Bathing suit suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I need a new bathingsuit, and I want a bikini. But I am running into this horrible problem where ALL of the bikinis in the stores have halter tops!! I cannot wear a halter top bikini, they are uncomfortable for me and don't offer enough coverage. :angry: In my shopping trips I've only found 3 (out of 50+) suits that aren't halter.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a bathing suit that is a CLASSIC BRA TOP? lol! And one that is not a miracle bra? And then, preferably, a pretty suit? :flirt:

thankssssssssss, I have a vacation next month and want something new :cute:
Olive

What about a bandeau (sp?) top? I like those b/c then you can even take off the straps and use it as a strapless bra (wooo frugality!).

oliveu2cm said:
I need a new bathingsuit, and I want a bikini. But I am running into this horrible problem where ALL of the bikinis in the stores have halter tops!! I cannot wear a halter top bikini, they are uncomfortable for me and don't offer enough coverage. :angry: In my shopping trips I've only found 3 (out of 50+) suits that aren't halter.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a bathing suit that is a CLASSIC BRA TOP? lol! And one that is not a miracle bra? And then, preferably, a pretty suit? :flirt:

thankssssssssss, I have a vacation next month and want something new :cute:
Olive

Funny you should ask - I just bought a new (and my first actually!) bikini yesterday :yes: ... And believe me, I'm usually not a bikini-person, but I'd been thinking about bying one for years and in my mind I knew exactly what it should look like... but could I find it anywhere?! No... not until yesterday! :D

The one I bought was from "Arena" :cool: , but I also tried one from "Adidas" that was very similar in the model - both of them has a classical bra ("Arena") or still-classic-but-more-sports-like bra ("Adidas") tops and mini-shorts as pants (you know what I mean?!)... I've seen other bikinis like this from brands like "Firefly" and other "surfer-brands", so my best advice is that you check out the nearest sports- or surfer-store!

Let us know what you find! :wave:

ooo sales are good! :wink:

I've never tried the bandeau top - I like doubling it as a strapless bra! :lol: I'm only afraid it would slip off or scrunch up on the beach. :ohmy: but I've never tried them on so I dont know. I'll def. keep those in mind, as well as the sporty/surfer ones!

thanks ladies! :wink:

Do you know if you have an H&M near you?

They have great mix and match pieces, of almost an style you can imagine. If you can find a store, you can probably find a bikini top that's just right. I've gotten my swimsuits there the past couple of years, and I adore them. The prices are good, too!

oliveu2cm said:

I've never tried the bandeau top - I like doubling it as a strapless bra! :lol: I'm only afraid it would slip off or scrunch up on the beach. :ohmy: but I've never tried them on so I dont know.

They usually come with straps that you can remove or change around, like if you wanted it to cross in the back or use one as a halter and hook it only in front. So it'd be like a "bra" top but straight across.

Last time I went shopping for a strapless bra, I almost bought a bandeau suit top b/c they were cheaper.

ylimeU2 said:
Do you know if you have an H&M near you?

They have great mix and match pieces, of almost an style you can imagine. If you can find a store, you can probably find a bikini top that's just right. I've gotten my swimsuits there the past couple of years, and I adore them. The prices are good, too!

Do you have H&M in the U.S.?! :confused: How long did you have that - I thought they only had stores in Europe... :scratch:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

They usually come with straps that you can remove or change around, like if you wanted it to cross in the back or use one as a halter and hook it only in front. So it'd be like a "bra" top but straight across.

Last time I went shopping for a strapless bra, I almost bought a bandeau suit top b/c they were cheaper.

Oh awesome! I really can't wait to try one on now! :D

yes, we have H&M in the US. I think we've had one near me for at least two years. I forgot they have bathingsuits! :up:

Back
Top Bottom