Bono addresses World Affairs Council of Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2bonogirl said:
u2 granny you live in oregon!!! whoa thats so cool. i didnt know anybody on here lived anywhere near me

going to the link right now!!!!:D:D:D

I don't live in Oregon.

u2bonogirl said:
washington then?
i feel stupid :reject:
anyway, im thrilled that at least somebody is in the vicinity of where i live in the bloody sticks
with hicks
and rednecks

I guess we don't live in the same area. But I do live in Washington. The money goes to a good cause.

Last edited:
i really cant afford it! im so frustrated i almost cried. i just used my money so i can go see my honey in arizona. plane tickets are murder!
im prioritizing and saying i need to see ryan more than bono
and it hurts really really bad:(
this defenitely means i get to go to a concert next year
but if i could just bum 125$ off somebody at church.....
okay okay or 35$
:wink:

My bestfriend thinks I'm nuts for going since I'm still recovering from tibula/fibula fracture. They placed a rod and plate in my left leg in april. I'm just walking a bit off still. If you end up going I'll be the gal with the leopard covered crutch. :)

I always go to Portland, as I have an aunt who lives up there. I won't be going though, as its during a school day and I know my dad wouldn't let me go. Besides, its too much money. If it were during the summer it would be more convenient, because thats when I always go.

i think im ready to burst into tears now.
my boyfriends gone in a different state
i have to wait till november to see him again
and thats the reason i cant see bono
even though this is the first time i have ever gotten the chance to see him in person......
:(
maybe i will be able to afford to see them on the tour. i need general admission so i can sit and wait for a whole day to get good seats! then i can be the 'girl' who gets to dance
oh what a nice little dream world i live in

good grief just go see Bono! Your bf will still be there in November. Sounds like it might do you some good to have some fun of your own once in a while. You will not regret seeing Bono and you know it! :p

My two best friends and I are going. We're all rabid Bono fans, so we weren't going to pass this up! It's a six hour drive away, we're taking two days off work, we don't know our way around Portland, and the tickets were more expensive than we had hoped they would be (yet somehow knew they would be...) But we're going!

drealynn42 said:
My two best friends and I are going. We're all rabid Bono fans, so we weren't going to pass this up! It's a six hour drive away, we're taking two days off work, we don't know our way around Portland, and the tickets were more expensive than we had hoped they would be (yet somehow knew they would be...) But we're going!
as one rabid bono fan to another im glad im not the only one going! maybe all the plebans that are going could meet each other there and talk bono, and act all stupid about him after the speech:wink:
or maybe corner him and force him to bite all of us

u2bonogirl said:
i think im ready to burst into tears now.
my boyfriends gone in a different state
i have to wait till november to see him again
and thats the reason i cant see bono
even though this is the first time i have ever gotten the chance to see him in person......
:(
maybe i will be able to afford to see them on the tour. i need general admission so i can sit and wait for a whole day to get good seats! then i can be the 'girl' who gets to dance
oh what a nice little dream world i live in
just to clear something up, that sounded pretty pathetic that i wouldnt go see bono cuz im going to see my guy in november. the reason was that i just bought a round trip plane ticket that was really expensive so i could go see him in nov.
so im broke and couldnt go see bono
but now i am
at least something is going right lately

u2bonogirl said:

as one rabid bono fan to another im glad im not the only one going! maybe all the plebans that are going could meet each other there and talk bono, and act all stupid about him after the speech:wink:

:applaud: I'm for that!

u2bonogirl said:
meeting or ravaging bono? :D
what time are you getting there?

Both :wink:

I'm arriving on the 19th around 4pm. Booked myself a room at the Holiday Inn it's pretty close to the arena and they provide a shuttle service within 5 miles to surrounding attractions. It would be nice to meet up with other plebans though I'm only a newbie.

newbies count!! i will get there on the 20th sometime in the afternoon because i live on the beach like 2 hours away. i dont really know portland very well otherwise i would suggest a meeting place for people to go to.
knowing me i will get lost on the way and be full of nerves by the time i actually get there:huh:
i was hoping there might be a chance of glimpsing bono outside the venue if i got there early enough but who knows:shrug:

You're just two hours away lucky you! Right now my biggest concern is if Mount St. Helens decides to blow her top. All the ash could cause flight problems in the Pacific Northwest which could screw up my plans.

drealynn42 said:

That's the spirit! :D:up:

karmic_postmark said:
You're just two hours away lucky you! Right now my biggest concern is if Mount St. Helens decides to blow her top. All the ash could cause flight problems in the Pacific Northwest which could screw up my plans.
:ohmy: youre flying over to see him? badass! i guess i am lucky for a change, being so close to where he is.
last tour it didnt work out so great. tickets sold out in like 5 minutes and i never even got through to try for any. now that hes coming for a different reason i actually get to see him!
my boyfriend said to take my binocuars so i can stare at him up reeeal close.
i would never:eyebrow: :wink:
i am really bucking for a pleba meeting here. maybe outside the venue or something?
yay!

u2bonogirl said:

Hehe, WHOA...As much as I would love to get arrested by security and spend the evening in jail with you all, my friends need to get back to school and other commitments the next day. Though personally I think we'll be too hopped up on Bono pheromones to actually care about school/other commitments for a few days... Anyway, we're leaving right after and driving the 6 hours home. It will be dark and scary, but that was our compromise for going. It made sense when we decided on it, but now I'm thinking a hotel might not have been such a bad idea.

Also, of the people who are going, does anyone have any sort of recording equipment? I doubt any of us could set up a tripod and film it, but maybe someone could record the audio like people do at concerts? I don't have any taping equipment unfortunately, or I would do it myself...Hopefully the Council will record it somehow, but I don't know if they will make it available to us.

Back
Top Bottom