Bono a Monty Python Fan???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Hey Ladies..!

I am trying to remember is Bono a Python fan? I thought I read something in the "Bono in conversation with Michka Assayas" That there was some reference or two about Life of Brian and/or the Holy Grail... Anyone know anything about this?

Any info would be great!

Thanks!:wink:

That's all I know of his Monty Python fandom, too, but I thought it was really cool that he can rattle off the same scenes I can from The Holy Grail. :laugh: :dork: I think it was the scene where King Arthur fights the knight in the woods and chops all his limbs off.

I remember Bono saying that he first heard about Amnesty when he watched the Secret Policeman's Ball which was an awareness/fundraiser spearheaded by the Pythons. And Edge was interviewed by Michael Palin on the DART for one of Michael's travel specials -- why talk to him if you don't like him or his work? I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone of their generation with a clue who wasn't/isn't into Python. And after all, anyone who goes on tour with a giant lemon has to have an affinity for spam, freemasons and dead parrots!:wink:

thanks all!!!!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!

I saw something on ebay that I might get that is related to this...:wink:

say no more...wink wink..nudge nudge... :lmao:

Oh yes, bring us.... A SHRUBERY!
A nice one, not too expensive...
And now for something completely differente
HeHeHe

Bono used to hang out with their friends when they were quite young and invent themselves into different persons. It was called the "Lypton Village". They had their own language, theater scenes, nick-names, etc. etc. It was a bizarre adventure at the time, much like what Monty Python was also doing at the time with their comedy shows. That type of comedy is EXTREMELY contagious. Practicly all of todays comics bow down for the innovative ways the Monty crew "re-invented" comedy. You really do have to watch it to believe it.
Anyway, Bono is a great fan of them. He keeps imitating them quite often, including the voices too!! AAAHAHAAHAAHA

Back
Top Bottom