At the airport, the ghost of Christmas Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannieco

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay
I posted this because it mentions the real Bono's whereabouts on Monday night, not to give this dude attention.
Bono not in Dublin working on the new album, must be on a long Christmas break.

At the Airport, the Ghost of Christmas Bono

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had the look -- the slicked-back hair, the scruff, the sunglasses at night, the earring. He wore one of those red Gap T-shirts that's supposed to help us save Africa.

And when the crowds at the airport recognized him and started begging for autographs and cellphone pics and hugs, he was just as groovy and agreeable about it as you'd expect.

But no, alas, that was not Bono on Southwest's Flight 1324 from LAX to BWI with a layover in Nashville Monday night.

That was not the world-famous rock-star humanitarian schlepping a guitar case out of baggage claim and waiting for his friend Jerry to pick him up.

The real Bono, we can report, was in New York. And the man at the airport?

"I don't know if he actually claimed to be Bono or if he just let people assume he was," fellow traveler Andrea Solarz said. "I did get an autograph for my niece, but it's just a scribble."

Who is FauxBono? If you know, tell us at reliablesource@washpost.com.

Jeannieco said:
I posted this because it mentions the real Bono's whereabouts on Monday night, not to give this dude attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had the look -- the slicked-back hair, the scruff, the sunglasses at night, the earring. He wore one of those red Gap T-shirts that's supposed to help us save Africa.

And when the crowds at the airport recognized him and started begging for autographs and cellphone pics and hugs, he was just as groovy and agreeable about it as you'd expect.

But no, alas, that was not Bono on Southwest's Flight 1324 from LAX to BWI with a layover in Nashville Monday night.

That was not the world-famous rock-star humanitarian schlepping a guitar case out of baggage claim and waiting for his friend Jerry to pick him up.

"I don't know if he actually claimed to be Bono or if he just let people assume he was," fellow traveler Andrea Solarz said. "I did get an autograph for my niece, but it's just a scribble."

I'm sure Bono has the superhuman ability to be in two places at the same time...I mean, WHAT CAN'T THE MAN DO?

:lol: :lol:

Jeannieco said:

OH NO!!! PLEASE NOT THAT FAKE ((esp. if he was flying from LAX))!!! IM SO:mad: !!!!

I think I have a feeling who this was.... the profile sounds very familiar, especially the part where he lets the crowd believe he's Bono..... :rolleyes:

I AM IN N.Y DAMN IT! I would have known if he was here belive me...I didn't hear anything!

Usually he is on one of the major news programs

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
I think I have a feeling who this was.... the profile sounds very familiar, especially the part where he lets the crowd believe he's Bono..... :rolleyes:

Yep, we all know who it was. Wonder if he signed any autographs with the B-man's name?:mad:

The report asked for input on who the fake Bono might be, so I emailed saying that it was probably you know who. She emailed me back once saying she'd talked to him on the phone and it was definitely him.

Dana

I scanned the original article from the Washington Post, which includes a picture of you know who.

Can anyone explain to me why we cannot use his name here? He is a public figure, he makes a living off of this, and this is his own doing... he has not been dragged in to the public arena as some sort of innocent victim! This is ridiculous!!

And, speaking of ridiculous... "slicked back hair"?!?! Not for about four years now!!! :huh: :tongue:

img002.jpg

I think he actually looks more like Colin Ferral (sp?) than Bono from that angle.

Why can't he just tell people that he's not Bono? That's a little dishonest to let people believe that he is and not say anything. And to even sign autographs!

I love the last bit on that article "The real Bono doesn't spend a lot of time waiting at baggage claim" :lol: Yep, I don't think the real Bono (TM) schlepps a lot of his own luggage these days... :wink:

GracelandHarley said:
Can anyone explain to me why we cannot use his name here? He is a public figure, he makes a living off of this, and this is his own doing... he has not been dragged in to the public arena as some sort of innocent victim! This is ridiculous!!

And, speaking of ridiculous... "slicked back hair"?!?! Not for about four years now!!! :huh: :tongue:
Because we hurt his feelings and he contacted Elvis and cried :|

You know what my theory is? He actually doesn't care about looking like the real Bono. He only cares about looking enough like Bono to fool the average person on the street. The fans are the ones in tune enough with Bono to know that his hair is short and that he never wears the product (RED) t-shirts, etc. But the fans are also the ones who would never fall for this guy. He wants to fool the average people, so he emulates their vague perception of Bono, rather than the real thing.

He's on Getty

Thisis the info supplied with his photo:

" Irish band U2 frontman Bono speaks with
Irish band U2 frontman Bono speaks with one of the organizers of a demonstration of AIDS groups in front of the National Geographic Society where the Puertan Rican government was holding a holiday party in Washington 12 December 2007. The protest was held to pressure the Puerto Rican government into taking immediate action to address the island's escalating AIDS problem, according to Housing Works, a group working to fight HIV/AIDS and homelessness. The group says more than 30,000 people in Puerto Rico ghave HIV/AIDS. AFP PHOTO/Nicholas KAMM (Photo credit should read NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images)"

What bastard :|

GracelandHarley said:
I scanned the original article from the Washington Post, which includes a picture of you know who.

img002.jpg

Whoever this guy is, he has NO life...

I think it's Pavel.
He just thinks he is Bono......:huh:
He does this more, letting people think that he is Bono.
But hey, We know better!:wink:

The saga continues...
They printed an explanation..... sorta.
Check this out...
omg, it says this guy tried to go visit the troops at Walter Reed posing as the B man. The nerve. That irks me to no end....
Pulling a fast one on the injured and sick soldiers? geez...

Bono at BWI Airport?! Well, Sort Of.

We should have figured there was a professional Bono impersonator out there! The FauxBono who drew a crowd and posed for pictures at BWI Monday night was Pavel Sfera , a 42-year-old former property manager turned U2 frontman look-alike. He told us yesterday that for years people noticed his resemblance to the Irish rocker (they've never met); he finally decided to go pro (sunglasses, rosary, guitar, stubble) in 2000. "I make a living -- it's a humble one, but a living," said the Los Angeles-based Sfera, who was in D.C. to schmooze the USO and was trying to get permission to visit troops at Walter Reed.

Oh, and Sfera says he never tries to fool anyone, but half the time, people don't believe him when he says he's not Bono: "It's that willful suspension of disbelief." So he usually doesn't say anything -- just poses for pictures, and signs "Love every day" and "Be happy" when asked for an autograph. "I'm very gracious with people."

^Article she wrote about with picture supplied by a reader that was there (this is from the Reliable Source gossip column in today's Washington Post):

img005.jpg

Where is the : puke: emoticon? And the :ifyoubelievethisIhaveabridgetosellyou: emoticon?

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom