Because I can't NOT share this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
If you do see a Bono's hair thread, and you think it shouldn't be an issue, the worst thing you can do is respond to say so, because it only bumps it and gives it new life! :uhoh: :laugh:

:shrug: ;)

I don't care if this has life and goes on for 20 pages. I was just curious as to people's justifications for making such an odd argument.

Carry on.

My husband is 42 and has never dyed his hair and it's as brown as it was the day I met him. My hair started going gray several years ago, and I dye it, but I have a hard time matching the original shade and get some strange unintended colors. But anything is better than gray! Bono is dyeing for sure. Good for him:up:

Moonlit_Angel said:
And apparently it wasn't enough to discuss just his hair-oh, no, we got into a discussion on the rest of his family's hair colors as well! :laugh:!

...think Ali dyes hers as well? :reject:

If I could dye my hair, it would be to her color. I love evenly dark brown hair.

Of course Ali dyes her hair. Look at early pictures of her, in high school and early in her marriage. It's brown, not black. She looked nice then, but she looks even better now. She's found a look that really works for her. It's more dramatic, and emphasizes her pale skin. And it's often been noted that she and her husband try to mesh their looks in terms of hair length and hair colour. That's one of the reasons they look so good together.

Seabird said:
My husband is 42 and has never dyed his hair and it's as brown as it was the day I met him. My hair started going gray several years ago, and I dye it, but I have a hard time matching the original shade and get some strange unintended colors. But anything is better than gray! Bono is dyeing for sure. Good for him:up:

Same here. Hubby's going to be The Big Four-Oh next month, and he's fretting about that, yet he's still got all dark brown hair and almost no wrinkles. Me, I started going grey in high school, and am about 60% grey now at 35! (Thanks for the hair, Dad. :eyebrow: )

And it is true about dyes giving a reddish cast when grey hairs don't absorb it properly. Fortunately, slightly reddish brown looks good on me. ;)

souLnation2002 said:
It's only in PLEBA where you can have a four page discussion on Bono's hair. :laugh:

:D

I was just comming to this thread to say that...ha ha ha.. a naked bono thread wouldn't catch this much attention...:lmao: .....or would it now.... :scratch: :drool: kidding......:wink:

Northeast said:

I was just comming to this thread to say that...ha ha ha.. a naked bono thread wouldn't catch this much attention...:lmao: .....or would it now.... :scratch: :drool: kidding......:wink:

Attention....yes.....controversy.....maybe not. I think that's the word you're looking for!

Keocmb said:

I don't care if this has life and goes on for 20 pages. I was just curious as to people's justifications for making such an odd argument.

Carry on.

Well, if you want an honest answer, there is something magnetic about Bono's hair that brings out some kind of reaction or obsessionin everyone, and Dot and I are, by our own admission, geeks with nothing better to do! :lmao:

PaleBlueDot said:
Correction...I asked someone ELSE who knows him, and she has known him for a long time, and she reckons it's been pretty red for as long as she's known him. By that she mean brown with red tones -- auburn, she says. She thinks that in cases where the red has not shown up, it's just bad film.

But, she says even in the 80's it could have been just red highlights, lol. All she's saying is, she's been seeing the red for as long as she's known him...which is pretty much since they first came to America.

Edited to add: Um...in case you're wondering, I only know 2 people who know bono lol. Not like, a million. No, I've never met him but I hear he is a nice fella. ;)

I believe you because I am a redhead of Irish descent (how unusual!LOL!) and most shades of red hair ,from strawberry blonde all the way to dark auburn usually fade as you get older. I have always thought Bono's natural color was in the red family but more of a chestnut color. He has always had beautiful hair and I agree that in some pictures red hair does not photograph as red (believe me,I have pictures of myself where my hair did not look red even though it was). Bono is just gray now (I am,too) and is using haircolor to restore his hair to it's natural color. I think he looks better with this lighter color at this point in time ...:wink:

Last edited:
I went to Ireland four years ago and I hardly saw any redheads. I think the red hair is a Scottish thing. Most of the Irish I saw had either dark brown hair or blonde.

Last edited:
Green Light 711 said:
My great grandfather was Irish and he had black hair and blue eyes. He told me black hair and blue eyes was an Irish thing. I don't think all Irish people are redheaded any more than all Swedes are blond. It's just a stereotype. They could have any color.

Who said ALL Irish people are redheaded? Redheads are freaks of nature and are in a lot of countries.

My grandmother from Ireland had black hair and blue eyes .I also have redheaded,brunette and blonde relatives from Ireland..

Bottom line...most of us are a blend of many nationalities. In other words we are all MUTTS! LMAO!!!:wink: :D

Pearl said:
I went to Ireland four years ago and I hardly saw any redheads. I think the red hair is a Scottish thing. Most of the Irish I saw had either dark brown hair or blonde.

Yeah,well I went to Scotland and I saw a lot of blond people....now, this is very confusing....because I went to Sweden and there were a lot of black people there...and then I came back to America... and no one speaks English! LMAO!!!

Hmmm....could it be the pot is melting everywhere?:wink: :yes:

Billie Midol said:
Yeah,well I went to Scotland and I saw a lot of blond people....now, this is very confusing....because I went to Sweden and there were a lot of black people there...and then I came back to America... and no one speaks English! LMAO!!!

Hmmm....could it be the pot is melting everywhere?:wink: :yes:

*Blinks*

It's all so confusing! :huh: :laugh:!

Angela

Sorry, I have to disagree

Sorry for bragging, but when I met him in November, he definitely had grey roots as tho he had died his hair reddish. I can't enclose the photo, but if you want, I can email you it to you.

Re: Sorry, I have to disagree

island girl said:
Sorry for bragging, but when I met him in November, he definitely had grey roots as tho he had died his hair reddish. I can't enclose the photo, but if you want, I can email you it to you.

Do not apologize for bragging about meeting Bono!!! OMG!! Good for you!!! You were close enough to see his roots...awwwwww......:cute:...was he nice? Did he look good in person? Does he smell good? LOL!! :hyper:

I'm sorry to bug you for details but I just had to ask...

*does R&H Bono impression*
"Am I bugging ya?...
I didn't mean to bug ya..." :bono: ;)

Last edited:
Billie Midol said:
In other words we are all MUTTS! LMAO!!!:wink: :D

Hey, not I!!! me = 100% pure Dutch, or at least as far back as the 1600s, which is a far back as my mom can trace. I believe I might be more Dutch than our fellow Interferencers from the motherland herself!

Anyway, not that this post has anything to do with Bono's hair....but Billie, since you ask, Bono does smell quite lovely, at least he did last time I met him. He shook my hand and commented on how cold it felt, and held it for a bit (which was nice considering we'd spent the past 15 hours on the cement in sub-freezing temperatures, overnight). His hands were soft, warm, and slightly moist. For hours after my hands smelled like his lotion. Everytime I sipped my drink I got a fresh whiff. I think he used some cologne and had the same lotion. It was sweet and flowery, yet rich and masculine at the same time. There was none of that annoying alchohol smell like in after shave or cheap cologne.

He was just as good looking in person. He's quite small, and though people keep saying he's getting tubby, the camera truly does add pounds, he looked pretty average. He's just got a nice solid chest, that's all, no beer gut or huge waist. His hair was smoothed back with gel and it was obviously thinning and graying, you could tell it was dyed dark. His stubble was also gray/light brownish.

His eyes were bright and he was really smiley and cheerful. He looks tired-like in all of my pics, but pics hardly do him justice, as he was chatty and friendly each time.

So yeah, there's just a bit of up close and personal detail on our beloved B-man!

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Anyway, not that this post has anything to do with Bono's hair....but Billie, since you ask, Bono does smell quite lovely, at least he did last time I met him. He shook my hand and commented on how cold it felt, and held it for a bit (which was nice considering we'd spent the past 15 hours on the cement in sub-freezing temperatures, overnight). His hands were soft, warm, and slightly moist. For hours after my hands smelled like his lotion. Everytime I sipped my drink I got a fresh whiff. I think he used some cologne and had the same lotion. It was sweet and flowery, yet rich and masculine at the same time. There was none of that annoying alchohol smell like in after shave or cheap cologne.

He was just as good looking in person. He's quite small, and though people keep saying he's getting tubby, the camera truly does add pounds, he looked pretty average. He's just got a nice solid chest, that's all, no beer gut or huge waist. His hair was smoothed back with gel and it was obviously thinning and graying, you could tell it was dyed dark. His stubble was also gray/light brownish.

His eyes were bright and he was really smiley and cheerful. He looks tired-like in all of my pics, but pics hardly do him justice, as he was chatty and friendly each time.

So yeah, there's just a bit of up close and personal detail on our beloved B-man!

:drool:...thank you, LivLuv, for that wonderful image...you lucky little duck, you...

Island girl, yeah, no worries about sharing that you met Bono. :D.

Angela

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Anyway, not that this post has anything to do with Bono's hair....but Billie, since you ask, Bono does smell quite lovely, at least he did last time I met him. He shook my hand and commented on how cold it felt, and held it for a bit (which was nice considering we'd spent the past 15 hours on the cement in sub-freezing temperatures, overnight). His hands were soft, warm, and slightly moist. For hours after my hands smelled like his lotion. Everytime I sipped my drink I got a fresh whiff. I think he used some cologne and had the same lotion. It was sweet and flowery, yet rich and masculine at the same
time. There was none of that annoying alchohol smell like in after shave or cheap cologne.

:sigh: Wow...that sounds just absolutely...wonderful!!! I like how you said you could still smell his lotion on your hand...what a wonderful reminder of your meeting Bono:love:..sounds like it was a nice encounter...:)....that was so awesome of you to share the details!
Thanks ,LLABM !! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom