Bono addresses World Affairs Council of Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going.

Hi all, I'm new to you here. I'm driving down from Seattle and I'm SO excited to see Bono in person again! I've been trying to find a fan gathering, anyone here know of one?. I'm surprised this event isn't getting much coverage. And a big Thank You for making me feel like I'm not all alone in my Bono adoration!

Re: I'm going.

Savi424 said:
Hi all, I'm new to you here. I'm driving down from Seattle and I'm SO excited to see Bono in person again! I've been trying to find a fan gathering, anyone here know of one?. I'm surprised this event isn't getting much coverage. And a big Thank You for making me feel like I'm not all alone in my Bono adoration!

Well, I'm giving U2bonogirl a call today to see what's up....hopefully we will met up, the more the merrier! I'm at the Holiday Inn in downtown and just three blocks away from the Rose Garden so it would be perfect to met up here. If anyone needed to freshen up from their travels before the event I'd be more than happy to extend some hospitality. :) I don't have a lap top so I'm using the free internet provided by the hotel if you need to reach me you can at 323-514-6307 BTW my name is Danielle.

*is jealous of all going* I live in Portland.

I love U2.
I love Bono.
I love what he's trying to for the world, and would love to hear him speak on what he's passionate about.

I lack enough money to buy a ticket, and there's the whole school thing too. So I'll just have to watch the news and hope they mention his speech. :)

Here we are....rePORTing in from PORTland.
Well, no autographs, no pictures, no hugs, no kisses...(That's the worst part, the no kisses LOL) but I still had a great time seeing Bono! (As always). He definitely made us laugh a bunch of times...
Our favorite quotes, "Hi, my name is Bono, and I am a rock star. No, actually, I'm an ice skater..." (That was super weird for me, being a huge skating fan who actually ditched a skating competition to go see him tonight).
And our other favorite was during the Q&A when he acted like he was reading a question and said, "So what hotel room number...?" LOL I think he read our minds on that one!

this has all made me so jelaous

nest time bono comes anywhere near england for soemthing i'm there, no question!

I just got home at 4am, but I wanted everyone to know that Bono was absolutely ADORABLE tonight. I took notes and will be sharing them with Devlin to post on the website. Tomorrow. After I sleep.

:yawn:

hey i got home in the wee hours of the morning too....
*yawn*
i almost fell asleep on the way home:ohmy:
i had fun with my new friends! they can tell you all the stupid things I did through the night.
namely one incident involving my car:eyebrow: ......
I almost cried afterward(I did today)
I was so overwhelmed by seeing him
but not seeing him...kinda weird
i couldnt see him from my seat in detail ,
i got to drag karmic around portland on her crutch and smuggle a camera in with her. we wanted to steal one of the neato posters with his face on them but it didnt quite work out:wink:
i think they can vouch for me
I am definately a U2 freak.

lol, sorry I missed you bonogirl! I was listening for bizarre shout-outs and screaming from your general direction, but I didn't notice if you did. :) We got there right at 6:30 because we got a little lost when we went to dinner. My one friend, in the words of my other friend, had a "conniption fit" when she saw the line to the parking garage because she thought we would be really late. Luckily we still got in there on time and it was delayed anyway...

I know what you mean about the posters...I'm just happy they passed out that little program thingy so I could have something to show for the evening! Please let me know if any of your photos turned out well, because mine didn't turn out so great. It was too dark, even with the flash, so the couple that actually turned out are kind of grainy.

Heh, Karmic, how'd your flash photos turn out?
*Wonders how the back of her head will look*

I do believe I'm changing what my shirt says, though. "i paid $141.25 to hear Bono speak for forty-five minutes. please shoot me. it was worth every penny."

Anyone else completely blown away at seeing Agnes, btw?

And edited to say, just pretend the "please shoot me" part is strike-through.

Last edited:
CMM said:

Anyone else completely blown away at seeing Agnes, btw?

Agnes was there? Didn't know that. Was she in Memphis too? I saw Bono/Agnes twice in 2002 and though I love the B-man dearly, Agnes has REALLY touched my heart. I'd never touched, or even MET, someone w/ AIDS before her. What a story she has :(

I locked my camera in the car...
With my car keys. So therefore i never got to take a picture.
karmic did and the lady next to her elbowed her in the side! :lol:
I yelled really loud when he came out and i started to combust when he reached into his shirt for the absent rosary....pulling the shirt aside...some more....looking inside...
*guh*
I made a little bit of noise then much to the horror of my older neighbors!:D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Agnes was there? Didn't know that. Was she in Memphis too? I saw Bono/Agnes twice in 2002 and though I love the B-man dearly, Agnes has REALLY touched my heart. I'd never touched, or even MET, someone w/ AIDS before her. What a story she has :(

Yeah, at the end of his "forty five minutes", he asked if it was okay if he brought out a surprise, and then started talking about how he met this woman in Africa when he went with Paul O'Neill and Chris Tucker. My eyes went wide and Brain went, "Holy crap! He brought Agnes?" It was actually more incredible to see her than to see Bono, and this was my first time seeing him.

Not real sure if she was in Memphis, though. Might want to ask one of the people that were there. :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Agnes was there? Didn't know that. Was she in Memphis too?

Nope. No special surprises like that with him there. I'm glad we got to meet her too Lies. Very touching woman.

that story about the briefcase is awesome! I remember hearing all about that back in the '80s.
I am so envious of all of you that got to see Bono and Agnes!
My husband is from Portland. His daughter lives there.

picture of Bono with some of the items from the Seattle Times article:

5d48ea9c.jpg

Down with the camera police

:mad: The pictures BLOW.....Bono looks tiny, wait he is tiny :wink: ....I mean he looks very small in the pics. I'm suprised that crappy disposable camera even did that good! I guess this is what I get for not just taking a risk and smuggling in my digital camera :sad: All is not lost though, for I will try again Tuesday in San Jose. They say the third time is the charm right?
The picture of U2bonogirl breaking into her car came out lovely. :laugh: I'll post it as soon as i hook up my 3 in 1 printer/scanner/whatever the hell else it does contraption

:love: I love how he says my name :love:

tv news
chanel702.jpg

Last edited:
:lol: breaking into my car!
*eek* not one of my greatest moments.
now everyone will know that i have hidden talents.
i can break into a car with its antenna :reject:

Im glad you got something out of your disposable camera during the speech danielle! :D
youre seeing him in san jose?? Im so jealous. I wish i could go
hey im gonna be in la jolla next week ;)
maybe I can drop by a different part of cali while Im there!

u2bonogirl said:
hey wait. theres like two different versions of his jacket:eyebrow:
one has stripes.....
I think Bono has a new fetish

Same jacket only the stripes get muted when photos are taken in harsh light. I did predict he'd wear it that night too did I not? :D La Jolla next week? So are you driving down?

karmic_postmark said:

Same jacket only the stripes get muted when photos are taken in harsh light. I did predict he'd wear it that night too did I not? :D La Jolla next week? So are you driving down?
ohhhh, i see. yeah you called that one right:wink:
seems he has a new speech uniform

Im flying down with my dad on thursday. I'll be there until i think monday or something. in san diego part of the time...im not sure actually. i do know that im gonna be in la jolla on halloween at a block party.
my first one!:D its a 21 and over party too so lets see how much makeup can solve my babyface issue

I drank three HUGE rum and cokes last night. youre such a bad influence on me. I cant believe id never had one before. ive had lots of drinks too, just never that one. now i have a new addiction!:D
and a friggin headache too

*is getting another drink to fix the headache and soothe the nerves*
Im on edge tonight for some reason.
Im in pain because of playing bass tonight. my back is a wreck from that car crash injury and i just went through three hours of playing bass standing up.
holy crap does this girl need a DRINK

u2bonogirl said:

I drank three HUGE rum and cokes last night. youre such a bad influence on me. I cant believe id never had one before. ive had lots of drinks too, just never that one. now i have a new addiction!:D
and a friggin headache too

:ohmy: Me, a bad influence never! Tara I'm in San Jose looking for the man.....call me tonight.

Back
Top Bottom