Bono & Ali in Los Angeles 9-17-06 EDUN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NEW Picture from Edun event of JesusGirl and Bono

I wanted to share this special picture with all of you that was taken at the Edun event in Los Angeles 9/17/2006 by Nicole Hahn, Bono and Edun's Videographer.

I almost gave up on any hope of ever seeing this photograph that she took on her personal camera of Bono and myself but God is good... I got an email from her this morning 3/01/2007 attaching the picture for me to have. In return I sent her copies of the ones she took on my camera for me.

I am forever grateful to her for her kindness she extended that day and so excited to share this. I look so hysterical in the picture, but I think you can guess why..... haha!

*cuddle cudldle*

dion_bono-2-1.jpg

Nuala said:
Wow!! What a great picture! Did you give him those flowers??

Hi Nula,

Yes I gave him the daisies on behalf of a bunch of ladies/friends in Zootopia. He was totally floored. We both are holding the flowers in the picture with our arms around each other's back.

Thanks for liking the picture. I look funny as ever but I wanted to share the moment with everyone. I think it says it all in my face... haha!

Wow jesusgirl - this must have been the day for people like us (average folks) getting correspondences from people very close to a particular person because I got a correspondence this morning similar to yours that amazed me. :hi5:

Honest truth - but I can't say who it was because then I would probably never hear from them again.

Congrats on finally getting your picture. :wink:

Jamila said:
Wow jesusgirl - this must have been the day for people like us (average folks) getting correspondences from people very close to a particular person because I got a correspondence this morning similar to yours that amazed me. :hi5:

Honest truth - but I can't say who it was because then I would probably never hear from them again.

Congrats on finally getting your picture. :wink:

Debbie, Sounds like a blessed day then doesn't it...So now if I get an email today from "MY" buddy in Dublin next, I will faint! haha!

Thanks for the congrats too. It was such a nice surprise to get her email this morning with the picture attached.. A lot of friends know how badly I have been trying to reach her without succeeding. Finally I gave up, left it to God, and look what happens.

That's a great pic, well worth waiting for! I'm always the one holding the camera, so I try to always send out pics the next day. This is a good reminder!

No..I wish! I just remember reading this thread and you getting a picture taken.What a nice gift.Probably that much sweeter since it came a little late:yes:

Liesje said:
That's a great pic, well worth waiting for! I'm always the one holding the camera, so I try to always send out pics the next day. This is a good reminder!

You know what Liesja, it is a good reminder. You know why. Back at the actual time I met him there was a girl on the Zoo who wrote me and said she had a bunch of pix of me standing by Bono outside the event area, as she was there too and she would send them to me when she got back form Europe. I never heard back from her after she left... I had the thread deleted in the free gen forum over in the Zoo where she found me, so she probably will never find me again and I will never see them. ..... :(

Wow u2jesusgirl! I remember when you got that pic taken too (when you posted about it here) Congrats! It's adorable! Lucky you! :happy:

Since this was posted in the Ali #8 thread, I thought I'd post it here for the heck of it.

Thanks for teenie for posting it (for Edun/Ali purposes I sure :wink: ), DreamOutLoud13 for screencapping and finding someone special in it, and for Miri for the heads up :up: :bow:

http://www.edun-live.com/video.aspx

Wow! When I posted that video I didnt even look through the whole thing as we were on our way out for a camping trip..that is soo cool that you're on an "official" Edun video!!:wink:

u2jesusgirl said:

Hi Nula,

Yes I gave him the daisies on behalf of a bunch of ladies/friends in Zootopia. He was totally floored. We both are holding the flowers in the picture with our arms around each other's back.

Thanks for liking the picture. I look funny as ever but I wanted to share the moment with everyone. I think it says it all in my face... haha!

yes , your face say's ( I'm In Heaven ) a very good place to be !
Lovely pic JG . :yes:

Lila64 said:
Since this was posted in the Ali #8 thread, I thought I'd post it here for the heck of it.

Thanks for teenie for posting it (for Edun/Ali purposes I sure :wink: ), DreamOutLoud13 for screencapping and finding someone special in it, and for Miri for the heads up :up: :bow:

http://www.edun-live.com/video.aspx

Congratulations to Maddy for making the video!!! This is so awesome Lila!! It definately needs to be kept in this thread as it is where it all started.... I happened to be standing by Nicole when she was filming then. (I was giving her my email address after) I remember while there Bono saying "See you in Hawaii" to someone and at the time I didn't know it was Maddy he was talking. It is so precious they used her in the Edun video. Perfect!!

u2jesusgirl said:

Congratulations to Maddy for making the video!!! This is so awesome Lila!! It definately needs to be kept in this thread as it is where it all started.... I happened to be standing by Nicole when she was filming then. (I was giving her my email address after) I remember while there Bono saying "See you in Hawaii" to someone and at the time I didn't know it was Maddy he was talking. It is so precious they used her in the Edun video. Perfect!!

Yeah, Maddy said see you in Hawaii. And he said 'you're going', and she said yeah. Then he said something like (you) go girl, LOL. And to top it off, she gets pulled up for SBS :faint:

What's weird is that we thought there was no one around us, especially behind us. And then you see the video and obviously there are people. What a day...

:hug:

Lila64 said:

Yeah, Maddy said see you in Hawaii. And he said 'you're going', and she said yeah. Then he said something like (you) go girl, LOL. And to top it off, she gets pulled up for SBS :faint:

What's weird is that we thought there was no one around us, especially behind us. And then you see the video and obviously there are people. What a day...

I swear I heard Bono say it tho right before leaving. Maybe he said it to someone else then. It was Bono I heard. At the time I never knew who he said it to. I assumed it was Maddy because of your post when you met him. Guess it was someone else..

Here are a couple pix from around the same time you two were talking to him. My brother took these on my cell phone. It WAS pretty crowded.. Do you remember that girl he is talking to in the bottom picture at all? Jeff, my bro said Bono spent a lot of time talking to her. I was hoping you and Maddy might be in the pix, but I don't see you....

77f7.jpg

957a.jpg

No idea who she is, but he did spend a few moments talking to her I do remember.

But the Hawaii thing was probably most definitely us, because we were the last people he stopped to take that pic with and then he was out.

Lila64 said:
No idea who she is, but he did spend a few moments talking to her I do remember.

But the Hawaii thing was probably most definitely us, because we were the last people he stopped to take that pic with and then he was out.

She's an old school fan and has been around longer than Interference, and most of the people on the board these days. This is NOT meant as a slight...but if you don't recognize her, you haven't been following them around (in person) for very long. She's one of the first fans I ever met that travelled to multiple shows...at the time I was 17 and didn't realize there was a community of people who did that. That was 10 years ago now. She's not into the whole message board thing either, so you would rarely hear from her on here. I'm not sure how many shows she's been to, but I believe it's well over a hundred. She's one of the nicest fans you'll meet, and Bono knows her by name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom