Back Stage or Put Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2_vertigo_brussels_2005_8.jpg

Hmm, one of the easter eggs on the special edition ZooTV Sydney DVD is a timelapse of the stage being set up, the stadium filling, the concert, the stadium emptying, and the stage being dismantled. It's set to Some Days Are Better Than Others.

Also, as I recall, there's a thing on the special edition Vertigo Chicago DVD with the stage being set up. I can't remember if there's a timelapse, or if it's just a bit of footage during the documentary.

The Boston DVD has a time lapse

The U2SHOW book has got a number of photos, as does the Concert chronology book.

I've never seen that Notre Dame photo - that place is absolutley tiny - the tip of the heart and the soundboard are almost connected.

u2fp

I've seen stills of that thing from Elevation with the little dog. There was footage of the band backstage then. Also, I've seen pics of Bono and Ali backstage, but I don't have them uploaded.

Val said:

How cool that would have been to see them so close.

My friend was at that show and apparently it was just too cool for her b/c she peed in her pants during Beautiful Day! :lol:

Liesje said:

My friend was at that show and apparently it was just too cool for her b/c she peed in her pants during Beautiful Day! :lol:

I feel her pain. I wish! lol

If you closely look at the Notre Dame photo you see that the baracade that surround the outer heart and around the soundboard have yet to be put up. I don't think it was possible to get to actually outer tip of the heart that night.

Did any of that make sense?

U2FanPeter said:

I've never seen that Notre Dame photo - that place is absolutley tiny - the tip of the heart and the soundboard are almost connected.

u2fp

It *was* tiny. It's a basketball arena, and the heart barely fit on the floor! Swandiver and I were behind the stage, about half-way up the side, and we were still close enough that we could see Bono spit when he sang. :wink:

It was my first show, and I was so agog that I didn't even remember that they'd opened with "Beautiful Day." HAHA!

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:
The Boston DVD has a time lapse

The U2SHOW book has got a number of photos, as does the Concert chronology book.

u2fp

I was thinking that at the ending of Bad and the beining of Streets, Bono always was at the tip of the heart because it was the closet part of where he was with the people...

Now that he wasn't really with the people did he change his spot?

If I were the stage designer for that show i'd put the soundboard on the side/end of the arena because there is extra space there...

Back
Top Bottom