Banners made here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis?

Actually I dont know what Elvis's 'rules' are exactly about size of the images.. but it says they're supposed to be 150x200 pixals in size.. and no stacking images.

If thats true then most of the people's sig pics in this thread are too big.

Re: Elvis?

Sicy said:
Actually I dont know what Elvis's 'rules' are exactly about size of the images.. but it says they're supposed to be 150x200 pixals in size.. and no stacking images.

If thats true then most of the people's sig pics in this thread are too big.

150 pixels wide
200 pixels high
LESS than 30kbs

Thats a good guideline.

Speaking from experience as someone with a very slow computer and even slower modem, I just want to say that the only sig that bothers me is one that is still here- Naya's! It still locks up my computer and makes my mouse icon disappear. There were 2 more but they're gone now. I have no problem loading bigger pics in sigs, or any of the animated gifs Bonochick or Rainbow made. The ones that bother me are the high resolution, flashing moving ones. I really did enjoy everyone's sigs and hate to see them shrunk or taken down. Some were beautiful. No matter how slow my computer was, it was just the weird ones that got to me, size had nothing to do with it. Just wanted to say that.

Desire4Bono said:
Speaking from experience as someone with a very slow computer and even slower modem, I just want to say that the only sig that bothers me is one that is still here- Naya's! It still locks up my computer and makes my mouse icon disappear. There were 2 more but they're gone now. I have no problem loading bigger pics in sigs, or any of the animated gifs Bonochick or Rainbow made. The ones that bother me are the high resolution, flashing moving ones. I really did enjoy everyone's sigs and hate to see them shrunk or taken down. Some were beautiful. No matter how slow my computer was, it was just the weird ones that got to me, size had nothing to do with it. Just wanted to say that.

:huh: Time to upgrade! :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

SweetOnU2 said:

:huh: Time to upgrade! :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

*lol*!!!!!!

Come on now, not all of us have the money to do that! :D

Last night, Dad wanted to use his computer with the cable modem, so I gave it up...he's always so good about lettin' me use it...and I used the almost 5 year old Gateway in my room with a 56K dial-up, 200 mhz processor, and 32 MB RAM. :silent: *lol*

My computer is not crap or anything, it was brand new in Sept. 2000 and it's been good. I do have 56K and we live out on a semi-boondocks road where no DSL is available. My slowness problem could be the memory is all used up by too many U2 pics, now that couldn't be could it?;) Others who use this computer have uploaded tons of mp3's and programs so that doesn't help either.

OMG-ur daughter is so sweet and efficent at these pics!!!!!

wooooooooow ooooooh love this :heart:

laramullen.gif

Lara Mullen~

I know it's not the same, but if you want to use that banner, mayhaps you could use a smaller version:

33499%3B%3A723232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C26%3A7569ot1lsi

The text is hard to read though...:slant:

That looks good Bonochick!

Y'all think some people have big sigs, you should see Tarik's- he's got this huge flag, plus 2 big moving gifs stacked! :huh:

sorry but if we all have to shrink he shouldn't get away with it, right?

Tabby~

I understand your concern and agree. I have PM'ed several people about their sigs and offered them alternatives. So far, every single person has responded positively and has cooperated, which is greatly appreciated! I will continue to be PM'ing people, but I like to come up with an alternate image for them first before I do so (I like to have something else to offer), so it takes me awhile sometimes. :)

This has been a concern of mine lately, so.....

***PLEASE NOTE***

When I edit sig images and PM them to people, feel free to link the URL's I send you (Snapfish for still images, my space at the college for gifs). However...if these pics are important to you, I am encouraging you to back them up somewhere else...I'm not making any copies on my hard drive and would feel terrible if something happened to my accounts that would cause you to lose your images.

Thanks! :)

Alright.. I'm an idiot. I thought I read in the other thread that I could have pretty much any size (if it's reasonable) if I'm posting from a website. Which I do, so... is mine ok??? blaaaahhghg I can't find it in that thread, sorry.

mocool~

For sigs, we still want to keep them smaller because of faster loading time...too many large sigs bog down the board for many people.

As for the size of yours...I let it fully load, and went to check the kilobytes, and it says not available...:huh:...usually it only says that when it's not fully loaded! *lol* So.........I am not sure on yours...let me try to find out....

Haha, thanks BC! And thanks again for doing all this- you are one cool dude. :cool: (like that).

Sicy im one smart cookie i was gonna use it in my muse forum :)

Sicy said:

Its too big. :slant:

oh oh i know i know Sicy- im a good interference type & wasnt gonna use it in my sig but oooooooh thank you BC for making it little for me :up: I had plans for the big one for the muse forum that my friend owns oooh i love these :cool: thanks again! :)

Lara Mullen said:
OMG-ur daughter is so sweet and efficent at these pics!!!!!

wooooooooow ooooooh love this :heart:

laramullen.gif

Thanks, and she says thanks too! :)

If anyone else still wants one she'll gladly make them, if Bonochick doesn't mind shrinking them!

Back
Top Bottom