Best TV performance during the promo for ATYCLB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsMango

War Child
Freer than a bird 'Cause we're rockin' Ohio
What has been your favorite performance that was on TV during the promo for ATYCLB?

I was just watching the tape of the super bowl again last night. Have you read @U2's off the record that was just posted? Everytime I see that performance of MLK and Streets it is an incredible U2 moment! There was probably other moments that were good..but this came to my head first. And the way Adam plays! (he does it all the time, it's just noticable here):drool: It is so sexual! :drool: :drool: I love it. And Larry's sheer shirt? Can't go wrong with that! the whole performance was beyond words really.

I liked Farmclub- Bono looked so PRETTY! :love:

Attachments

• 1farm.jpg
    1farm.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 39
FarmClub, FarmClub!!!
They played a lot of songs, (old and new) and the boys sounded awesome.
Of course the fact that I was part of it and got Bono germs, doesn't influence me.:wink: :drool:
Oh, and what U2kitten said too...Thanks for the beautiful pic! Memories, ahhhhh...

NicaMom said:
FarmClub, FarmClub!!!
They played a lot of songs, (old and new) and the boys sounded awesome.
Of course the fact that I was part of it and got Bono germs, doesn't influence me.:wink: :drool:
Oh, and what U2kitten said too...Thanks for the beautiful pic! Memories, ahhhhh...

Nicamom, as one of the dinosaurs of the forum, I remember that! I was so happy for you guys. It was you and Camilo and ... who else? Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen the full FarmClub performance. But what I saw was very good. I remember not being able to believe U2 was actually going to be on this random cable TV show. ;)

SNL was also quite good. Especially the performance of Elevation. So much energy! Yay!

Mmmmh.....I don't know what this Farmclub-thingy was, but when I read the thread title I had to think on that short performance of BD on the roof of The Clarence. :drool: Yesterday I found an old video tape with that on it and I almost :drool: ed on the remote when seeing Bono walking up and down and watching how Edge played the Explorer and afterwards how Adam played the bass. :drool:

FallingStar said:
Mmmmh.....I don't know what this Farmclub-thingy was, but when I read the thread title I had to think on that short performance of BD on the roof of The Clarence. :drool: Yesterday I found an old video tape with that on it and I almost :drool: ed on the remote when seeing Bono walking up and down and watching how Edge played the Explorer and afterwards how Adam played the bass. :drool:

THAT.. is on the Elevation Boston DVD, is it not?
*digs up a still*

...out of all the stuff here mentioned I've only seen the Superbowl performance... eep.

anyway back to the BD thing... this it?

Attachments

• 9-all.jpg
    9-all.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 23
Kristie said:
THAT.. is on the Elevation Boston DVD, is it not?
*digs up a still*

...out of all the stuff here mentioned I've only seen the Superbowl performance... eep.

anyway back to the BD thing... this it?

Yeah, the still is from that performance. :drool: And Bono looks at Adam's bass......... :drool: ............but I recorded it already last year in summer or autumn, so probably it is on the Boston DVD, but I don't own it...... :D

My vote is for Saturday Night Live...that was the performance that turned me on to the boys....I remember saying to myself "I know who Bono is, I know who Edge is, but damn! :drool: -who is that man behind the drums?" Larry looked awesome that night...I remember being impressed with Adam, but I couldn't stop looking at Larry.

SNL all the way!!

That performance is going to go down as one of the greatest musical performances (if not, then THE greatest) in that show's history.

I loved the way the crowd went nuts and how the whole cast of SNL and the SNL band cheered Bono on as he swaggered through the back of the studio, jumping on tables and shaking hands as he made his way back to the stage.

:bono:*come on baby, light my fire*:bono:

:yes:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Farmclub did indeed rock.

But, AdamsMango, I just have to say to you: I love
a) your name
and
b) your signature
:)

thanks!! this quote:
"I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates"
-Adam Clayton, on what he does for a living.
is so true if you really watch adam play..he moves up and down and..Oh..getting a little too graphic here! lol I never saw farmclub! SNL was good. That was the best performance that show ever saw I'd agree..But at the super bowl as Bono sand MLK and then Edge came in with the beginning of streets and everyone there was cheering..Wow. That did it for me. I remember being on this super high for along time after I saw that when it originally aired!

Mirrorball Girl said:

Nicamom, as one of the dinosaurs of the forum, I remember that! I was so happy for you guys. It was you and Camilo and ... who else? Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen the full FarmClub performance. But what I saw was very good. I remember not being able to believe U2 was actually going to be on this random cable TV show. ;)

SNL was also quite good. Especially the performance of Elevation. So much energy! Yay!
Yeah MG, it was Camilo(U2LA), Joe(Loafer) and another Joe but I don't remember his handle.:question:
I think the whole two weeks before the concert I had butterflies in my stomach!
I was incredibly excited about seing U2 and so nervous about meeting up with these nice strangers.:)
We had a blast, I will forever be thankful to Loafer for giving me that ticket.:)

Mrs.Clayton said:
My vote is for Saturday Night Live...that was the performance that turned me on to the boys....I remember saying to myself "I know who Bono is, I know who Edge is, but damn! :drool: -who is that man behind the drums?" Larry looked awesome that night...I remember being impressed with Adam, but I couldn't stop looking at Larry.

Ah, yes. Larry Boy was magnificent..and hot. :drool: Was he drumming for his life, or what???

That performance by the band was the best. I :heart: it! They were so good, except for Bono's "Woohoo!" parts, where he seemed to be having a bit of difficulty. :D

Farmclub was very good and they were gorgeous! I never saw that until it was repeated after the tour started though. I have a special place in my heart for the VH-1 Awards, because I remember sitting there on the edge of my seat, anxious to see Bono, wondering what he'd look like. When he walked in and I saw he had grown his beautiful hair, I was floating on cloud 9! Yes Yes Yes! You could've peeled me off the ceiling! I loved the performance and it was so good to see them back in circulation. SNL was nice too but his voice was better in the others. I didn't see the NYC or London promo shows but I heard them on the radio and have a tape of the NYC one.

Back
Top Bottom