Bittersweet picture... a must see

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melpop

Acrobat
Here's a picture of Bono with Eli at his Robert Hewson's funeral...

Eli is so cute... he even has a little leather coat and everything... like his Da!

Too bad this picture had to be taken at such a sad occasion
frown.gif

imdf24082001124817a.jpg

Whatta cute kid! Again I don't wanna sound rude -- given th context of the pic -- but whatta cutie pie! lookit his hair!

p.s. hot hot hot Bono profile

I feel so guilty! ag!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Aw-his little boy has the face of an angel-I agree-so sad its when it is-but its almost like the "passing of the torch" to the next generation-you're so right-truly a bittersweet picture.

So sweet and sad.

%3B%3C%3A999232323%7Ego46%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D323236335%3B%3C88nu0mrj

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 08-24-2001).]

Awwww...those pics are so sweet and SO SAD!!! Look at Bono's and Norman's (and Larry's!) faces...gosh my heart is just breaking for all of them...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

But those pictures of sweet baby Elijah, what a little cutie pie he is!! He looks like Bono as a baby (the hair), but has Ali's brown eyes...

here's a link to the Yahoo article:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/010824/80/c240e.html

Disco...sad sad sad

I know...I have weird emotions looking at these pictures too, but OMG, is that really EDGE at the back right???

eek.gif
WOAH.
eek.gif

I know it's a sad but special occasion, but I'm just wondering how much trauma he went through to go hatless for the day...I can't believe I'm even thinking that, but thinking it I am...sorry...
frown.gif
It's just not everyday you see Edge hatless!!

Those pic of Bono and little Elijah are so sweet.

And *sniff* yeah the other pics are so sad!
frown.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 08-24-2001).]

He looks so much like Bono...the eyes (except maybe for the colour).. the leather jacket...
smile.gif

Oh wow, his son is so gorgeous! Poor little baby though. It is a very bittersweet picture.... Awww. He looks every bit his father's son, minus the eyes...and do you see that cute jacket he's wearing? But poor Hewson family. I feel so bad for them.
frown.gif

The other pics that I saw were heartwrenching. I agree that they shouldn't be posted here though. Larry looks pretty torn up himself. He always got along with Bobby, according to the Flanagan book.

frown.gif

R.I.P. Bobby Hewson

tania

------------------
I can't even say the word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

Right Tania-I was thinking just that after seeing Larry-about how in that book, he and Mr. Hewson got along famously-probably also because Larry, just like Bono, had lost his Mom when he was so young.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
blah. I feel the same way. On one hand, being a fan...you get to feel like the band is part of your extended family...but they're not. We don't know them. I feel torn. On one hand, you gotta think that if they had really wanted to, they could have made it more private (ie. secure the area, make sure it was not public info). But still, it doesn't make seeing those photos any less...I dunno. Definitely conflicting emotions here.
frown.gif

-sula

I don`t know... it`s all very confusing! After all Bob wasn`t a public figure... he wasn`t a celebrity!
On the other hand I`m kinda glad in a way I get to see these pics because it allows me in a selfish and twisted way to admire him being human from the far. here he is Mr. big star in a break point in his life...all flesh! I love him that way!!!
Like I said confusing and twisted... Get me a shrink now
smile.gif

By the way just wanted to mention to all PLEBA girls that I`m back and glad to be
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I love you `cause I need to ,not because I need you..."
-luminous times

What a sad occasion, I'm so sorry.
frown.gif

Eli is just so adorable, he's beautiful just like his Daddy. I love his hair and his leather jacket and the little look on his face. Thank you for posting the pictures.

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

I'm sure this is neither the time nor the place, but I remember posting a while ago asking if there were any pics of Bono wearing a tie.
biggrin.gif
And here we are! But it's sad considering....y'know....*more conflicting emotion* *Bono-in-a-tie-dance*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

imdf24082001123334a.jpg

Here is one with Ronan Keating and his wife. I won't post any of the coffin ones, I think it's in bad taste. It looks like an expensive and elaborate coffin with a solid gold crucifix and plaque. It's really sad to think Bono and Norman had to be photographed at a time like that, it's the price of fame.
I have never seen Bono in a tie either. I don't like ties but he looks good. He's cut his hair too, unfortunately it's not as long as it has been in recent concert shots. Those are all good pictures, it's sad it's a funeral. Bless the Hewson family.
frown.gif

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

[This message has been edited by U2 Lulu (edited 08-24-2001).]

Originally posted by U2 Lulu:
It's really sad to think Bono and Norman had to be photographed at a time like that, it's the price of fame.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the pics are really up close to Bono's face. I'd feel kinda weird taking pictures there...(that is, if I could work a camera...*break things by accident*) or seeing ppl taking pics.

------------------
~*Mona*~

Yes the pictures are good but it is terrible they were taken at such a private and tragic moment. It's like a photo opportunity and it's really wrong, but it's not just because he's famous because it happens in real life too. At my uncle's funeral this spring all the relatives were running around taking pics of people they hadn't seen in years and posing everyone and it was weird. It was like it had become a family reunion. Though I could understand the ones who wanted pics, it still seemed wrong to use a funeral as a photo opportunity. It's awful that in some families that is the only time you can get everybody together, when you lose someone. For famous people, the public will be watching. It's hard to explain.
frown.gif

I suppose the very worst thing of all is the people who actually photograph the deceased in their coffin. None of my relatives do that but I have been looking through friends' photo albums and come across one of those macabre portraits, and they will casually mention who it was and when and how they died. That is too morbid and I don't understand how anyone could do that.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Eli is definitely a cutie pie, but those pics are so sad!
frown.gif
I believe that the third pall bearer on the right is the Edge without his hat- first time we've seen that in a long time. If Larry and Edge were there, was Adam? Is that him in front of the Edge?

Now I feel bad for looking at these pictures...who was taking pictures at a funeral anyway?
frown.gif

nope I don't think that's adam... I dunno who that guy is between Norman and Edge but I'm pretty sure Guggi is behind Larry.

I agree wholeheartedly GL-I knew he'd have zero privacy, even for his Dad's funeral-even if it was outside the church, did they need to be taking pictures? That one w/the coffin is just so gut wrenching. That's why I didn't want to post them here-cause it just seems like an extreme invasion of privacy. Guess they're everywhere now and all over the internet.

blah. I feel the same way. On one hand, being a fan...you get to feel like the band is part of your extended family...but they're not. We don't know them. I feel torn. On one hand, you gotta think that if they had really wanted to, they could have made it more private (ie. secure the area, make sure it was not public info). But still, it doesn't make seeing those photos any less...I dunno. Definitely conflicting emotions here.
frown.gif

-sula

I was in Ireland the day of the funeral - the pictures were everywhere, all over the paper. It was really the biggest news story of the day. I really had the same feeling - that I didn't want to intrude on that event. So sad, so sorry for the whole family.

At the concert, Bono said he was relieved that his father was free from all of the pain and sickness - I gather that his father had been sick for some time, probably kept it quiet from the media until the very end.

Peace to you!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Back
Top Bottom