Apparently U2 are awful people...who'd of thunk it!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why, when this dude talks about the Fly, is he showing images of Pop Bono during If You Wear THat Velvet Dress live from Mexico??? :scratch:

:tsk: some people are sad

:lol: I think there are more churches playing U2 musick than thinking they're devilish!

Kafrun, I'll bring the peaches and chocolate ice cream for our trip to hell! but we need a freezer, or the Ice cream will melt!!!! :no:

Oh that gave me a good laugh!! :lol: And I want to ride shot gun on that bus to hell, coz I get travel sickness!!! :barf:

This kind of tripe is made by people who also think that the Harry Potter books are the root of all evil!! :coocoo: :tsk:

Last edited:
:wave: *joins in on the bus ride to hell*

That video is just so ridiculous. Hasn't this guy ever heard of the word grace?! Good gravy. Sorry. I won't rant about it here. :lol:

If U2 is going to hell, then sign me up to be there with them. :yes:

Woo hoo! I get a vacation someplace hot! With people who are hot!
Hot diggity dangity.
Do let us not forget that bono held up a celtic cross thingy during helter skelter. It was probably upsie down because that eedjit forgot to get it strung correctly...:giggle:

U2democrat said:

I've got a ton!!!!! :hyper: (I'm an addict...must have at least 1 can a day...)

Lightweight. In my heyday, I was up to 12 a day. Not Dr. Pepper though - the other D.P. - Diet Pepsi, which is much worse because of the aspartame. I finally kicked the habit though; haven't had any kind of caffeine for almost a year now. Thankfully now I'm addicted to water. :yes:

12 a day. That's 144 ounces. There's 128 ounces in a gallon. :yikes: (A little over 3.75 liters for you metric junkies.) If I can quit, anybody can.

I wonder if we'll need sunscreen for our trip. :hmm:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I got them for the Scott Valentine posters. :wink:
347357276%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323383%3B%3B66465nu0mrj

Malloooooory!!!!!!!!!

Ohmygosh, he was so cute *g* I'd forgotten all about him.

And to stay on-topic, how do I reserve my bus seat to hell? If I buy one more U2 cd will the devil throw in an air conditioner?

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I wonder if we'll need sunscreen for our trip. :hmm:

Propbably not, the travel brochure said that all heat and light comes from "eternal firey pits" and therefore, no UV rays.

Seeing as then the best way to prevent burn would be to reflect the radiating light, that means one thing...

LOTS OF SHINY!!

geegeelovesadam said:

Propbably not, the travel brochure said that all heat and light comes from "eternal firey pits" and therefore, no UV rays.

Seeing as then the best way to prevent burn would be to reflect the radiating light, that means one thing...

LOTS OF SHINY!!

:hmm: I like how you think...

*grabs shiny Bono*

K I'm protected by a shiny an' ready to go :wink:

AMEN TO THAT

Galeongirl said:
Why, when this dude talks about the Fly, is he showing images of Pop Bono during If You Wear THat Velvet Dress live from Mexico??? :scratch:

:tsk: some people are sad

:lol: I think there are more churches playing U2 musick than thinking they're devilish!

Kafrun, I'll bring the peaches and chocolate ice cream for our trip to hell! but we need a freezer, or the Ice cream will melt!!!! :no:

I could not have said it better myself sister...
Anyhooo ....save me a seat on the bus to hell. I want to sit next to :adam: :mac: TOO HELL WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:drool:

It's people like this who are always pointing their fingers that ruin Christianity for the masses because a lot of people hear people like this guy and go "Christianity? No thanks!, " can you blame them? It makes me want to post on his site and say "I am a Christian and this guy does not speak for me." It's a shame. Bono has made no secret of where he stands as a believer in Christ--in action and in words. This closed-mided guy's got it all wrong.

Last edited:
LMBLover said:
It's people like this who are always pointing their fingers that ruin Christianity for the masses because a lot of people hear people like this guy and go "Christianity? No thanks!, " can you blame them? It makes me want to post on his site and say "I am a Christian and this guy does not speak for me." It's a shame. Bono has made no secret of where he stands as a believer in Christ--in action and in words. This closed-mided guy's got it all wrong.

