Best elevation tour version of WOWY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which Elevation show did you see??
Whichever show in Boston that was taped for the DVD, when Bono pulled the girl on stage....that version would be nice to have.....

Mrs.Clayton said:
Which Elevation show did you see??
Whichever show in Boston that was taped for the DVD, when Bono pulled the girl on stage....that version would be nice to have.....

I saw a lot of Elevation shows but only 2 first leg shows then it was all second leg shows!

and the DVD version is not in the competition so to speak even if it?s a great version but obviously I have it!..:)

I want your favorites!!

WIthout a doubt or moment's hesitation I say New Jersey 2 when Bono cries out for Gavin and Guggi and the crowd SOARS up with the ooh-hooos as he sings "shine like stars"

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I soar with them when I hear this!!

oliveu2cm said:
WIthout a doubt or moment's hesitation I say New Jersey 2 when Bono cries out for Gavin and Guggi and the crowd SOARS up with the ooh-hooos as he sings "shine like stars"

I agree with Olive!!! New Jersey 2 , with the "Shine Like Stars" bit is amazing... I think the best I've ever heard. I would go with this one.

I don't know of any specific versions from Elevation, but I have an mp3 of like the best WOWY I've ever heard......EVER. The "shine like stars" gets me EVERY time. Beautiful feckin' top.

oktobergirl said:

I agree with Olive!!! New Jersey 2 , with the "Shine Like Stars" bit is amazing... I think the best I've ever heard. I would go with this one.

yes I'm so adament about it! it gives me shiiivers to hear it!! I wonder if I can upload it to this new forum? :huh:

I recently heard an amazing one from the Zoo era in london.. it comes a little close but .. :love: NJ2 is really the best I ever heard!

/gushing LOL

aww it won't let me attach it. :(

oliveu2cm said:

yes I'm so adament about it! it gives me shiiivers to hear it!! I wonder if I can upload it to this new forum? :huh:

I recently heard an amazing one from the Zoo era in london.. it comes a little close but .. :love: NJ2 is really the best I ever heard!

/gushing LOL

aww it won't let me attach it. :(

Could you send it to me by email???

Jacobsson@sundsvall.nu

:)

Could the NJ2 be on New Media? Has anyone tried to find it yet?

Olive, I used to have that London Zoo boot! (until my lame ass dorm roommate stole it from me and claimed she didn't) That version is awesome too. I'll try to find it again....

GOOD CALL, olive!!! that version of WOWY from NJ 6/22 is amazing!!! after calling out for Gavin and Guggi, he does the "shine like stars" verse TWICE, but the second time he improvises some new lyrics- i can't understand what he says! *wishes for earpiece recording* i was at that show, and it's a wonderful version from the Elevation tour.

you can download the entire NJ 6/22 show at www.u2audio.com- just follow this link:

http://toursounds.u2audio.com/20010622/

enjoy!!! :)

I was at the 6-22 show... Absolutely amazing. Of course, it was my first U2 concert, so it was going to be absolutely amazing either way. But the band was really on the top of their game.

I have the whole entire show (22 songs I believe) downloaded on a computer that's currently a state away. I'd be able to send you the WOWY one in mp3 format this weekend. Hotmail is crap though, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to send you by e-mail... But I have a cable connection, and Instant Messenger, it would take a matter of minutes.

The rm format is basically the same thing, so I'd recommend using Ally's link.

Yes, WOWY from 6-22 was simply transcendental.
By far the best WOWY of the 22 shows I went to.

WOWY from 8-20 was also amazing. It was the show the day after Bono's father died. Bono could hardly sing, and at one point simply knelt down and grabbed his head with his two hands out of sheer pain. It was incredibly poignant,.

oliveu2cm said:

I would have to agree wholeheartedly with this! I could gush like everyone else...but a song that makes me cry everytime I hear it speaks for itself really...

Back
Top Bottom