Bad day...I got laid off from work today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It's the end of an era...today, after working at the same company for 10 years, I was laid off (or, as they like to call it now, "optimized"! WTF does that mean???)

I sort of knew it was coming, but it's different when it happens. I'm not all that upset--yet--cos I got a good severance package, but still...what will I have to get up in the morning for? What will keep me occupied during the day? I fear for myself, because I know how I am (lazy!).

I need some Pleba lovin...hug me, hold me, tell me it'll be okay...
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'm feeling a little blue (and it'll get bluer as time goes on, I'm afraid).

WAAH.

disco

Ahh, don?t let them win Disco! OK this is a sad day that?s for sure, but it is also sure that there will be some good times coming round! Just don?t panic now and every little thing will work out right!
smile.gif

Don?t be afraid
Not of them

Don?t let yourself go
everybody hurts...sometimes

------------------
beLIEve

Oh, I'm so sorry Disco!
frown.gif
I'm glad you have severence pay. Optimized is a 'nice' way to say they are getting rid of people because they are too friggin TIGHT to pay them. I'm sure as a result someone there will end up doing the work of several. I hope you will find a new job when you're ready. What can you do when you get up in the morning? Well, to start with, you won't have to rush around. You won't have to start your car and get stuck in traffic. And you really won't have to do anything you don't want to do. SOOO.....get online and spend more time on PLEBA!! Or surf the net for other cool stuff! Look at is as a 'vacation!' Here are some Edge pics for you!
1E86056.jpg

TU56466.jpg

TA67109.jpg

pd83784.jpg

(((((((HUGS FOR DISCO))))))))

Hey disco, that really really sucks... I dont know the weather where you live, but if you have a lust for revenge, here are a couple ways to take the paint off your boss' car:

1. (only if its hot out). Crack open a couple of eggs on the hood and/or roof. Leave in the sun until they get semi-cooked, once you crack em, leave. The oil in them, when they start to cook, gets under the paint and when he/she scrapes them off the paint will go with.

2. Even if its not hot, bologna has SO much oil in it that if left on a car for 3 hours, it will remove the paint when the bologna is removed. Nice big circle 'o' paint removed.

Both of those work best on a nice hot day though.

Some other things you can do, is to put some mayo in a condom, not too much, just a little, and put it near a radiator for several hours. Seal the puppy up, so that your car and house dont reek. Then go and stick that sucker on his side mirror, or on the hood. Or right outside the car door so that he/she steps on it.

In case you arent a vindictive person, I send you my sincerest condolences, and hope that you find a new job & success soon.

------------------

No-one cries like a mother cries / For Peace on earth

Originally posted by U2Kitten:

1E86056.jpg

TU56466.jpg

Oh Disco! So sorry to hear this.

Those first two pics are enough to get me back in bed in the morning!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Sorry to hear this Disco. Maybe something unexpected and good will come from this, a sort of blessing in disguise.
smile.gif

Awwwwwwwww, Disco! C'mere...
(((((((((((((((((((Disco)))))))))))))))))
Now....
*Bluey walks down to where Disco's boss lives and sets up about 17 amps blasting the George Bush "We Will Rock You" song from Zoo TV at all hours of the day until he relents and makes Disco queen of the world*
Now:
-Take a good bath
- Eat about 7 lbs of chocolate
- Make a couple martinis
- Watch Zoo Tv
- Throw things at the screen
- Prank call everyone you know.
Works for me
-Bluey

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear that Disco!!
frown.gif
We all have awful days and we're here for you...
smile.gif
It'll all get better, I'm sure of it.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Sorry Disco. This may have happened because something better is waiting for you down the road! Just relax and enjoy your time off. Take care!

"Every new beginning comes with some other beginning's end"- the Stereophonics

Good luck.

------------------
~some days are better than others~

Disco! I'm sorry about your job!
But maybe this is one of those things in
life that was meant to happen. You are going to move on to bigger and better things now girl!! Walk on!

Be as positive as you can be girl. You can't do nothing about it so:

Enjoy your free time!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

And prepare for something better. You know is coming sooner or later (Hope sooner than later, LOL )

XOXO
smile.gif

------------------
If you know someone with Bono's nose: Contact me!

