Ask Bono A Question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read most of the posts/questions in the Reuters blog. There is some interesting stuff. I must say, some of the things I have read really moved me to tears. I am curious about how Bono is going to answer some of the questions. I think the blog thing is a really good idea.

Thank you!

And I'm quoting mine here, because I think it's a good question :yes:

Hi Bono,

While I am a great admirer and supporter of you and your work in Africa, there is a great deal of cynicism and misinformation circling in the United States (and elsewhere as well, I imagine) about the whole ordeal.

Your supporters know better, those of us that have followed you and Geldof and everyone else know that hope for Africa lies not just in foriegn aid, but in trade, commerce, education, and the elimination of corruption.

However, the greater majority of the public see it all as a waste. They see you as nothing more than a loud-mouthed rock star sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong. All they see is a continent full of corruption, which in their mind, will never change. Because of this, they assume any money given will just be wasted.

My question is, what can be done on a larger scale to educate the general public that there really is hope for Africa, that donated money isn’t just going into the pockets of corrupted leaders, that the campaign is about trade, not just aid, about justice, not just charity?

In conclusion, thank you for everything you’ve done. From your music, to your faith, to your generous spirit, you’ve inspired myself and countless others to be better people.

Thank you,
Chasity

kellyahern said:

Yeah, the one where the guy wrote he wanted to go over to Africa "in style so I can shoot big elephants." :huh:

you have to wonder why someone would even take time out of their day to be such a ... jerk

kellyahern said:

Yeah, the one where the guy wrote he wanted to go over to Africa "in style so I can shoot big elephants." :huh:

geez, kelly someone actually posted that? it's almost unbelievable.... :barf:
it's sad to be reminded that those kind of people actually exist.

thanks for the tip one4u2!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom