Bono addresses World Affairs Council of Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2granny said:
As a member of the WAC I really hope you guys will visit the World Affairs Council of Oregon web site. That way you will know exactly what kind of event this will be.

It's a speaking engagement has nothing to do with U2 as a music group I think we are all aware of that. After so many sound bites of Bono airing his view I felt compelled to hear the man in person. :)

i know bono will blow the pants off all the people there. hes so good at speaking to all kinds of people about anything.
im so happy i get to see him doing something he loves and is passionate about. his passion is one of the things that makes him such a beautiful person.
man, a 6 hour drive both ways for bono. thats really cool. if you wanna go stay at my place after you can! :D im on the hwy 101 route to california..that IS where youre coming from isnt it?
anyway, theres a nice livingroom carpet available if anybody needs it. i have to go to work the next day so i will be jetting it back home right after...that is unless bono roams around and talks to people or something
then i might not be seen for days:ohmy:
ahhh! bono speaking in my state! *calms the girly nerves and trys to convince herself to remain calm during the speech*
by the way, where is everybody sitting
im in the mezzanine section in 206 or something. im gonna feel really stupid if everybody has better seats than me:reject:

u2granny said:
As a member of the WAC I really hope you guys will visit the World Affairs Council of Oregon web site. That way you will know exactly what kind of event this will be.

Lol, I promise not to scream and slobber all over myself when Bono enters the room. Actually, I'm a very calm, quiet sort of person and I will not bring shame down upon the PLEBA community through any embarassing displays. ;)

I actually went to the website back when I first heard about the event, and it didn't really provide that much information about the event itself. I'm assuming he will speak and then answer questions in a moderated discussion, similar to that Kaiser Family Foundation talk he did last year. In fact, if you go to this part of the site, you can submit a question: http://www.worldoregon.org/events/iss.php

u2bonogirl said:
man, a 6 hour drive both ways for bono. thats really cool. if you wanna go stay at my place after you can! :D im on the hwy 101 route to california..that IS where youre coming from isnt it?

Yeah, my friends and I are dedicated sorts of people to drive that far in one day...I hang out on U2 websites and trade dvds. My friends have spent summers volunteering in African orphanages. Basically, none of us could justify missing it...

Thanks very much for the offer of a place to stay! That's very kind of you! But we're actually driving in a different direction, to Spokane, WA, up near Idaho. And the main issue is that my friends actually WANT to go to school the next day. Yeah, I don't get it either. Actually, they both pulled some strings to have their midterms earlier in the week, so they decided they couldn't afford to tick off any more professors. Though surprisingly, several of their professors said they would love to join us if they could...

Our tickets are in section 203, row N, seats 15-17

drealynn42 said:

Yeah, my friends and I are dedicated sorts of people to drive that far in one day...I hang out on U2 websites and trade dvds. My friends have spent summers volunteering in African orphanages. Basically, none of us could justify missing it...

Thanks very much for the offer of a place to stay! That's very kind of you! But we're actually driving in a different direction, to Spokane, WA, up near Idaho. And the main issue is that my friends actually WANT to go to school the next day. Yeah, I don't get it either. Actually, they both pulled some strings to have their midterms earlier in the week, so they decided they couldn't afford to tick off any more professors. Though surprisingly, several of their professors said they would love to join us if they could...

Our tickets are in section 203, row N, seats 15-17
i couldnt justify missing it either. i need some kind of pleasure in my life right now considering most of it has been yanked away from me lately. i just did a really long drive through idaho. it was a little longer than yours though. like 28 hours. :ohmy: i did it to spend time with my boyfriend before he left for a year. i hate long car rides, you poor girl. even if its is 6 hours instead of 28!
i think we might be semi close in seating compared to *somebody* ahem, with ground seats :wink: :wink:
i cant remember what the exact seating arrangement is, but were in the same level.
eek! cant be pissing off professors. not a good thing
but if they went then you could all justify not being there!:wink:

u2bonogirl said:
i think we might be semi close in seating compared to *somebody* ahem, with ground seats :wink: :wink:

:eek:

*LOL* Yeah, I might be the only one sitting there. Just imagine me in a sea of empty chairs while everyone else will be in the more reasonably priced sections Bono would be like "what the f*ck?". This trip is my early b-day present to myself so I splurged.:mac:

This will be my first time seeing Bono in person since November 1988 @ the Rattle and Hum Premiere in Hollywood. I was only 13! Now I'm 29 going on 30:yikes:

Originally posted by karmic_postmark Yeah, I might be the only one sitting there. Just imagine me in a sea of empty chairs while everyone else will be in the more reasonably priced sections Bono would be like "what the f*ck?".

I don't know, I think demand for tickets might have pushed people onto the floor at the higher price! I was at the computer waiting for the sale to start, and was surprised that the cheapest were already gone! Of course, I was looking for three, so maybe individual tickets were available. But I panicked and bought the more expensive ones. I'm thinking anyone who logged in after me was forced to the same. I'm assuming most of the people on the floor will be WAC members anyway, but hopefully you won't be the only fan down there! If you're alone in a sea of empty chairs, we will come visit. Maybe stay a while... ;)

hey guys, I just did a search on ticketmaster to see if tickets were still available for this event (totally out of curiosity). I did a search for tickets in the $50 range, and some are still available. In fact, they are better than the seats I got on the very first day of the sale! I called ticketmaster and tried to switch mine for them, but they said "sorry, no refunds or exchanges" :mad:

I believe these seats are on the floor, so grab them while you can...

Hi u2bonogirl & drealynn42,
I was wondering what time you'd be arriving on the 20th? Are you planning just to make it an hour or so before 7pm? Or will you be more than a few hours early and looking to kill time? If so, maybe we can all hang out before hand and grab an early dinner. My treat of course :D

I have been looking forward to this event so much for weeks . Now that it's only days away I'm so excited!!! I feel like I'm about to :combust: The one thing that is bothering me though is the fact that I'm still not able to walk at a normal stride without or with my crutch. I've been working so hard to be able to. I have what my niece refers to as a pimp limp :laugh: it's very attractive :( I'm kind of nervous travelling semi-faraway when I'm still not 100%.
Broken bones blow! On the bright side by the time U2 hits the road I'll be ready :hyper: :dance:
So has anyone taken up Devlin's offer?

spec.jpg
:love:

hey karmic! i was planning on being there ridiculously early being the freako bono girl that i am. lol ;)
i would love to meet anybody who is going so i can put faces with names on interference! :hyper: im sooooo excited
all i keep saying is BONO ON WEDNESDAY
im going to be gone, i have to see bono.
people are starting to think im like rain man or something:D
i wish i could have gotten a floor seat....but i wasnt going to be able to go in the first place so im very thankful for my mezanine seats.
i think i will take devlin up on his offer if nobody else is. though im sure the more accounts the better accuracy. considering we will all be drooling the whole time we are going to have to ask each other, now what happened for the last half hour because i was lost in bonoland!!

out of curiosity, does anyone know how were supposed to dress? i mean is casual okay or is it a more formal event?
because i dress casual everywhere:eyebrow:
BUT for bono i can make an exception
cant wait to meet you!

u2bonogirl said:
out of curiosity, does anyone know how were supposed to dress? i mean is casual okay or is it a more formal event?
*sigh of relief* I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about that. I'm going to play it safe and wear what i like to call my "uniform". Which consists of a knee length skirt, a curve hugging sweater and flats. Pretty basic but comfortable.

all i keep saying is BONO ON WEDNESDAY
:laugh: I know what you mean. I'll be hanging out with a friend then all of a sudden it dawns on me I'LL BE SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM AS BONO ON WEDNESDAYI can't help but let out a little giggle.....then blurt it out loud :hyper: to my friend! *sigh* Bono makes me feel all giddy like a school girl :flirt:

cant wait to meet you!
Me too!!!!
I can email you my cell number or you can send me your number and I''ll give you a ring this weekend. :)

ah, great minds do think alike dont they!;)
im going semi casual. wearing my levi's butt-jeans. lol
and maybe a button up shirt or something not grubby. (i work outside so most of my clothes are trashed)
and maybe my bonoboots :D
hey, this deserves makeup too. i never wear makeup, i always get it wrong but im making an attempt.

because like you, i feel giddy like a schoolgirl when i think of bono:drool:
my number is 541-921-3862
haha, now everyone who sees this will know my number but oh well, were all friends here :wave:

Hi Girls!

I don't know if any of you remember me from the Zootopia site or not, but I will most likely be going down to Portland for this if any of you want to say Hi or have a drink, I may have time....I'll be rushing to the airport afterward so it would have to be before hand.
I've rescheduled my entire trip around Bono's appearance in Portland. LOL!

hey duchess! :wave:
I would be glad to meet everybody who is going to the event
Hopefully I will get there pretty early so I can bum around the rose garden and meet people, maybe wait and see if Bono drives up or something :drool:

awww, nanavancouver.....:hug: we'll tell you everything about it.
I'll be paying attention, trust me. This is my first bonoevent:ohmy:
I spent a bunch on a trip to AZ too:eyebrow: for my BF
-er- fiancee but i had enough change saved up to get a semicrappy ticket
i hope nobody has to sit in the balcony, thats ungodly beings ghow bono will be all the way down there on the floor and hes so short!:D
i dunno, though, with the shoes hes been wearing lately you might be face to face with him in the balcony....

The weather channel online is forecasting rain all FUCKING week for Portland.....rain and crutches don't mix!!!!! :(

Tara what's a good time to call?

karmic_postmark said:
The weather channel online is forecasting rain all FUCKING week for Portland.....rain and crutches don't mix!!!!! :(

Tara what's a good time to call?

The rain should let up some time in March.

karmic! :wave:
hey, a good time to call on wednesday would probably be sometime in the afternoon, like two o clock?
dunno, depends on what everyone else is doing i guess....i can get to portland pretty much any time i feel like it so its up to whoever else has to travel farther.

as for the crutches, i can give you a piggy back ride:D
i might be small looking but i gave a 250 lb friend of mine a piggy back ride up a whole flight of stairs:wink:
Im sure if you need an umbrella, or help with anything I can do it for you :hug:
i wonder if wearing my leather jacket would be a bad idea for rain:eyebrow:

u2bonogirl said:
hey duchess! :wave:
I would be glad to meet everybody who is going to the event
Hopefully I will get there pretty early so I can bum around the rose garden and meet people, maybe wait and see if Bono drives up or something :drool:

HI!
Hey, Bono is not short! He's travel-size! LOL

I might actually be one of those people in the cheap seats. LOL I don't mind though, reallly.

Thanks for being up for meeting whoever decides to go. You sound like fun and I think it's great that this is your first Bono event - I've seen him many times but I still get goosebumps. LOL

BTW, I'm 23 and live in Seattle. If you want you can email me at talktomebaby@casaleconsulting.com but as far as I know I'll be at the Amtrak Station at about 2:15pm and I think you have a really good idea about going early to the arena and trying to see him go in, that is, if it's not too fe*king freezing. LOL

karmic_postmark said:
Hi u2bonogirl & drealynn42,
I was wondering what time you'd be arriving on the 20th? Are you planning just to make it an hour or so before 7pm? Or will you be more than a few hours early and looking to kill time? If so, maybe we can all hang out before hand and grab an early dinner. My treat of course :D

So has anyone taken up Devlin's offer?

hi :)

I've been trying to decide whether or not I should agree to meet with you guys, since I want to but I can't guarantee what time I will be getting in. I'm hoping to get there by 6:00 when the doors open but I would hate to make an appointment and then keep you guys waiting. I told Devlin that I am taking my digital camera and will try to get pictures if they are allowed. We'll be in seats 203 M 15-17 if anyone wants to find me and get their picture taken for the report thingy. :) That is, we'll be in those seats if we don't figure out how to move up, hehe...

The Eagle has landed

I left LA at 11:10am this morning I finally arrived in Portland at 6:00pm. I've never seen so many trees....it's amazing! The Holiday Inn is really close to the Rose Garden I'm glad I decided to stay here.

I'm so :hyper: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom