AT Big NYC anti-bush march/ went well.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:wave: from NYC

thot I'd let you know that I went to a part of the march today (me & my sis). It went very well .

People were peaceful.
Some arrests in Times Square later and as of 6 PM the folks who went up to Central Park were peaceful & the police were just watching at/by that point.

Some great signs. Some very funny, some snarky and some devastating.

CNN REPORTED HALF-A-MILLION {500,000} WOW, CNN is no longer a slightly to the left station- so I'm impressed they gavce that number/ Leslie Kagan one of the official leaders of the march & long time march organizers' said about 400,000.

very mixed crowd of ages & race, lots of middle income/class type people included.

It also was supposed to be a very muggy day, BUT while it was hot in the sun when marching slowly- it turned into a Beautiful Day :D, the humidity dropped earlier in the morning.and it was deep blues skies all afternoon.

We stayed out after and sat around different parts of the area we off to after march, that my sis needed to do things at. Very gorgeous sitting around outside in the shade {after all the sun we had on our backs earlier} .

We joined in at the 23rd street entrance and marched up to 34th st just past The Garden [Madison Square Gardcen}.

We definately need U2 to play there and eliminate the "bad vibes" :yuck: George/Team Bush & the Part of the Republican Party that the RNC dosen't want the general public to see/be reminded of-- will not have speaking in the Networks prime time coverage....ie like House Whip Tom Delay.

He who brcame a Congressional Representative AFTER he'd been a Bug Exterminator.
He'd gotten mad that he wasn't allowed to use some REALLY Poisonous sprayes that, oh, probably the ENviromental agency or some previous Congressional Bill was signed to eliminate those kind of sprays that caused people illness down the line. Probably injured some folks' pets as well.

Yay :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: marchers!!!

Last edited:
Cool! I'm glad the demonstration went well. Interestingly, my sister and her boyfriend, who live in Brooklyn, got into Birmingham today to get away from the crowds, traffic, etc, etc. They work in Manhattan. They've already started partying here. The first thing they did when they came was eat cheescake!:evil: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Glad it went well. I was listening to Hannity on the way out of state and they were talking about how sometimes protesting something routine, like a party's convention, is such a waste b/c it just costs so much more for security and makes so much trouble for people that have to live there and try and do their jobs, which I agree with, but hey we've got the right to protest so I'm glad nothing horrible occured.

To me the right to protest is just an extention of my right to disagree with the government. No matter who the president is or who controls Congress or whatever, a significant portion of Americans are going to disagree with what the politicians are doing. If they want to pick up signs and are willing to be peaceful and orderly and want to disagree with the president on Issue X, I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom