Ask U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh gosh darn it....I missed it :( Silly vacation. I could have asked them all sorts of fun questions. Oh well, there's always next time I suppose

incase some of you are not subscribed to Hotpress.com this was included in the email that was sent out by them today:

Ole, ole ole ole. Ole. Ole.
(repeat and fade)

We hope you are all well.

We'd like to thank everybody who wrote in for the amazing response we got to
our U2 Mixed Grill.
Man, you lot want to know some weird stuff.

Ah yes - and on that topic, a special pop condolence goes out to
edges_girly, on having the WORST TIMING of anyone we know.

This, anyway, is only the first birthday treat we have in store for you.
Keep your eyes / inboxes / newsagents peeled.

The U2 Mixed Grill (we have never seen so many emails arrive, and at such
a supersonic rate, in all our e-lives. We now understand what people mean
when they say "letters poured in")

edges_girly, Not Interrupted :

"THE ONE NIGHT IM NOT ON THE FECKING FECKING INTERNET, IS THE ONE NIGHT I
MISS THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE VOX POP THINGS FOR U2!!!!
"IM SO ANNOYED I DONT ACTUALLY BELEVE I MISSED IT
"FUCK!!!!!!!"
edges_girly, from thread entitled "I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! OMG"
http://www.hotpress.com/discuss/topic.adp?d=248709&t=285315

hahahahha!! this should be very very interesting. good luck all who submitted questions, i hope at least one of us gets a response! ;)

If they keep taunting us with this through the Hotpress e-mail updates, they'd better have the answers on the website!

jamjar told me that they said the questions will be in the june 20 issue and posted on the website "shortly thereafter."

WE NEED A PLEBAN IN DUBLIN TO HOOK US UP WITH THIS PLEASE!!!!

HUGS AND KISSES IF YOU DO!!

Mirrorball Girl said:
I sent in a couple, but they were boring. I asked about whether Bono considers himself more of a political activist or a musician at this point in time (I worded it a little less clumsily than that ;) ) and then I asked about when they were planning to release a new studio album, and if there were any chance it will be less mainstream than ATYCLB. (My guess? No.)

*bump* I think it is really cool that your question was asked and answered! congrats!!! :D

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

yeah, check out this link...http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59534

apparently they only answered 16 questions and they were not really interesting...

Thanks for posting the link, I had missed it... and now I have a new favorite Larry quote:

Hi! I would really love to know what the tattoo on Larry's arm stands for?
If you're close enough to see the tattoo, you're too close!

Well, they answered my first question. :)

Mirrorball Girl said:
I sent in a couple, but they were boring. I asked about whether Bono considers himself more of a political activist or a musician at this point in time (I worded it a little less clumsily than that ;) ) and then I asked about when they were planning to release a new studio album, and if there were any chance it will be less mainstream than ATYCLB. (My guess? No.)

Yeah, so maybe it wasn't the most exciting question in the world. :madspit: ;) (As I myself admitted originally) But I thought it was interesting, and I'm glad Hot Press chose to ask it!

Mirrorball Girl said:
Well, they answered my first question. :)

Yeah, so maybe it wasn't the most exciting question in the world. :madspit: ;) (As I myself admitted originally) But I thought it was interesting, and I'm glad Hot Press chose to ask it!

Wow! That's great. They didn't choose mine, but I'm glad because it was a really dull question and I really regret sending it in.

Back
Top Bottom