Bono 4th Sexiest Rock Star??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ally

The Fly
According to the latest edition of InStyle Magazine (a *very* credible source, i know!), Bono was voted the 4th Sexiest Rock n' Roll Star. Ahead of him are Sting, Lenny Kravitz, and Dave Matthews (???). Clearly, most women just don't know quality when they see it!
biggrin.gif

Yuck!
eek.gif
Dave Matthews is a puke and Sting is sickening to me! Kravitz is nowhere near Bono either. That list sucks.
mad.gif

Some girls have NO taste, what a shame. I wish Bono could know he'd be #1 with most of us, I know he is with me!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

#1 with me, too, U2 Kitten! Don't worry, Bono, we still love ya!!
biggrin.gif

seriously, how could you compare this...
81220.jpg

to THIS!
010621r4-02crp-u2.jpg

No contest it's BONO all the way! Bono is beautiful, sexy, charismatic, magnetic, intellingent, spiritual, gorgeous, appealing, everything Dave Matthews toilet face is not. I am a Police fan but I was never physically attracted to Sting and he's kind of ugly now that he's old. We should have voted, I didn't even know about it. Bono is the sexiest!

Everyone has their own personal taste, but I think there are guys that aren't "classically handsome" that can still be downright sexy. To me, those can be entirely different things sometimes. OK, Dave Matthews isn't handsome-but I think a guy that can write some of the lyrics he does-and sing them "in a certain way"-eg. "hike up your skirt a little more, and show the world to me" etc. Just imagine Bono singing that! And what about Edge, Larry, and Adam??

*In Style magazine=good birdcage liner*

Bono should definitely be the sexiest! At least he was in the top 4. I can understand Sting and Lenny Kravitz being high on the list, but Dave Matthews? Come on! Dave Matthews does not seem sexy to me at all (especially in that pic Ally posted
biggrin.gif
))!

bah! oh well no accounting for some peoples taste I suppose.

DAVE MATTHEWS?! Are you kiddin me? Sting, DEFINITELY. Lenny I guess so...but DAVE?! Well at least Britney's not before him
smile.gif
o wait that's not real music anyway....
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

C'mon, Dave Matthews who? Who can beat this?

bonoslane5.jpg

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

My revised list:
Bono on top (heh),
Sting a close second (50-year old men can be sexy, dammit.)
Dave does have a way of singing that makes me want to just ooze out of my chair, so he's third.
Lenny, I have NO idea what he's doing here. Good guitarist, but come ON!

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

I just don't get this Sting thing. He's just so gross looking to me. As far as Dave Matthews, I don't care HOW 'sexy' his lyrics may be if he looks like that it does nothing for me, besides I find his voice irritating and unbearable. I think Dave Matthews looks like he is retarded, not meaning to be offensive. He is also ugly and his voice is ear-splitting. He turns me off BIG time.

How about we all make our OWN PLEBA TOP 10?

Let's use MUSIC stars (any genre) and not actors, ball players, etc. Here is mine.

#1 Bono
#2 Brett Scallion, Fuel lead singer
#3 Scott Stapp, Creed
#4 Incubus singer*
#5 Anthony Keidis, Red Hot Chili Peppers
#6 American HiFi singer*
#7 The Edge
#8 Joe Perry, Aerosmith
#9 Jon Bon Jovi
#10Steven Tyler, Aerosmith

Those Aerosmith guys are 50 and are better looking than most young guys.

Please let's not list any dead guys like Jim Morrison or Jeff Buckley. It's too creepy.

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 08-31-2001).]

DAVE MATTHEWS? LOL! Yuck. Sorry to any DMB fans, he is a great musician, but sexy? No.

I would agree with the other three, I think both Sting and Lenny Kravitz are quite nice, but you all know I'm Crzy 4 Bono.

smile.gif

Red%20Shirt%20Bono.jpg

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

NO...I can't believe it. Bono is the MOST BEAUTIFUL, SEXY AND CHARISMATIC man of the whole globe! Nothing can compare...
Dave Matthews???? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................

For more discussion:::

Bono was no where to be seen in Blender's (a brand new music mag covering all genres) Rock's Top 50 Sexiest Stars. Of course that list included some celebs that weren't even in the music industry (just by mutuality or association.) Guess who topped the list. Wait, no, don't. It was Brittany Spears. Thank the heavens for online vote-castability. I guess, on a good note he was also nowhere to be seen on there Top Ten List of artists who think they're sexy but they're not (Also compiled by Blender, same article.) My conclusion: Blender had a U2 Elevation tour article in their premeir issue, so that's cool enough. However, the mag is young (issue no.2), so I figure more time is necesary.

Umm... okay, Democracy SUCKS.
I say we form a U2-based dictatorship.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

I pity anyone who finds Sting revolting.
smile.gif
I mean, that's just beyond anything I can imagine. Sting, to me, is hotness personified. I can say, though, that I understand people who like Bono better. In a way I do too. I really prefer dark hair (though Bono's is kinda fake
wink.gif
) and he has more charisma than Sting. But Sting...ah yes...Sting...I mean, really. He's almost 50 and he's amazing! I think he's better looking now than when he was in his 20s and 30s. Like quite a lot of younger British men, I find, he looked a bit effeminate then. More androgynous, anyway. Now, he is both gorgeous and...mature.
biggrin.gif

I'm glad there are some other Sting lovers here
smile.gif
As for Dave Matthews, I totally agree--that's incomprehensible.

------------------
You say I'm a fool
You say I'm nothing
But if I'm a fool for you
Oh, that's something

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 08-31-2001).]

FOURTH SEXIEST??????????????????

WHAT, are they blind, or just plain crazy???????? AAAAUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

There is NO WAY that any of those *other guys* can beat out Bono, no way. Have they SEEN BONO IN CONCERT???

Sounds like we need to contest this vote!! Where to do I sign??????

GRRRRR....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

disco...mad as a wet hen...and that's mad

Sorry but I am among those who find Sting revolting. I just don't like his looks, I don't like his barely there bleached hair, his wrinkled, leathery face, and his body just doesn't move me. Besides, I don't like his cocky, arrogant personality and his big head and ego which have distanced himself from those close to him. He ditched his first wife for a neighbor he was having an affair with while she was pregnant and I believe his last kid by his first wife and his first kid by the second one are less than nine months apart, he's so cheap to do that. He also betrayed the other members of The Police who say they always believed he would return after his solo project but he misled them and never did. Compare that to Bono, who is still with the same wife and band members after all these years! Class and character are part of Bono's appeal to me and Sting is lacking in both!

I prefer Bono's looks of course, his face is cuter, I like dark hair better(did someone call Bono's dark hair fake, which bottle did Sting's bleached blond crap come out of?} I like Bono's eyes better and Bono's body and movements and expressions are far more sexually alluring to me. I love his voice more too, and as I mentioned before the person inside has a lot to do with the appeal. It's a physical and emotional attraction with Bono to me, and Sting gives me nothing. I am repulsed not only by his look but his personality and his ways. Bono has it all. Bono all the way!

oo69761.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I thought this was a "Bono is hot" thread, not a "Sting sucks" thread. I did say Bono's glossy black hair is fake (um...it is...) but I also said it looks great. I think we could hold off on the Sting insults a bit. I could cite many ways in which Sting is amazing looking, a great singer and a great person, but it's a little irrelevant here.

I could also cite one or two tacky/tasteless things Bono has done, which possibly show disrespect for his wife. And I could get into Adam Clayton's shortcomings. But once again, I won't.

So how about we lay off Sting, huh? But almost everyone seems to agree about Dave Matthews here
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 08-31-2001).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
But almost everyone seems to agree about Dave Matthews here
smile.gif

.]

I don't!!!! I'm different! YAHHH!!!!!
Um... yeah.

*wanders away, humming*

------------------

Dave Matthews ??? WHAT THE F**K?

I like Sting and Lenny Kravitz, but Bono is my number 1 sexy rock star...

Why isn't Edge, Adam and Larry on that list? I mean why aren't they there and DAVE MATTHEWS IS THERE??
mad.gif

Also, Brandon Boyd of Incubus should have been on that list...he's really cute.

------------------
She had heaven
And she held on so tight

***Check out my webpage: Pics of U2, Ewan McGregor, Kate Winslet and much more***
http://community.webshots.com/user/leyloo20

originally posted by U2 Kitten:
oo69761.jpg

MMMMMM, so beautiful! Bono is #1!!
smile.gif

Don't care about the others, but Naya you're right about Brandon Boyd, what a cutie, got a pic?

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

Okay, I just finished watching the Charlie Rose show on our local PBS station (the same show Bono himself was on a while back), and his guests tonight where the Dave Matthews band. So I REALLY looked hard to see if I could see what *they* see when they look at DM as being sexier than Bono...and I JUST COULDN'T SEE IT!!!! :p

I mean, he's cute-ish, but he's got kind of a dough-y face, and he is nothing NEAR the gorgeousness that is our boy Bono!!! WTF is up with those people who voted for DM???
mad.gif

BONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONO BONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONOBONO!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think I've made my point.

disco

Back
Top Bottom