Bono and Ali at Barney's NY 5/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have my shots up this week as per youtwohearts. I need her scanner. I have some good ones, I was standing directly in front of him :drool:

kellyahern said:
294591ad.jpg

The way he's standing there looks like he's saving his back, not encouraging.

HOW does Ali keep looking BETTER as she gets older????? I want her secret, her jacket, her black satin shirts, her hubby. Uh, what, where?
:wink:

Simply put, I think everyone who has come to this thread should have at least one EDUN piece of clothing in their closet. Even if it's just an EDUN t-shirt.

That is what I'm sure Bono and Ali would appreciate.:yes:

Beautiful pics - thanks for posting them.

WHERE YOU LIVE SHOULD NOT DECIDE WHETHER YOU LIVE OR WHETHER YOU DIE....:angel:

Jamila said:
Simply put, I think everyone who has come to this thread should have at least one EDUN piece of clothing in their closet. Even if it's just an EDUN t-shirt.

That is what I'm sure Bono and Ali would appreciate.:yes:

Well, I hope they can also appreciate those of us who have to work multiple jobs as full time students so we can afford to go on the net and even WISH we could own one piece of Edun clothing.

My hope is that their scheme catches on and the economics change so that everyone can afford to buy clothes they support.

Either way, we all have our own ways of supporting our causes. I wish I could afford to spend hundreds on fair trade clothes, but I can still sleep at night knowing it only cost me $2 for a coloring book and crayons that made a Tanzanian child dying of AIDS happy.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Well, I hope they can also appreciate those of us who have to work multiple jobs as full time students so we can afford to go on the net and even WISH we could own one piece of Edun clothing.

My hope is that their scheme catches on and the economics change so that everyone can afford to buy clothes they support.

Either way, we all have our own ways of supporting our causes. I wish I could afford to spend hundreds on fair trade clothes, but I can still sleep at night knowing it only cost me $2 for a coloring book and crayons that made a Tanzanian child dying of AIDS happy.

Amen.

They had a special promotonal Edun t-shirt for sale and being the B girl that I am, I was about to go and buy one and support until I heard it was $70; for a t-shirt! I'd rather have the Vertigo sweatshirt :D

I want that leather jacket/hoodie combo. :drool:

I would seriously wear that.

Does anyone know if theres a way of buying those two articles of clothing? Replicas obviously, I don't want Bono in it. One salesman who wont shut up is enough thank you.

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
You know what, I can't find Ali attractive. No matter what era she's never done it for me.

I wonder why, because I fully realise she is a beautiful, natural looking woman.

She appears to wear a lot of makeup, especially rogue. When I say a "lot" I mean more than Australian women but less than the average USA woman. Not that thats a crime, its just a cultural difference thats all.

Maybe if you saw her down the beach it might be a different matter.

beli said:

She appears to wear a lot of makeup, especially rogue. When I say a "lot" I mean more than Australian women but less than the average USA woman. Not that thats a crime, its just a cultural difference thats all.

Maybe if you saw her down the beach it might be a different matter.

As an English person I'm not fussed by the makeup. Infact I think Aussie girls don't wear enough (in some instances), or the right kinds. I'm obviously talking about girls my age though, as from about thirties upwards it is a bit better to wear subtle makeup than trying to overdo it.

But that isn't the thing with Ali. Her makeup is fine. It's just the overall package. She has a nice face, but not an attractive one. She is slim, but not sexy.

I dunno. All I know is I don't look at her and think 'jeez, thats a bit rough', not do I think she's average looking. I just don't have a 'phwoar' reaction. And like I say this goes for 80's Ali, 90's Ali or Ali today.

Maybe I just don't wanna cut Bono's grass. :wink:

lol.

Okay, I didnt know you were English. You are in the right cultural zone for Alis makeup so please ignore my previous comment.

You don't have to find Ali attractive. Its not a requirement for likeing U2s music. I don't find Bono attractive but I love U2s music so thats all that matters to me.

PS Ali doesn't do anything for me either. :wink:

I guessed that was the fact. English, exiled here for a long time though. ;)

And I know I don't have to find Ali attractive, I just find it strange that I don't because she is good looking.

But then again you fancy Adam, so why am I talking to you, you obviously have a screw loose. :madspit: :wink: ;)

I would suggest Ali's wearing more make up than usual knowing she was going to be photographed - so she wouldn't look washed out.

Good to see there's not going to be any lawnmowing here! :wink:

Palace_Hero said:

But then again you fancy Adam, so why am I talking to you, you obviously have a screw loose. :madspit: :wink: ;)

:p

Some people can be beautiful and not remotely sexually attractive and vice versa. Fortunately for the world we all fancy different people. Imagine the carnage if every woman in the world fancied you, Palace, and no other male. :wink:

Last edited:
The report I got from a friend who met Ali (and by that I mean that my friend was with a group of fans outside the band's hotel a couple of tours ago and Ali walked by and she kind of looked in their direction when they shouted her name), is that she is actually much better looking in person. I think she doesn't usually photograph well because she is not very comfortable in front of the camera.

As for the makeup, she usually seems to be wearing little if any so I think she's just wearing extra for the EDUN launches.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:up:

Back
Top Bottom