Bono and Ali in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
Congrats Shamrock, that sounds like a dream, something I'm sure you'll both never forget!!!!!
Lets see somemore pictures, you lucky dog!!!!
Did he smell nice?

Thanks everyone!
lol, it sure still feels like a dream. I'm trying to upload pictures to my friend's photobucket (my flickr is filled) but it's being slow. I could barely keep my composure, let alone smell him, lol. I tried to remember to smell him, but I do think he smelled good from what I could tell.

bonocomet- I don't think I have any pics of how long it was, but I think it was normal jacket length (hit a bit longer than the hip I think)

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

u2shamrock said:
Alright, so yesterday was such a rush. My mom and I got the opportunity to go to this event, and of course we went. We got there really early, so we spent the time just mulling around the store (4 stories of expensive clothing I could never get :drool: ). We were finally allowed to go into the closed off section of the store. In there, we had about an hour to socialize and have hors d'oeuvres and wine (I can't drink though, lol). Then Bono and Ali came in. They gave a presentation about Edun and One. After that, it was question time. I tried my best to think of one, but I couldn't. This one young girl asked about a childrens' line (where you came in Edgette I believe).
After questions, Bono and Ali came into the crowd to have pictures taken, etc. Ali came right over by us and took a picture with my mom. Bono came over, and the young girl who asked that question was by him. She started crying when they were about to take the picture. Bono says, "You know what? Since you're crying, you can wear these." AND HE TAKES OFF HIS GLASSES AND PUTS THEM ON HER. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. By the way, his eyes were waaaaay more blue than I expected. I seriously almost fainted.
Bono then makes his way over by us, takes a picture with my mom and then a picture with me. He put his arm around me for the picture....I almost couldn't move. My mom was going to take a picture with me and Ali, but she was shaking a lot. Ali misinterpreted my mom, TOOK MY CAMERA and took a picture of my mom and Bono. They then moved on through the people.
10 minutes later they came out to sign things. Somehow my mom and I managed to get right up front. She had brought a Vertigo shirt, but I forgot to bring anything. However, I found a National Honor Society pad of paper in my purse. My mom's shirt and my paper got signed. We couldn't believe it. I still wanted a picture of me and Ali. I got over to her and asked for a picture. She put her cheek directly next to mine for the picture. It was incredible. They again worked their way out, and then we left.
Needless to say, yesterday was so amazing. Bono is amazing. Ali is amazing (she's sooooo sweet and beautiful). I'll post pictures either in my next post or in PLEBA.

That is such a cool story! I loved it!

Congrats! :D

u2shamrock said:

You must be in heaven! What an incredible opportunity, and to have amazing pics and memories to keep from it. I'm so happy for you! thankyou for sharing your story and these photos.:applaud:

As always Bono proves once again, what a total sweet guy he is. He just never dissapoints.

And a big thankyou to everybody who posted links, pics etc.. you're so generous. It's so fun to know that everyday I can get my U2 fix whenever I need it. THANKYOU!

Last edited:
thats the SWEETEST PICTURE..OMG~!! :wink: :drool: Very lucky girl and B has got the BIGGEST :heart: ever!!!

love that guy!!

btw..anyone know whether edun/one launch are gonna hit the DC or Maryland area???? PM me if anyone has any idea...thx~

Hey everybody...!!!

I just got off the phone with Lila64!!! AND SHE GOT IN TO THE LAUNCH IN LA!! With her daughter Maddy!! OMG!!! SHE WAS SO EXCITED... :hyper: :drool:

She is still at the mall right now but will be back later today with her story and pics...so stay tuned!!!

WAY TO GO LILA AND MADDY!!!
3.gif

Edgette said:
Jamila, first you were so sure Bono wasn't showing up at any events. I'm glad to see you were wrong.

The amazing Edun sales rep I spoke with today, also mentioned an event in Seattle. I didn't ask when that was though as I didn't want to push my luck.

Oh I wish you would have pushed your luck!! I live in Seattle and would love to try and meet them!! :)

Back
Top Bottom