(((hugs for disco)))

we love, sweety! some days are better then others, i hope tommorow's a good one!
smile.gif

3325%3A84323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E2323277%3B47896ot1lsi

we all need someone to lean on...
3325%3A84323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E2323277%3B47897ot1lsi

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

(((((((((Disco)))))))))) Aw sweetie, I am so sad for you! I really am. You have been so nice to me, I kind of consider you my PLEBA mom, taking me under your wing and showing me the ropes around here! Cheer up things will get better! Here is a little something to make it worth your while to get up in the morning...or maybe go back to bed
wink.gif
Smile K. it will all be better soon!

Fishy <><

Edgie Wedgie Poo-poo is sad for you too!
vP22525.jpg

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

[This message has been edited by FishNeedsABicycle (edited 10-11-2001).]

(((((Disco)))))

I am so sorry! The economy right now is just stinky.
mad.gif
One thing that I do know is that, as U2 says, the "spirit moves in mysterious ways". This layoff could lead to something better than you could even imagine...

Meanwhile, I think that Edgey is fixing to give you a hug!
biggrin.gif

hM58411.jpg

He wants to cheer you up too!

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

Ah, sorry to hear that Disco!
frown.gif
*HUGS*

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by Ana:

hM58411.jpg

Are those pants clean, I mean:
Look at them, they look dirty !!! yuck
tongue.gif

Please, don't kick my ass for posting this!
biggrin.gif

Dirty jeans...nah.
They're bedazzled!

And don't worry -- I won't kick your ass! The bedazzling is a little hard to see at the angle in the picture!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

Awwwww, Disco, darling...yes, I'm sure that all will be ok...don't be sad...
frown.gif

Here's something for ya:

A993358.jpg

zq65132.jpg

You know, darling, Edgy doesn't want you to be sad......

*Scarlet hugs disco*

------------------
*Scarlet*
THE ROYAL KITE OF LANGUAGE FOR L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

Originally posted by Ana:

hM58411.jpg

Are those pants clean, I mean:
Look at them, they look dirty !!! yuck
tongue.gif

Please, don't kick my ass for posting this!
biggrin.gif

They are totally drowned from sweat.
smile.gif
Maybe that's why they look dirty. The pic is taken after one of the shows in Copenhagen, that was so f**ing hot that everybody looked like that, soaked in sweat.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

THANKS so much for all your well wishes and GORGEOUS pics, girls, that means a lot to me!
smile.gif
So...for the first day after D-day, it's a great day so far...the morning is beautiful: sunn but with lots of fog, love that; I feel fairly peaceful and happy (but of course this is only for today!).
wink.gif

So lately, I've *really* gotten into the MDH soundtrack and the lyrics of another of Bono's brilliant songs, "Stateless" kind of sums up how I've been feeling since being laid off...I'm now sort of "stateless"...I have nowhere to go now...

---
Stateless

I've got no home in this world
Just gravity, luck, and time
I've got no home in this world
Just you, and you are not mine

Ohhh, stateless
Hmm, faithless
Stateless

There are no colors in your eye
There's no sunshine in your sky
There's no race, only the prize
There is no tomorrow, only tonight

Ohhh, stateless
Ohhhhh, it's the difference

You can cover a world with your thoughts
Still so big, so bright, so beautiful

Hmmm, weightless
Stateless

(Ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhh....)
Push down on me
Push down on me
A weight now, a weight, down on me
Your weight down
Be the weight, hard, down on me
Be the heavy hand, the wall of sand
Be the weight, hard, down on me

Stateless
Hmmmm, weightless
Hateless

Hey Disco sorry to hear about your job....((((hugs))))),sounds like you are handling it well though.......
and sorry so late w/ a reply but I was a little busy earlier in the week!!!
wink.gif

((((((Disco)))))))

I'm sorry to hear about your job, but I'm glad that you can still enjoy the day and find solace in U2 songs. Hopefully this will be the first step to bigger and better things! Take care, and keep your chin up!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom