Are You Talkin' To Me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Does anyone know if this pic is from when Bono went to the White House for the Millenium party? I remember watching it on C-Span and he was there w/ the girls and Ali was carrying Eli in this papoose thingie
biggrin.gif

When they walked down the receiving line and were announced, I just laughed out loud wondering if they'd be introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Bono
wink.gif

This pic cracks me up. It looks like Bono is making fun of Bobby D. behind his back, and DeNiro is ticked off.
biggrin.gif

003.jpg

I have no idea where that pic is from, but may I joost say...

*ahem*

DAMN THAT IS ONE FOOKIN GORGEOUS MAN!!!

And I'm not talking about Bobby D.

Whew...*leans back toward being a Bono gal*

*almost falls*

*sees RSOC*

*steps back on the Discoboos*

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I LOVE those glasses.. and Eli looked so adorable with that little stuffed frog
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

yep! it's from the millenium part at the white house! and i think they were introduced as "Mr and Mrs Hewson"

------------------
Be uncool, yes be awkward
"I look cool, i am cool"- Lardence
9:55: With a bit of a wink in his eye, Edge apologizes for last year's rambling Grammy
speech, then begins to natter on again. You go, Dave! ~ from Rolling Stone mag, at the Grammy's
when you're strange- no one remembers your name...

i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

I remember thinking it was so funny that they were the only ones who brought young children. Does anyone have more pics of Bono and family from this?

Here's a pic of Bobby D. from that night

psi_preview_MQEJJEJJEJJEJNEJNEHHEJNEJDEJGEJJEJJEJJEJBENBEDJENH.jpg

I remember Hillary and Chelsea going gaga over Eli, and over Bono too
biggrin.gif

psi_preview_OREJMEJMEJMEJAEHEEHJEHEEHNEHFEJMEJMEJMEJDENDEDMENB.jpg

Bono and Ali Rock!!! he looked so great(love those shades), i would love to see a pic of the entire hewson clan at this event! maybe someone will post one later! *crosses fingers*

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Ok, this doesn't have anything to do with Bono (maybe it does, maybe twin can connect it all for me), but....I think Chelsea Clinton has a lot of class. I think all of the shit that she had to go through was a shame and that she carried herself nicely and to this day presents a very competant, intelligent young woman. Actually, I'd really like to meet her someday, cos she is such an inspiration to me.

PS I had to watch Frankenstein in lit not too long ago and Bobby D (as his friends get to call him
wink.gif
) was the monster (whose name is NOT Frankenstein) and it made me want to cry. No, no, no not because it was good acting, because it was SO terrible.

Thomas Jefferson: Why are you posting Shannon?

Me: Uhm..hee hee...
frown.gif

Tommy J: Get back to reading or you'll fail!!

Me: but I LIKE posting!

Tommy J: PLEBA girls like your smart ass-ness, but they want you to succeed. See it's like I always say....

Me:
mad.gif
FINE! I'll read....*sigh*

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Here's the text of Bono's introductory remarks during the opening bars of "One":

I've come here tonight to pay respects to an Administration and a President who has made history over the last year. As an Irish man -- we have peace in Ireland that is unimaginable without Bill Clinton, Senator George Mitchell, Sandy Berger -- so, I pay respect to them.

And globally, I pay respect to American people -- Democrats and Republicans -- who came together this year to establish a principle, a principle which has forever altered the relationship between the haves and the have-nothings on this planet.

I don't know how many of you know that the United States has cancelled its debts owed by 36 of the poorest countries on Earth. It's a big deal - thank you. At a time of your prosperity, I am thankful and I ask you not to forget your roots, your humble origins. The Scriptures call for this to be a Year of Jubilee, and this is ... this is my prayer.

one4.jpg

one3.jpg

W/Daniel Lanois

one7.jpg

one2.jpg

one6.jpg

Good Lord....he's so droolworthy and radiant...it's not hard to see why he's the greatest rock star in the world

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Ok, this doesn't have anything to do with Bono (maybe it does, maybe twin can connect it all for me)

here i go...

frankenstein = lonely monster = not many people around = chelsea (pres' daughter...ss...) = girl = ali = bono's wife = u2 = willy

how'd that last one get in there?
wink.gif

*hangs head in shame*

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Back
Top Bottom