At the airport, the ghost of Christmas Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoFox1 said:

EXACTLY! EWW! I honestly can say that I dislike that guy with a passion. Like people have said though, we know the real Bono (TM)<-----:wink:> from the fake one. We wouldn't be fooled. I just think it's dirty and shameful to put on such a performance. Just my opinion...

Jeannieco said:
^^ Thanks for posting the actual article! :)

I had clipped it and scanned it when I got home from work tonight, and when I got online, I saw you had posted the article. I figured that the picture itself was worth a thousand more (angry) words, so I uploaded and posted the whole thing! :wink:

oh.. don't get me started... on this guy... If I could I would punch him in the nose and maybe somewhere else for that matter.. I live 10 min from bwi, wish I had know cuz I would of gone over there for sure.. :mad:

Jeannieco said:

Oh, and Sfera says he never tries to fool anyone, but half the time, people don't believe him when he says he's not Bono: "It's that willful suspension of disbelief." So he usually doesn't say anything -- just poses for pictures, and signs "Love every day" and "Be happy" when asked for an autograph. "I'm very gracious with people."

:barf::yuck:

:lol: I just wonder what it would be like if one of us met this guy, in a crowd.... if I'd tell everyone that he's not Bono, what would he do? Admit that he's fake, or start telling them I'm lying?

Galeongirl said:

:barf::yuck:

:lol: I just wonder what it would be like if one of us met this guy, in a crowd.... if I'd tell everyone that he's not Bono, what would he do? Admit that he's fake, or start telling them I'm lying?

now that is a interesting theory...:hmm:

This is weird...its not there anymore but just a few weeks back on his site there was a claim that during the Vanity Fair sessions where Bono was slated to be photogd....that Pavel was the stand-in at the NY location for getting all the costuming and lighting ready so that Bono could just walk in and shoot....he also claimed that someone important asked him to leave his rosary behind so Bono would have one to wear, and I paraphrase 'so if you see the pictures of Bono in Vanity Fair with a rosary on, it's my rosary he's wearing'

I dunno, I'm not trying to fan the flames here but that seems like a pretty outlandish claim - is he ok?

:lmao: that's nuts...

WHy would Bono need HIS rosary when he ALWAYS wears his own?

and no, I sincerely doubt his OK-ness.... I'd rather say he's missing something.... it's called brain cells... :rolleyes:

then again, we've got other 'bonos' who blatantly rip off Bono's vocal recordings from U2 albums for their promo (and maybe even for use at shows?) - so nothing surprises me anymore

unbelievable, some people :down:

Rachel D. said:
I think he actually looks more like Colin Ferral (sp?) than Bono from that angle.

I agree. He doesn't even look like Bono to me. I suppose anyone can slap on some shades, say they're Bono, and people will believe them. :wink:

I think his arguement about people not believing him when he says he isn't Bono is pretty convenient. Since he is supposedly making a living with this impersonation gig, it would make a hell of a lot more sense for him to be handing out business cards rather than basking in the perks he gets when people think he's Bono. That lady who owned the diner in Boston that he pulled this stuff on was asked by a reporter (who had filled her in on this guy being a fake) whether or not he paid for his meal and she said no. I'll bet he racks up a lot of free stuff this way. Businesses, especially restaurants will often comp celebs meals in exchange for a photo they can display.

Dana

gabrielvox said:
:wave: rihannsu...not to get off topic but it was nice to meet yuo the other day...turned around and you were gone tho...sorry about that, it was a hectic night..

Yeah, I meant to email you but life has been nuts lately. I had to leave cause I had about a 30 minute drive home and was getting sleepy. The show was really great and the crowd sure was into it. Sounded like everybody was singing along to just about every song. Let me know if you play Orlando again. By the way, what was up with the gig, did they start late and cut your time short? Did you get a chance to go to Universal while you were here?

Dana

U2democrat said:
I'm all for someone cheering up the troops, but I sure hope he includes a disclaimer that he is not the real Bono...otherwise I am utterly disgusted by his behavior.
He doesn't. He lies by omission. When he's pressed as to whether or not he's really Bono, he'll give vague answers like "Who do you think I am?" or whatever.

rihannsu said:

Yeah, I meant to email you but life has been nuts lately. I had to leave cause I had about a 30 minute drive home and was getting sleepy. The show was really great and the crowd sure was into it. Sounded like everybody was singing along to just about every song. Let me know if you play Orlando again. By the way, what was up with the gig, did they start late and cut your time short? Did you get a chance to go to Universal while you were here?

Dana

Heh, it did seem like they cut us short didn't it? They had told us they wanted a 90 minute set...and when I got the video finally it runs 89 minutes total, so I guess we did what they asked...I think we initially thought 'yeah ok 90 mins yeah right' and planned for more songs so we had to reorg the setlist a bit at the end there when it became clear that they really meant it..

We went to City Walk the night before and then again after the show and had a blast, but no we didn't do Universal in the day, we had another show in Ocala the next night so the most we could do was swim a bit and get driving! :) But will do, for sure will let you know when we're up that way again :)

Well, you know he's not the real Bono b/c he "makes a living" doing this?

The real Bono may be a multimillionaire but I'll bet he would still take his shirt off, sign it, and give it to a homeless man on the street, or or pull out all the contents of his pocket as he has been noted to do, if such a situation arose. I doubt if this guy would do the same. THAT should be the test, I think.

That he's making some money and getting a free rise makes me want to...is there a "toss your cookies" emoticon?

Someone should alert Bono about the Walter Reed thing....when it gets to that stage it's serious. He might want to comfort the gravely injured troops but would certainly not want a photo op doing it, which I have a feeling this guy would only encourage. B wouldn't want to be seen as endorsing any war.

Back
Top Bottom