Big photo of Bono on his Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
longingforBono said:

So you are telling me that if you came across Gavin and Guggi, looking exactly as they do in that photo, with Bono NOT THERE, that you'd appreciate all their talent and creativity and go off with them for a drink or whatever?

Puhleeze.:no:

I would've missed out on the privilege of some really wonderful and fascinating people in my life if I had judged whether I wanted to spend time with them based solely on their looks.

In other words, yes.

BonoFox1 said:
^^ I want to see Breakfast in Pluto!:up:

I've now seen it 14 times -- it was my favorite movie of last year. Yes, I *can* do all the dialog! :wink: I guess that pretty much sums up *my* strangeness level! ha!

See, strange people tend to be my favorites. So much more going on under the surface, you know?

BonoFox1 said:
^^ I want to see Breakfast in Pluto!:up:

Ok what did I miss!! Is this a movie or something??? Details please!!!!

I think they look like a heck of a lot of fun when they're out drinking. I bet the conversation would never be shallow and boring either......drunk or sober.....I never judge people on looks, I always look at the eyes, you can be ugly or 'scary' looking but the eyes tell the truth....

gluey said:

I think they look like a heck of a lot of fun when they're out drinking. I bet the conversation would never be shallow and boring either......drunk or sober.....I never judge people on looks, I always look at the eyes, you can be ugly or 'scary' looking but the eyes tell the truth....

Yeah Gluey Breakfast at Pluto is a movie which stars Gavin Friday..I dont know if it is comedy, drama ect...but I hear it is good....;)

gluey said:

"Breakfast on Pluto" is a movie, yes!!! Go to www.bop.co.uk (spell out breakfastonpluto where bop is...I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put a link here or not. :confused: ) Here's a synopsis: "As foster kid Patrick "Kitten" Braden (Cillian Murphy) grows up, he leaves behind his small-town life in Ireland for London, where he's reborn as a transvestite cabaret singer in the 1960s and 70s." It's a Neil Jordan film and stars Cillian Murphy, Liam Neeson, Stephen Rea, Gavin, Bryan Ferry...just a ton of great people! I keep saying it was one of those movies that hit me right on every level. :wink: Gavin does some songs for it, too.

Okay, BoP shameless promotion now finished. :wink: Oh, yeah, it's a comedy and a drama all rolled into one...so tragic in some places, so funny in others. (I love this movie!!!)

One more thing: After watching this, I don't know how anyone could possibly be scared of Gavin! :)

Last edited:
wish I could see that movie here!!
and btw... about the ugly/we discussion..

most people think the same about Bono... non fans wouldn't want to be caught dead with him... old/ugly whatever..
thing is, it's not all about the outside.. inside, that's what matter!

Guggi's not bad looking at all, actually. He just needs a haircut :wink:
And actually, Gavin would look less scary if he got a haircut, and stopped grinning maniacally at the camera, and really I could've gone a lifetime without seeing him hopping around in the men's room going "MAMA! MAMA! MAMA!" on disc 2 of the Chicago DVD.
Really, I'm sure Gavin is perfectly nice, he's just got an eccentric personality, which he plays up for the cameras (Bono does it too, just differently).

I'm still afraid of Gavin though :reject:

Back
Top Bottom