Bono and Ali - Edun Launch party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patic

The Fly
19 OCTOBER 2006

When it comes to fighting world poverty, Bono and his wife Ali Hewson make quite a team. The pair were in London this week to promote their fashion label's ONE t-shirts, profits of which will go to workers in the African country of Lesotho.

The philanthropic U2 frontman, real name Paul David Hewson, was the picture of pride as he wrapped his arms around Ali who was hosting the launch party in exclusive department store Harvey Nichols. And the pair were in no shortage of homegrown and international celebrities to help highlight their cause.

Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams were among the A-listers who had modelled the t-shirts for a series of black and white photos, while Sex And The City's Kim Cattrall joined former 007 heart-throb Pierce Brosnan and actress Patsy Kensit for Wednesday's star-studded soiree.

The black and white t-shirts are made by Edun – the socially conscious clothing brand created by Ali, her rocker husband and New York designer Rogan Gregory – as part of the Make Poverty History campaign. They cost £28, £7 of which will go to the Apparel Lesotho Alliance To Fight Aids to provide education and medicines for factory workers and their families.

Bono and his wife Ali hosted a star-studded bash this week to launch their clothing line's ONE t-shirts in aid of charity
Photo: © Getty Images

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2006/10/19/bono-ali-hewson/

bono-1a.jpg

72212880.jpg

72212877.jpg

72212874.jpg

It was lovely to see Susie and Ali last night - they were both really lovely, happy and smiley towards us fans!!!

Thanks for the update and photos. He looks so happy to be with the Mrs.

Its a now standing joke with my friends they try to catch me off guard when the say Where in the world is Bono today? :D

But I always have an answer. :wink:

kellyahern said:
Thank you patic :)

Adam and Susie were there too:
10968136ahernkelly1019200680034AM.jpg

10957512ahernkelly1018200673208PM.jpg

Adams looking really smart and healthy! And don'y they make a perfect couple!?! :love: I'm so happy Adams finally found his lady love!! :happy:

And boy, our Bman sure does get around! :ohmy: I'm loving Ali's sexy blouse!! So would love to have one the same!!! :drool:

Thanks for the new pics! :wave:

LOL - sorry but look at my sister Jo's face in those pics behind Bono - she has a brown jacket on :)

She is grinning like a cheshire cat!!!!!!

Lisa

waynetravis said:

oh look who it is, its that so called "biggest U2 fan you could ever meet" :madspit:

LMAO!!

But hey, guess what.. that pen was dry wipe again though!!! So dealer was moaning as his autograph wiped straight off when Bono had gone! Hee!

lisa2004 said:
LOL - sorry but look at my sister Jo's face in those pics behind Bono - she has a brown jacket on :)

She is grinning like a cheshire cat!!!!!!

Lisa

Lol @ Jo :rockon: Good for you gal :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom