Bin the Beanie...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, following on from my earlier thread, one question should prove quite interesting. (and Edgy, if yer reading this, pls take note).

Should our Edge....(dare I say it)....

BIN THE BEANIE....

Ok...I'll go hide now, just in case he's miffed...;)

:lol:

I think the beanie is already part of him and he wouldn't let it go easily now. But I must say that he looks very charming without it.;)

He looks absolutely stunning without the beanie and I wish he would go without it more often, but I think he looks great with it as well.

3439%3A%3A3523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D545%3D523%3D3232545432%3C%3A%3Cnu0mrj

3439%3A%3A3523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B94%3D32%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323694%3A%3A9269ot1lsi

3439%3A%3A3523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B94%3D32%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323873%3C88953ot1lsi

Last edited:
I have always said that there is no clearer indicator of the general decline of our society and culture than the fact that this gifted, intelligent, sweet, funny, sensitive, decent man feels compelled to wear a hat because he's bald. What we all don't do to one another, and then wonder where it all went wrong....

Take it off already! lol. (The beanie I mean).

Hatless Edge is my favorite look. He looks amazing without the beanie/cap/etc. He looks amazing with it on, but I think his natural look is perfect.

He's been wearing a beanie on and off since ZooTV. He stopped during Popmart (Even though there's one or two known pics of him in a beanie from then) and then started up again in like 98/99. He's had it on ever since. :mad:

14.jpg

2807875.jpg

2337ce55.jpg

Mor_edge.jpg

I don't know... :shrug: He's just scrumptious either way! :cute:

However, I believe the following equation sums it all up:

Beanie is to :edge: as Bulgari is to :bono:
At this point, why even try to separate them?? :tongue:

he looks great either way. he also looks good with a baseball cap :cute:

Dismantled said:
love the beenie:drool:it just wouldn't be edge without it:tsk:

:yes: imagine him doing his dance and stomping his feet away at a show without his beanie. wouldn't be too edge-like now would it? :wink:

I like him without it but I think it's kind of like his security blanket now! Plus, when he takes his beanie off he almost looks totally different so perhaps he likes to take it off and almost be unnoticed by the general public.

I think Edge looks great with or without (heh) headgear. It's up to him of course: maybe he just likes the way he looks with a beanie. Or maybe he gets cold without one! :D

We've had 'Van Dieman's Land' and 'Numb'; now I think it's time for....

The Beanie Song

Beanies they are wonderful, beanies they are swell
'coz they keep out the water and they keep in the smell.
And when you're sittin' round backstage, you can always tell
When Mr The Edge has taken off his beanie.

Chorus:
If if weren't for your beanie, where would you be?
You'd be in the hospital or infirmary
'cos you would have a dose of the 'flu, or even pleurisy
If you didn’t have your head in your beanie.

Now there's cowboy hats and baseball caps and hats for being seen
But the only hat I'm never without is the one that starts with “bean”
I've got black ones and stripy ones and some with barcodes on
I'm never dressed 'till I’ve got on me beanie.

Fat Lady:
When I'm singing in a stadium my beanie is a must
It helps me hit the higher notes, and protects my head from the dust
It keeps the water well away, so me voice won't get no rust.
You will not ever see me without me beeeanie.

Chorus:
If if weren't for your beanie, where would you be?
You'd be in the hospital or infirmary
'cos you would have a dose of the 'flu, or even pleurisy
If you didn’t have your head in your beanie.

:wink:

Edge has such a beautiful face, so Im fine "with or with out the beanie"...what ever he is more comfortable with!
I think Edge looks good in any hat gear...

maybe he should tattoo the beanie on his head!......................:reject:

Last edited:
Ok Ancalagon, I'm thinking you MUST be Scottish and the sad thing is after three words of your song I knew the tune!

On the beanie front, I'm not an Edge girl but I think he's got something without the beanie - its a more 'growing old gracefully' look, a bit like Adam and his grey hair (OOH LA LA!)

Thank you, thankyouverymuch. :cool:

Oby, I'm a born and bred New Zealander (though more than half Scottish by ancestry, as it happens). We have a version of The Welly Song called 'The Gumboot Song'. I don't know which version came first!

beanie or no beanie - love the man. Whatever makes him comfortable is fine with me

of course I would like to know if he wears it private or if its just a public thing......:wink:

i love him no matter what too. for sure his beanie has become his trademark, as sunglasses are bono's, but i see bono without sunglasses more often than the Edge without his precious Beanie. I know he always wears a black one, but is it always the same one? what if he has like, 5 different black ones? tehehe that would be interesting.

Bin the beanie and bring back the cowboy hat he wore during electrical storm. Yumy.:yes:

I wan't him to bring back the cowboy hat. I think i'm going to cry if he dosen't bring it back soon :tsk: :sad: I've waited since the last tour and still no cowboy hat :(

tuwie said:
I know he always wears a black one, but is it always the same one? what if he has like, 5 different black ones? tehehe that would be interesting.

I've never thought about that. Now I'm going to be obsessed thinking about how many beanies he has. Hey, I wonder if he has a special drawer or spot in his closet just for beanies...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom