ on quicksand. Their support seems to last about as long as the nail polish on their fingers. So mature. anyways. I guess we don't know the whole story.

How sad to miss an opportunity to participate in something to make this world a better place for others to live in?

On another note, are those pics of Bono in LAX with his assistant? It doesn't look like Ali, especially the hair.

yeah that is his personal assistant... I can tell by the hair.. and how tall she is.. taller than B...:wink:

Lila64 said:

Lila... not sure what your photoshop skills are, but we can probably tweak this pic a bit...

this was just from doing an auto levels on it...
maddy.jpg

or something like this...
maddy2.jpg

out of all the pics I've seen since the beginning of this tour, this is in the top 10. Just knowing what diehards you guys are and to have this happen is just great.

Last edited:
u2wedge said:

Lila... not sure what your photoshop skills are, but we can probably tweak this pic a bit...

this was just from doing an auto levels on it...
maddy.jpg

or something like this...
maddy2.jpg

out of all the pics I've seen since the beginning of this tour, this is in the top 10. Just knowing what diehards you guys are and to have this happen is just great.

:ohmy: :bow:

u2wedge - your second pic looks a bit red. Can't decide if I like the faux background or not. I can't remember how to do it though

Lies - make sure Phil sees it too!

thankyou said:

If you are a completely spoiled bitch like L.H., I suppose that kind of behaviour is normal. Can you tell I cannot stand her? :mad:

And yes, that is Catríona. :D

Jesus!!! :ohmy: Jesusgirl, what an amazing story! Not Bono but Ali too? Great pictures. And I absolutely loved :heart: how he came back and nudged you and said "Ill see you next time!" So sweet!!! :cute:
If that happened to me I would feel like "ok, now I can die happy. very happy!" :wink:

Last edited:
thankyou said:
Jesus!!! :ohmy: Jesusgirl, what an amazing story! Not Bono but Ali too? Great pictures. And I absolutely loved :heart: how he came back and nudged you and said "Ill see you next time!" So sweet!!! :cute:
If that happened to me I would feel like "ok, now I can die happy. very happy!" :wink:

He was so cute and friendly to everyone! Ali was absolutely amasing! So SWEET! Bono said that to me because of what we talked about in the dressing room. But the nudge on the arm was totally unexpected !!! It almost got on that youtube video Lila found. It cuts off right before he walks up to me tho....

u2jesusgirl said:

He was so cute and friendly to everyone! Ali was absolutely amasing! So SWEET! Bono said that to me because of what we talked about in the dressing room. But the nudge on the arm was totally unexpected !!! It almost got on that youtube video Lila found. It cuts off right before he walks up to me tho....

Welcome to....well here!!!! I love to hear Bono stories...after 26 years I have yet to meet him, although I have had communication across the stage....I still like hearing of everyone elses meeting.

:wave:

Lila64 said:
48f62yt.jpg

nice way to approach my 20,000th post, I might add :happy:

OK...wait a minute. I'm just now looking at this thread, so if this question has been answered, sorry.

My question is, who is that girl standing next to him???

I'm pretty sure I have a pic of Bono with her beside him as well, but this was back on the night right after the opener of the Vertigo tour in San Diego.

Take a look here...Hmmm...small world

March2005118.jpg

March2005120.jpg

Holly Moly! Bono looks so friggin great in these pics. thank you for sharing them. thank you thank you thank you!!! i hope he keeps his hair short for the rest of the tour!

u2jesusgirl said:
Believe me, my nose was up right up there by the yummy neck when he kissed me and I didn't smell anything. But man he was SOOOO soft......

Welcome!!! Its great to have you on board HMS Pleba! :wink: Now, one favour.....can you rub your computer screen for me and send some 'meet Bono vibes' to me so my dream of meeting him when he comes to NZ comes true? Or maybe I should send you my hat that Bono wore, and you can chase him down and get him to sign it for me! haha

Hope to see you here more - your blog is AWESOME!!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom