Blonde Ali?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4EVRU2

Acrobat
A while back I asked in one thread if anyone remembers seeing Ali w/short, blonde hair and someone said they were sure she never had short, blonde hair, but I am fairly sure I saw a picture of Bono w/Ali and she has short, blonde hair (don't ask why I didn't cut the pic out) and after seeing a bit of the Sweetest Thing video, in which she has short hair, (and resembling the Cranberries' singer) it IS possible she could've tried the blonde thing very temporarily!

Does anyone know?

p.s. this forum should be called ALEBA 'cos who here actually talks about Paul McG, :huh: but it seems a lot of you love Ali!:love:

4EVRU2 said:
this forum should be called ALEBA 'cos who here actually talks about Paul McG, :huh: but it seems a lot of you love Ali!:love:
Hahaa!

Good point there!

But i really dont know about ali being blonde.....:scratch:

There's a picture around of Bono and a girl with short blond hair walking up a set of stairs. I've seen it labelled many times as "Bono adn Ali or "Bono and wife". But it's definately not her.

Ali has had really short hair in the past, but never blond. The one time shye had light hair was back in the '80's. Her hair was long, wavy and light brown.

Let me look for that pic I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Alilong.bmp

This pic I saw was one that was taken as they were just walking in a hallway or something, and at first I thought maybe Bono and Ali split up (urk!) because her hair was blonde and short but I looked closely and there were those dimples!

Aaargh, I wish I had cut it out! :banghead: I just remember thinking, yay, a pic of Bono and his wife which were rare back then (this would've been in the nineties).

I just thought of something: I did say she resembled the Cranberries' singer, could it have been her? Does anyone have a pic of Bono and Dolores (is it?) together?

It's gonna bug me 'til I find out the truth!!

That's about the lightest it's ever been. She's never been blond.

Remember that ridiculous tabloid article with "Bono" and "Ali" and baby "John": "Bono" was skinny and about 6 feet tall (and wearing a crappy, cheap mock leather jacket), "Ali" was blond and improbably round-bottomed in very ugly tight pants, and the baby was a girl. It was hilarious! That's the only time "Ali"'s been blond! :lol:

biff said:

Remember that ridiculous tabloid article with "Bono" and "Ali" and baby "John": "Bono" was skinny and about 6 feet tall (and wearing a crappy, cheap mock leather jacket), "Ali" was blond and improbably round-bottomed in very ugly tight pants, and the baby was a girl. It was hilarious! That's the only time "Ali"'s been blond! :lol:

:lmao:

Yeah, I remember that too.

4EVRU2 said:
This pic I saw was one that was taken as they were just walking in a hallway or something, and at first I thought maybe Bono and Ali split up (urk!) because her hair was blonde and short but I looked closely and there were those dimples!

Aaargh, I wish I had cut it out! :banghead: I just remember thinking, yay, a pic of Bono and his wife which were rare back then (this would've been in the nineties).

I just thought of something: I did say she resembled the Cranberries' singer, could it have been her? Does anyone have a pic of Bono and Dolores (is it?) together?

It's gonna bug me 'til I find out the truth!!

Where did u see that pic? Was it on a book or on the internet?

I bet you're talking about the old Sun story with the fake Bono and Ali from 2001. It had an "Ali" with short blonde hair and a tall, long legged "Bono" in a cheesy plastic jacket and Sweetest Thing hat (during Elevation!) and a GIRL in pink ruffles "Baby John"

To make a long story short, it WASN'T THEM. It was a blooper :crack:

If I find the pic I'll post it later.

The guy in those pics is actor Chris Meloni, of Law & Order SVU fame--he and Bono are currently neck-and-neck for my pick as hottest guy. Yeah, both he and Bono are gorgeous, but they don't look anything alike. I'm kind of scratching my head at the mistake...

:scratch:

Good Lord! Those people look NOTHING like Bono or Ali, and for that matter, the baby looks nothing like John (like I would know, but hey "he" has a fluffy pink hat on)... I have never heard of this Sun story...:laugh: that is just too funny!

Maybe someone who hasn't seen Bono enough to know what he looks like did the story. Maybe all that the person knew was that Bono wears sunglasses.*hey theres a guy with sunglasses, it must be Bono* Other than that, there really is no excuse for the mix-up....the people in the pic don't resemble Bono or Ali whatsoever, except for the dude has sunglasses on. :shrug:

What a way to make some money! Take some pictures of random people and then send them into the Sun. Bono, Ali and Children! I'd make thousands! :lol:

Ok, those pics are too funny. I can't believe they actually tried to pass those off as pics of Bono and Ali. :lol:

4EVRU2 said:
and after seeing a bit of the Sweetest Thing video, in which she has short hair, it IS possible she could've tried the blonde thing very temporarily...

I thought she did!!!
Why?? simply because of some of the lyrics in "Walk To The Water", (which we know was a song that Bono wrote about his wife in the "early" days in Dublin.)

(Remember. the second verse...)

"I saw you that day...Your lips were cherry red"
"Your legs were crossed...Your arms wide open"
"YOUR HAIR WAS COLORED GOLD...And like a field of corn"
"You were blown by the wind..."You were blown by the wind"

I think that the "blonde" hair thing, could have very well happened, according to these lyrics...maybe back towards the beginning of their relationship, and we can't seem to find the photos...."Oh, fudge-sicles":banghead: :banghead:

biff said:

I remember that too. Totally ridiculous.

No, this definitely wasn't it. It was indoors, like at an event and y'know how some couples are captured as they're meandering down the carpet or whatever? it had that look (maybe it was in People magazine 'cos I read that a lot) and I honestly thought maybe Bono was with a new woman, but when I looked closer, I could've sworn it was Ali!! (because of her dimples)
Next time anyone gets a chance to meet her or Bono, just ask if she ever had blonde hair? I know I won't get the chance anytime soon...

What a sweet picture that is. I wonder if that was taken at Greg Carroll's funeral?

Back
Top Bottom