Bono and Ali article in Vogue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Celebrity Moment: Rogan and Ali Hewson’s Edun range

"In a recent edition of American Vogue Bono identifies the Edun range as a potential ‘hit single’ for Wicklow based fashion designer Rogan. Let’s hope that this strange reason for launching a fashion label does not also apply to ‘her indoors’! I’m sure Edun is constructed with the best of intentions. But what is the point of a mere ‘hit single’ for a fashion range that is aiming to radically impact upon the sweat shops of the Third World? Surely the ethos of this launch should be to make a lasting impression rather than simply up the international status of a designer and a wife? Don’t forget that Oxfam has resplendently tackled the Fair Trade issue in many countries over many years. But I doubt that Ms Hewson would make a habit of shopping in Oxfam; so EDUN has been launched to placate the right-on loaded brigade. Let’s hope that the label which is ‘NUDE’ backwards does not turn into some populist trendy gimmick that simply launches it’s perpetrators in the USA. Bono’s work in Africa and the Drop the Debt campaign make oodles of humanitarian sense. Politically, economically and altruistically this high profile commitment makes a splash; and as a result, Mr B is once again nominated for the Nobel Prize. What I don’t get though is the deliberate exclusivity of the Edun label. The Edun range in Sach’s New York only goes up to a size twelve, which is their extra large size; and most of the prices are beyond Jo public’s budget. Surely this is not merely an attempt to salve the conscience of the petite rich elite? Besides inflated costs and deflated sizes, let’s hope that Edun pans out as a long playing classic rather than a flash in the pan ‘hit single’."

Let's hope indeed...that Edun works well for all concerned

Last edited:
I will be ordering a pair of Edun jeans. I am only 5'1", and I wear a size 6, I was told I was fat, but the way you girls are implying a size 8 was 'tiny' thank you very much for that.
I won't be wanting to change my 36D boobs for any length of legs, men don't seem to have much problem with petite women.
I spent $350 on a little ipod, I think I can afford $160 for a pair of jeans, knowing that they are for a good cause.
:D

Back
Top Bottom