Before PLEBA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What did you guys do before PLEBA?

Where did you hang out?

What was life like????
eek.gif

Before I joined this forum I was almost U2iliterate and knew practically nobody that liked U2. I cant imagine life without it.

togo1.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

errrrmmm...was there a time before PLEBA? I don't recall.......*glazed over look*

------------------
To all accusations of being pretentious; guilty, your honor..."

[This message has been edited by iamshazza (edited 12-06-2001).]

Since I am new it's a little easier to say what I did...obsessed BY MYSELF about U2, but I'm so glad I've found other people to help feed my addiction! LOL, love you all!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Before PLEBA, I had PLEBA going on in my head.
I'd just make up little jokes by myself, write little storied...but I had no one to share them with who would get them.
Awwww....you guys rule!
*sniff*
-Bluey

Geez, I don't even remember.

I sure didn't know too much about U2, that's one thing I know. Can you believe that at one point, I only knew Bono's name?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege --97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

EEP...before PLEBA...I was, well, I still am, apart of a forum for R.E.M. (and many of them HATE Bono, don't worry, I told them a U2 story from my last concert experience that kinda set them straight)...so it I was engrossed in a forum, 'cept it wasn't for U2...then I found the wonderful world of PLEBA! YAY!

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

Sweet shazam- without Interference I think I would have spontaneously combusted. My obsession was raging, people, and I had no outlet for it. Till one day, I stopped by this lovely forum and found that I wasn't alone. Seriously, tis great here!

Before PLEBA........ em........ well, I made all my friends hate U2. I would talk about them and want to listen to them all the time, that even my best friend (who introduced me to them) started to hate them. I mean, she has her obsessions which I have to hear about, so why shouldn't she have to hear about mine, right? I guess I probably went a little overboard, but oh well. Well.... since I've joined PLEBA, it's been much better. I don't have to talk about them so much (just think about them) around my friends, because I've got you guys!!! This place is the best!!! Love you all!

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

I remember a time before PLEBA...

It was always dark and cold, and we all lived in caves. We sat around the fire every night and listened to the myths of this mysterious Irish clan who had taken over the world....

But it got too cold in the caves, so we split up all over the world, built houses, and sat at computers every night to talk about U2.....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

See.... I was an obsessed insane fan 14 years ago. But, there really was no internet.. and the only way me and my best friend saw or heard about U2 was TV or the radio. GOD how boring that must have been when I think back.

Jeez now its like, they could go to the bathroom and will we hear about it 10 minutes later. Hehehhe!

I love the internet!!!

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
See.... I was an obsessed insane fan 14 years ago. But, there really was no internet.. and the only way me and my best friend saw or heard about U2 was TV or the radio. GOD how boring that must have been when I think back.

Jeez now its like, they could go to the bathroom and will we hear about it 10 minutes later. Hehehhe!

I love the internet!!!
very true SG! I was thinking the other day what my U2 'downtime' will be like this time around.

*I define 'downtime' as the time between U2 records and tours.*

Hopefully, it won't be as bad as before with you guys around!
smile.gif

------------------
Whatever the deal
she won't let me down...
Wherever I go she's always hanging 'round..."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
I remember a time before PLEBA...

It was always dark and cold, and we all lived in caves.
*thinks of Bono in a caveman loincloth*

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

before PLEBA, I would have to say that I did not spend as much time on the internet reading about U2, I would basically use the internet for shopping for clothes..now, I am shopping for U2 imports and books...PLEBA has made me even more of a U2addict...I also have to have PLEBA up at work (it helps me deal with angry clients)...and as a side note, I am sure my co-workers could do without my U2 obession...It is always nice to see there are other fans out their who have the same feelings and crazy thoughts as I do...
wink.gif

What did you do before PLEBA?

Corrected everyone's pronunciation of "BOW-no"

Where did you hang out?

That mountain on Mars that looks like a face.

What was life like????

Like an Atari game...only with better graphics.

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Sting, you know I love you but you got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll." -Bono

"We're a gay home appliance/automation couple!!" - ScottPhisto

"Just because he's 40, bald and has five kids doesn't mean he's not adorable!"
- Me, before a LONG silence

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Before PLEBA I used to be part of a mailing list for BONO and Larry! LOL Still got the drooling pics.. the but naked Bono pics!
biggrin.gif

And I hanged out and still do at this message board... rambling about U2...making people aware of them... and converting them!
biggrin.gif
A year later of knowing these folks who I've become extremely close to... on that board 8 of them Own ATYLB... others have graduated to AB, JT, Best of, and POP! LOL I still continue to work my magic there!
smile.gif

Glad I found Interference! Its like WOAH! So addicting! DAMN IT! LOL

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

there was life before PLEBA?...

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

*stares off into space*

*racks brain*

*stares off some more*

Before PLEBA?? You mean, there was a time before PLEBA? Um...oh yyyyyeahhhh...that was back when I actually HAD a life...back when I used to get out of the house more than once every two or three days instead of my ass being glued to this damn chair nearly for hours on end...gee, guess I know what I've been doing with my time since being laid off...sheesh...

LOL!! I had no life before PLEBA, and now I have even less of a life! But that's okay, I love y'all.

Like a lot of others, I was U2 illiterate and knew no one else who was as much of a fanatic as I was. I'm soooooooo glad I found you guys. *sniff* I love you, man!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Larry Mullen Jr.'s Harley Club: The motors are loud for a reason. :D

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

I worked a lot of overtime.
I racked up large bills at Amazon, Powells, and other fine online booksellers.

Livin' la vida PLEBA is a lot better!
biggrin.gif

------------------
...Edge is not of our planet, Larry is a warrior, Adam has seen things that we may never dream of and whatever you do, don't get in a car with Bono.

--Danny Eccleston, from the Elevation tour book

Back
Top Bottom