Bono and Ali in Lesotho - New Video at EDUN.ie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My impressions of the video:

1. It was terribily touching to see Bono holding the baby. That's what it's all about, folks. Helping the most vulnerable.

2. I've never heard Ali speak. Even her voice is beautiful. :drool: What an accent.

patic said:
download the video here :)

http://www.you sen dit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A1A9353974463C7E&rcpt

"Ready for iPod"
http://www.you sen dit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BB34541D05DB7BF3

Could someone email me a copy of the EDUN video?

My email is ultravioletlove_14@yahoo.com

Honestly, I'm extremely busy right now and simply don't have the time to register for YSI.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness. :wink:

Also, thanks to everyONE for your great response to this thread.

And thanks so much for your support of EDUN - especially these ONE tees.

The money that EDUN will donate from the sale of each tee to ALAFA, the organization that supports AIDS affected textile worker families in Lesotho, will go a long way to helping to stop extreme poverty in Lesotho.

:bonodrum:

Jamila it only takes a minute to sign up at y s i. Really its very easy and takes no time at all! It's worth it!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
*Checks Nordstroms again*

ah yes, it was the neckline I didn't like, on the women's T. I have the shoulders of a seasoned football player, thanks to my dad's genes and years of gymnastics. If I had nice collar bones, I'd get the ladies one.

yea I have the same problem... I can't even fit in women's tshirts... they nearly squeeze my arms off :lol:

I want the shirt Bono has too... pity they don't sell that!

thankyou said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know once I get on the edun.ie page, what I click on next to find the videos?
Can't you see it? I can put it on youtube if you want?

Such a great video :love:

48mgklk.jpg
love8.gif

Thank you for the stills!

Thanks for the YSI uploads! It only took 15 seconds to sign upf for YSI.

I'll add the video to my site when it's done downloading...

Bibien - i would really appreciate it if you could put it on youtube - are you able to do that?
Thanx so much!

kassandra said:

Sales people! I am now wearing a pair of Edun jeans I bought last night at Off 5th for $31.00!!!

After seeing Kassandras post, I went to Saks Off 5th being that it is only 10 min away this is what they had there.

The largest selection of Edun clothes for men I have seen anywhere. Jeans and shirts, new stuff and clearence items.

For women, they had a small section of new stuff for the winter sweaters & cords.

On clearence they had a whole bunch of only jeans on a few styles and sizes which went up to a 32.

I ended up getting one denim pair for 30 and a Black denim linen for 32.

I was like :shocked:

Yay thankyou!!! Im gunna check it out right now so i can see what everyone has been raving about!!
Thanx so much xx

JCOSTER said:

After seeing Kassandras post, I went to Saks Off 5th being that it is only 10 min away this is what they had there.

The largest selection of Edun clothes for men I have seen anywhere. Jeans and shirts, new stuff and clearence items.

For women, they had a small section of new stuff for the winter sweaters & cords.

On clearence they had a whole bunch of only jeans on a few styles and sizes which went up to a 32.

I ended up getting one denim pair for 30 and a Black denim linen for 32.

I was like :shocked:

How great is that??:applaud: Enjoy!

JCOSTER said:
I have a dream....that someday when I get to meet Bono he could sign the black ones with gold and silver sharpies.......I've gone over the edge...:crazy: :coocoo:

That's a great idea! I wonder what things people have made him sign, not obscene that is! I should search the forum ....it's probably been a topic here and discussed to death since I am kinda a newby! :)

Jeannieco said:

That's a great idea! I wonder what things people have made him sign, not obscene that is! I should search the forum ....it's probably been a topic here and discussed to death since I am kinda a newby! :)

Maybe he'll even do his self portrait, with the glasses and write never trust a cowboy!!!! :coocoo: :crazy: :coocoo:

In regards to the action alert that ONE has put out regarding the future uncertainty of AGOA (which has largely made these EDUN ONE and Music Rising tees available from Africa), I posted a response to the ONE blog yesterday which delineates my personal relationship to Lesotho and now, by extension, to EDUN's and ONE's activities in Lesotho.

You can check it out here (mine is the second response):

http://action.one.org/blog/comments.jsp?blog_entry_KEY=153&t=

Thanks for all the positive energy in this thread. :yes:

sue4u2 said:

Done!!
Thanks for the link Nightsong :hug:

Great thread Jamila :up:

Thanks so much for your sincere words of support for this thread, sue4u2!

While I don't want to turn a thread in PLEBA into a socio-economic or political thread, I am glad that the topic of the future of Africa's textile and clothing workers were brought up here.

Because the issues that Bono and Ali work so hard on for Africa revolve around government policies like AGOA, it's hard to be thorough in covering this video and the launch of the new EDUN ONE tees without mentioning the links above.

Thanks again for everyONE's heartfelt participation in this GREAT thread!

For Bono and Ali and EDUN and ONE - :hug:

Carek1230 said:
I'd invest in a t-shirt, I wish they had larger sizes. :sad:

just go for a men's tshirt :) they fit very well... I have a men's Large Edun Music Rising tshirt, and it fits me(I'm around 5'8"/5'9" and have broad shoulders, so I can't even wear women's shirts! they just don't fit!)

Completely agree, Gg. :yes:

A man's tee can fit a woman as well as any other tee.

The important thing is to support the African families whose economic futures depend on the sale of these tees.

Hope this helps, Karen - I would really like to see you in one of these tees!

:bonodrum: :angel:

Back
Top Bottom