Austin Elevation!!! My encounter with U2!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
OK ok, it was 3pm, and we were waiting outside behind the venue and we were about to pass out cos of the heat, I was already starting to hallucinate anybody with blonde hair down at the bottom of these steps on the top of this U2ey hill to be Larry. We were all anxious when we saw a Black Lincoln pull up. Out of the back door, pops out Edge...of course seeing who it was we all went mad and rushed down the stairs...I took out my camera, my piece of paper which he autographed, and my Sharpie...and I started taking pictures and he grabbed my piece of paper and signed it, then he went off and we were standing in disbelief that we had met the Edge..

We stood there for another hour and then 3 Black Lincons pull up...We looked at eachother thinking, "are we really this lucky??" So we wait 5 mins and then out of the garage comes out Bono and Larry...Of course the crowd goes mad...I started screaming Larry's name really really really really loud and I started taking pictures and I screamed out as he was coming up the stairs "happy birthday Larry" he turned around and said "thank you"...Now Larry started at the bottom of the stairs and I was way at the top...and next thing I knew Bono was walking up right towards me!!!!! and He looked straight at me, held out his hand and smiled saying "How are you?" All I did was open my mouth in shock, shook his hand, and touched his ring saying a very very weak "HI", then I snapped my camera right in front of his face and he stood there and went down with the other people waiting..

Then Larry started coming up towards me, and I had made a poster that said "Happy belated birthday Larry" as he came up towards me, he stood less than a foot away from me, nobody was in front of me but him, he read my poster, and smiled saying "thank you that's very nice of you", all I did was stand there in shock (yes it seems to be a pattern) and said Thank you....then he stood in front of me for 5 mins signing other things, but nobody was in front of me so I started snapping pics and I turned around so to stand right next to him and took a picture, then he shook my hand and left....

As they were leaving I screamed "thank you Larry' and he turned around and waved.

After all this had happened, I was about to burst out in tears...I could not believe that I met Larry, Bono, and Edge and got their autographs and tons of pictures...it's like a dream come true, and makes me happy
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Then Larry started coming up towards me, and I had made a poster that said "Happy belated birthday Larry" as he came up towards me, he stood less than a foot away from me, nobody was in front of me but him, he read my poster, and smiled saying "thank you that's very nice of you", all I did was stand there in shock (yes it seems to be a pattern) and said Thank you....then he stood in front of me for 5 mins signing other things, but nobody was in front of me so I started snapping pics and I turned around so to stand right next to him and took a picture, then he shook my hand and left....

As they were leaving I screamed "thank you Larry' and he turned around and waved.

OMG!

Congrats!

I would love to meet one of the boys someday! *sigh*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

That is awesome...I have never ever met or been close to any members of U2...I hope that one day I am that lucky...If they come to Atlanta for this extended tour, than maybe I could have a chance?
wink.gif

Anyway, that is a great story.

Rock on girl!!! What an amazing experience.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

WOW! Awesome! Larry man 5 feet away? *faints*

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

Originally posted by Foadie:
WOW! Awesome! Larry man 5 feet away? *faints*

No no not 5 feet away....1 foot away from me, standing right in front of me for *5* mins
biggrin.gif

Oh and my pictures are being developed as we speak
biggrin.gif

------------------

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 11-06-2001).]

I would have thrown up if I was that close.
Notice the icon I used
biggrin.gif
What are they like that close? I mean, I'd assume Larry would be real quiet and laid back, Bono too maybe. Wow, Lucky you.

Awwww..well don't ask me how I controled myself because I still don't know, I mean when he read my poster and he smiled and told me that and stayed that close to me...I was in so much shock I guess lol I dunno...cos later I wanted to cry...but it is amazing how close they get to you...I guess Larry thought I wouldn't be dangerous

------------------

OMG!!! I am so happy for you Mullen-Girl!
I would have probably had a heart-attack if Larry and/or Bono and/or Edge was ONE FOOT AWAY!
smile.gif

I love that he said thank you for saying happy birthday to him! Thats the best thing about U2...they are so humble and not egotistical!
smile.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl
next thing I knew Bono was walking up right towards me!!!!! and He looked straight at me, held out his hand and smiled saying "How are you?" All I did was open my mouth in shock, shook his hand, and touched his ring saying a very very weak "HI", then I snapped my camera right in front of his face

LMFAO, seriously I nearly fell off my chair reading it. You can't say word to the guy, you're only inches away from him but you manage to snap a photo so suddendly "like hi how are you" click.

Was the flash on? Cause if it was then that would explain why poor Bono wears glasses all the time.
icon25.gif

ROTFL I'm so happy I hope I have the same luck.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I would have thrown up if I was that close.
Notice the icon I used
biggrin.gif
lol me too! I get nervous talking to MYSELF. Wait bad example...

OMG My brother is listening to Bono singing "help" awww!

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

that is so great Mullen-Girl! I did see some ppl waiting around the back side of the bldg, I was so close to dehydration and heatstroke that I dared not get so close to the guys for fear of doing something stupid like faint or throw up on them! *eeewwww, what a gross thought*
anyway, i am so glad you got to meet your man upclose & personal!

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

So we do we get to see pictures soon????

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

but it is amazing how close they get to you...I guess Larry thought I wouldn't be dangerous
Same with me, MG! I guess i looked totally innocent or something and Larry was not afraid...Heh heh...If he only knew !!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 11-06-2001).]

Wow that's so cool. Congrats. Don't worry about being in shock. I would probably faint and make a complete fool of myself.
Can we see your Larry pics. pllllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeee.
smile.gif

OMG Mullen-Girl!!! OMG ! i was on the IM w/ april last night when she told me about this but hearin gyou tell it is AWESOME!! that is SO awesome! seriously i was laughing so hard about "i was in shock, a very very weak hello" LOL!! that is EXACTLY what i would do- no matter what dialogue I practice in my head for The Moment.

This is soooo awesome, i'm so happy for you! we waited forever in philly but it wasn't meant to be that day! Please post your pics as soon as you can!!
biggrin.gif
yayy!!

isn't it amazing how awesome these guys are- to say thank you to YOU, i mean they are so grateful, they dont act like they deserve anything. and bono coming right up to you to ask you how you are, and you know he really was interested! sorry rambling... just so great!
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
but it is amazing how close they get to you...I guess Larry thought I wouldn't be dangerous
Same with me, MG! I guess i looked totally innocent or something and Larry was not afraid...Heh heh...If he only knew !!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

lmao yeah if he only knew that I was about to tear away his pants...I was really eying them...believe me if I was gutsy enough...they would disappear lmao
biggrin.gif

------------------

OK GIRLS IT'S THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this is me and Larry, and i'm like so happy (as you can tell) LOL
biggrin.gif
http://www.u2outloud.com/MAgU2k/melarry.jpg

This is how close I was to Larry for the 5 mins
biggrin.gif
I was like drooling madly as you can imagine http://www.u2outloud.com/MAgU2k/larry.jpg

This is Bono after I shook his hand
biggrin.gif
I was really close to him too
http://www.u2outloud.com/MAgU2k/bono.jpg

So girls...What do you think eh?? Lovely aren't they
biggrin.gif

Ok for some weird reason the little x's show up so you'll have to click on the links
------------------

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 11-07-2001).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom