BE THERE (For Bono - Part 15)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi PLEBA!

We all talk about what it is that we like about U2 - their music, their friendship, their looks, their sense of social awareness, etc.

One thing that I really admire about U2 is their willingness to BE HONEST ABOUT THEIR DEEPEST, DEAREST FEELINGS.:hug:

And there is one obscure little Love song that Bono wrote about 20 years ago which still to this day moves my heart as much as any of U2's more well-known Love songs.

It's entitled "Be There" and I have it on a CD compilation of old U2 outakes. I'm sure that Bono wrote it for Ali.

It has a sincerity and a sweetness about it in the way that it is written and in the way that Bono sings it that will move any woman's heart.:wink:

So, because it is Saturday night and I am feeling a special closeness right now, I offer you these simple yet soul-stirring lyrics of the B-man.

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR BEING THERE FOR ALL OF US. LET US ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU!

:wink:

You don't have to break your heart in two, my love,
You don't have to play a part - It's you I love.
You don't have to hide from yourself
You don't have to be someone else

You don't have to rescue me,
You don't have to watch me drown
You don't have to give to me
All I want is you

Be there, my love
Be there, tonight
Be there, my love
Be there, tonight

You don't have to be the best
You don't have to give me rest
All I want is all you have
Nothing else
Nothing

Be there, my love
Just be there, my love

If you want the whole of me
That's all you'll get
I'll sing this song
I'd give my health - Give it all
You don't have to....

...You don't have to play your little game
If I fall apart
You don't have to work those strings - or do those things
You're enough in my heart....

BEAUTIFUL WORDS AND SENTIMENTS, BONO! TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND GOD'S BLESSINGS FOR YOU ALWAYS!

I've always loved that song. Musically, too, it's gorgeous. I've always believed the reason they never released it is because the lyrics are so personal. (By the way, if you want to hear it, go to the lyrics section of Interference. It's there.)

Back
Top Bottom