Well said, and I'm with you 100%. :up:

LMBLover said:

:up: Absolutely. If Heaven is going to be filled with these kinds of people, I'd rather spend eternity in Hell, thank you very much.

<rummages through closet> Hey! I found a disco ball! So shiny! :hyper: <hangs shiny in bus> Mirror Ball Man is now being hypnotized by the disco ball! The two of them together will definitely protect all of us from the heat! :hyper:

Devlin said:
Do let us not forget that bono held up a celtic cross thingy during helter skelter. It was probably upsie down because that eedjit forgot to get it strung correctly...:giggle:

:lol: I said the same thing...he probably didn't notice it was upside down.

My friend watched this and said it's a pretty good video if you turn the sound off. :wink:

uhh HB, :uhoh: Are you sure you want B to drive?

I will be seated right in the middle of Adam and Dis.
:yikes: Fasten your seat belts Pleaban's

:giggle:

sigh...as a true follower of Christ, it's a pain for me to associate with people who take quotes out of context to further their agenda..but of course some of U2's music can be a stumbling block, but I for one am a U2 freak, and i know at least 2 out of my 3 youth pastors LOVE U2.

some people...

There are so many things wrong with that video that it almost sickens me. While I wouldn't call myself a Christian, I am a believer, and while at one point (before I ever really listened to U2) I was a Christian, it was U2's music and the example of Bono's faith that pushed me away from labelling myself as agnostic, and toward calling myself a believer.
The sad thing is, the church I used to go to is just the sort who would support this sort of propaganda. And it was just that sort of attitude which turned me away from religion, funny how that works out. The "Christians" turn me away from God, and U2 pulls me back in.

MsPurrl said:
Finally got to watch this--puh-leeze! This reminds me of the folks who pick and choose bible quotes to further whatever cause they are currently espousing. :mad:
Yes, those people hate me, because I tend to know the bible better than they do, and I throw their own quotes back into their faces :D

When asked in an interview, “Do you still believe that Jesus is the way?” Bono stated, “I don’t accept that. I don’t accept that fundamentalist concept. I believe… what is it…’the way is as narrow as the eye of the needle,’ and all that. But I think that’s just to keep the fundamentalists out…” However, Jesus made it as clear as possible. Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and that life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” Jesus also declared, “I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. I am the gate, whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and out, and find pasture.”
Ahem :eyebrow:
Matthew 19:23-24 -
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
I love that Bono is quoting Jesus in the little evil-Bono quote they featured! :lol:

Everything they tried to use against U2 is taken completely out of context, and that while quoting U2 lyrics, they seem to have selective amnesia. They completely failed to mention such lyrics as "And though I can't say why, I know I've got to believe".

Also, they seem to take issue with the fact that Bono admits to being a sinner. Perhaps if he pretended to be righteous, they'd like it even better, as it'd give them more reason to tear him down. Again, they seem to have forgotten something:

Romans 3:23 -
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

And finally:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Munchies, kafrun??? Nothing better than trail mix on the road to Hell!!!!!! :macdevil: Mmmm, trail mix :drool:
Number one quote of the thread! :lmao:

LMBLover said:
:up: :up: People like this just tick me off, because it makes the Christian witness a hundred times more difficult than it needs to be.

Bono has said very plainly that he is a Christian, and has never recanted it. :yes:

PS: Lemon Grrrrrl, your avatar is so cute! Is that your kitty? :cute:

kellyahern said:
:lmao:

Okay, I didn't watch all 7 minutes of it, but what makes it even funnier is that the narrator guy has such a "surfer dude" voice.

Exactly. It made me think of Sean Penn as Scolari in Fast Times at Ridgemont High... "Awesome, totally awesome!" :lmao:

geegeelovesadam said:

Exactly. It made me think of Sean Penn as Scolari in Fast Times at Ridgemont High... "Awesome, totally awesome!" :lmao:

EDIT: meant to say Spicoli, not Scolari. No idea where "Scolari" came from.

Back
Top Bottom