Best book about U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
most people would say "U2 at the End of the World" by bill flanagan. i know i liked it.
smile.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 01-14-2002).]

I like The Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Durphy. (sp.) It tells their entire life stories up until the JT era. It goes into a lot of interesting detail of their early lives. I think this one should be read first and @TEOTW as a sequel because it begins in the AB era. There needs to be a new book of their entire story, and I want to write it!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Is there a Rattle n' Hum book?? I remember reading something like that in high school. It was really good. I was already a fan of the music, and I thought that Bono was a sexy guy, but that made me want to know more about the band itself.

There is an excerpt of Bill Flanagan's book on Amazon and it seems really good. But as U2kitten said maybe I should start by the beginning!!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Is there a Rattle n' Hum book?? I remember reading something like that in high school. It was really good. I was already a fan of the music, and I thought that Bono was a sexy guy, but that made me want to know more about the band itself.

yep, there is a RH book. amazon.com has it for sale.

I adored the Carter Alan book - "Outside is America" - read it 3 times! Became pen pals with Carter for awhile and he was a great guy.

The Flanagan book is perfection. Absolute A+!
biggrin.gif

Also, - the BP Fallon book is excellent. Lots of grrreeeaaattt piccies of our beautiful boys!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

The Flanagan book is perfection. Absolute A+!
biggrin.gif

Also, - the BP Fallon book is excellent. Lots of grrreeeaaattt piccies of our beautiful boys!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

The Flanagan book is great, I read it in record time. I could not put it down. I thought BP's book was okay, I enjoyed the pictures more than his book. I read it right after Flanagan's book and got irritated at BP, so I was kinda annoyed while I was reading BP's book.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

The Flanagan book is great, I read it in record time. I could not put it down. I thought BP's book was okay, I enjoyed the pictures more than his book. I read it right after Flanagan's book and got irritated at BP, so I was kinda annoyed while I was reading BP's book.

I totally see what you mean about BP's book! It's hard to compare the amazing stories of Flanagan's book against the titillating (sp?) piccies of the BP book! argh!
I say - get them all, girlies!
wink.gif
Or.. put them on your Amazon.com Wishlist and let someone else buy it for ya!!
wink.gif

I would definately go with "U2 at the End of the World." You won't be able to put it down and it reads more like a story than a biography. I really like Bill Flannigan's writing.

As someone else mentioned ,I think the best part about the B.P. Fallon book is the awesome pictures.

I have heard from other lists and fans that the Unforgettable Fire book contains many errors..I read it and it was ok but I don't know how much I can trust it. I actually have a review from Niall Stokes (I think that is his name) saying how bad that book is.

If you have to choose one, I would go w/ At the End of the World..

well it says it all in the title! What is the best book to buy about U2??

Thank you for the info!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Back
Top Bottom