Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
Awesome pics!

I understand, but I think it's so incredible that you got to attend that dinner Kelly. I know you realize that anyway :) Please no one get mad or kill me :wink: , but perhaps sometimes there's too much emphasis on how much time someone might get w/ him, or what kind it is. He's only one man after all w/ too many admirers :D

I LOVE the pen story :cute:

Sting? :huh: :eeklaugh:

No, you're absolutely right :yes: I think I was suffering from a combination of PMS and sleep deprivation :lol:

And it was an amazing event! :hug:

One last pic, this was the hotel lobby - I just thought the picture turned out nice :)

atrium.jpg

Also, I did get to meet some nice u2 fans :wave: and an absolutely gorgeous Irish guy whose name I didn't get :drool: I spoke to him before the dinner and he had the most incredible accent. He looked like a combination of Bono and Pierce Brosnan and sounded like Larry :drool: He said he was an event coordinator who was going to do something regarding Save the Children and Bono was involved somehow (sorry, I don't remember the exact details :reject: ). He was currently living in Atlanta, but had a house nearby Larry in Ireland. Unfortunately, he also had a wedding ring on :grumpy: :laugh:

And I also met a nice guy who was filming for the Travel Channel. He said that they were working on a ten part series of Amercan Cities and this was for the "atlanta" episode, naturally :) He said it wouldn't be on until October though.

Congrats Kelly! :D

It looks like you had a great night, and you got great pics as well :drool::hyper: That zoom camera was a good choice :up::up:

You should send the pen off with my letter, lol. Travelling companions ;)

Bono/PierceBrosnan/Larryvoice guy: :drool::up::D

Great pics kelly! Thanks for sharing them! Sounds like an awesome experience to have been there....
And I love the dude pen sitting on the table!!! :happy:

Kelly! That's so cool that you were there! :dance: I was LMAO at the dude pen on those pics... Maybe you should mail him the pen with one of the pics and a little note with the story. :cute:

Congratulations, Kelly! These pictures are beautiful! I was laughing at the dude pen, too. It looks ENORMOUS next to him which just makes the whole situation funnier. How did he smell? :shifty:

Great experience!

LOL flaming june we posted the same thoughts at the same time, well I was slower than you, lol, anyways you know what I mean~ :D

Cool! You said something to him! I would have fainted first. I'm not surprised that the security people weren't very nice. Sometimes they aren't (no offense to any security people reading this, you're cool!) The pix, are, well..............:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Honey,
These pics are absolutely precious! You are so lucky and please don't feel bad; you were in the same ROOM with him for Pete's sake! I would die for that opportunity!! I love the dude pen; infamous from this day forward!
P.S. Bono looks delish! Just gorgeous!!

U2SJ said:
LOL flaming june we posted the same thoughts at the same time, well I was slower than you, lol, anyways you know what I mean~ :D

Well you know what they say: Great minds... :wink:

great great pics kelly!!! :bow:

don't mail him the pen, he won't receive it, they keep the house private (the bodyguard told me that once in killiney)...

send it to me, i will try to give it to him with the note :up: (i swear i will do all my best!!) but if i can't :sad:, i will mail it back to you...

omg for some reason I am laughing SO HARD at that dude pen in all the pictures!! :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: !!!!!

I'm sorry you weren't able to speak with him! It's hard at events like that- and in general. We all want to be so close. :hug:

Those pictures you got are f:censored:ing gorgeous!

kellyahern said:
This is Bono holding the dude pen and soulnation2002's note (I know its not in the shot, but if you look he's holding out his arm and at the end of it I assure you is Mr.Dude pen and the note :) )

bonobest.jpg

that's the best shot I got :)

This picture is doing bad things to me!!!!! :censored: :macdevil: :flirt: :combust: :hyper: :faint:

(seriously, still laughing @ dude pen in every picture :laugh:)

Way to go Kelly, way to go! :dance: :up: Congratulations on your Bono contact! Awesome pics!

Aww, you guys :hug:

One last word on the dude pen :lol:

One of the ladies that I work with sometimes brings her two year old grandaughter, Hayley, to work and Hayley likes to draw with the dude pen. I was showing the pictures around work today, Hayley takes one look at the photos with the pen on the table and blurts out, "Hey! It's my pen!" :lmao:

Emilie, the pen and souly's note are on their way to Ireland as we speak:). If I can't go to Ireland, at least the inanimate objects can :lol:

:wave:

re: the "sting" comment by the photo lady - don't worry, I quickly corrected her :yes: :up:

Last edited:
Congrats, Kelly! That dude pen is quality :lol:

It reminds me of the Kung fu hamsters Eep gives Bono and Edge everytime she meets them. I even have a pic of John Sampson actually smiling and laughing b/c Eep asked him what happens to all of her kung fu hamsters, lol. Apparently they do keep them and give them to the kids.

Wait, if Emilie can give stuff to Bono.....she should give Bono the Nebraska Cornhusker boxers Lindsay bought but chickened out on handing to Bono (there were little kids around).

bonosloveslave said:
Sorry Kelly, I'm out of the loop - how did you get to go to this thing? And did you have major camera zoom? Your stage pics seem really close :love:

The King Center sold tickets to the event (for $200 :reject: )

And the zoom did help :), plus I knelt in the aisle along with about 20 other people taking pics till the security people told us to move back :lol:

Kung Fu Hamsters :cute:

Back
Top Bottom