Ben Stiller Show- Bono impersonation (video)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
welcome

your welcome. Dunno why the first link doesn't work for some. Worked for me. Ah well. Technology, eh?;)

4300f6c4.jpg

2f512442.jpg

:laugh:

Is it wrong of me to laugh at this? Poor Bono.

This is dating myself, but I can remember watching this on TV and feeling offended on his behalf. And yet I couldn't stop laughing.

Thanks for posting the link.

miss becky said:
:laugh:

Is it wrong of me to laugh at this? Poor Bono.

This is dating myself, but I can remember watching this on TV and feeling offended on his behalf. And yet I couldn't stop laughing.

Thanks for posting the link.

You know what? I bet Bono would get a kick out of that! Many people seem to think of Bono as someone who takes himself so seriously but I don't. I love when Bono talks about his Messianic complex and being a 'spoilt brat rock star'. he's so cool!:cool:

Have you guys read U2: At the End of the World by Bill Flannagan? There's a part in it where Bono mentions the Ben Stiller impersonation thingy with Edge.

Edge was hanging out with Ben Stiller that evening, and Bono says, once Edge has returned, to tell Ben to stop making fun of him...but he's being totally silly when he says it. Not serious at all.

I'd quote it all here for you now, but I can't be arsed to pull out the book and look for it. :yawn:

Billie Midol said:

The Lucky Charms commercial!! OMG!:lmao: Andy Dick as Adam Clayton!:lmao:
I used to think I was the only person who watched the Ben Stiller show when it was on. I want all the episodes where Ben Stiller was Bono!:D

These are from the DVD of the shows.

Billie Midol said:

You know what? I bet Bono would get a kick out of that! Many people seem to think of Bono as someone who takes himself so seriously but I don't. I love when Bono talks about his Messianic complex and being a 'spoilt brat rock star'. he's so cool!:cool:

This is true. He would probably find it very funny. I just remember the shows aired when I was in my first flush of Bonolove, and I got all defensive on his behalf.

Silly me. :)

Thank you for these pictures, U2Granny! They are bringing back some great memories. :)

miss becky said:

This is true. He would probably find it very funny. I just remember the shows aired when I was in my first flush of Bonolove, and I got all defensive on his behalf.

Silly me. :)

I understand because I sometimes get that way when guys say mean things about Bono because they are jealous of him ...

The impersonation is too dead on to be just a casual fan
Comedy Central sometimes runs repeats of the Ben Stiller Show - they have at least twice this year so there is alway a chance of catching it

I have these shows on DVD - got them just for the U2 bits. ;)

And it's clear Stiller is a fan - remember, he used ALL of "All I Want Is You" in his movie "Reality Bites". To play the entire song in the film is impressive.

Of course, that movie also starred Winono Ryder, who is also a huge fan of U2. She seems to have little U2 clips in her movies as well (like "Sweetest Thing" in "Mr. Deeds").

Last edited:
Oh man I want to see more of this. I have the "One" parody, but his video really shows how much Stiller knows about U2. Clever stuff! :wink:

Funny stuff. Seeing Andy Dick as Adam alone makes it funny as heck.

I think the shows are on DVD now actually. Should get it one of these days. And yeah, there's usually reruns on Comedy Central too.

Back
Top Bottom