Anyone Have A Cure For Post-Elevation Depression?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jody

Refugee
I'm having a bad case of post elevation depression cos I'm not in the US and so am not going to be at the 3rd leg.
I'm glad you're all getting the chance to be elevated again but does anyone have any depression cures for little old me?

Here it is:
1) Get two white socks
2) Get a whack of old material, you will need some shiney bits.
3) Apply said fabric to said socks in the shape of hair, moustaches, eyes, and beanies
4) Get a pipe cleaner
5) Get some see through material
6) Fashion said pipe cleaner and said sheer material into shades
7) Apply shades to the sock without the beanie
8) Shut your drapes
9) Set up some pretty colored lights
10) Put ATYCLB in your cd player
11) Find a pillow
12) Lay on the floor with your head on a pillow (ahhh comfy) and your arms in the air
13) Put the socks on your hands and forearms, there should only be one hole so this is a pretty self explanatory procedure
14) Press "play" on your cd player with the face of the sock you like the least.
15) Make the socks sing and or trash around to the songs
16) Get the more outgoing sock to pull a shoe out of the "audience" during one of the slow numbers
17) Reassure your roommate that you do not need a white valium again.
18) Repeat until fully cheered and elevated.

N.B. Sock therapy is effective in many contexts. For example, they are quite fun to take in the tub, you can recreate that famous "bono in the tub photo". You can also wear them while driving and have the sock yell obcenities out the window at drivers that offend you. Finally, take your sock to a lecture if you attend an institution of higher learning, have your sock ask insightful questions about the particulars of say...quantum physics or third world debt.
-Bluey

Lots of us US fans are depressed too because we couldn't get tickets
frown.gif

Oh Bluey. Thanks loads. You always make me LMAO! I think I might give your solution a try, all except taking them to college. My lecturers already think I'm insane for giving my AB tape a funeral.
You've put a huge smile on my face. Thank you!
smile.gif

((((Bluey)))

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Lots of us US fans are depressed too because we couldn't get tickets
frown.gif

I know. That sucks but I bet things will work out for everyone when the Prop tix come through. Will keep my fingers crossed for y'all.

I have been lisening to U2 non-stop, since I saw them in umm...June. It kinda helps cure elevation depression. Of course, looking at my unfilled Prop form really gets me depressed....DARN PARENTS! To help with that, I just occassionally scream at them about how mean they are to me
smile.gif

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

I have to *bump* this thread! Arts n crafts with Bluey

did you ever get Bono Sock back from the peppers?
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

O it DID work! That was on the Teenpeople.com home page
biggrin.gif
woo!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

LOL... Bluey I just nearly peed myself!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

But I didn't sign up for Prop in time, so they won't help me! BWHAAAH!
frown.gif
I might have to wait and see if more are released or try a scalper. Thanks for crossing your fingers for us, we will hope U2 will do Europe again
for you!
smile.gif

My cure has been to listen to concerts I've been to. Specially the ones that I hold dearest to my heart. And mainly listened to the songs I like the best. A new fav of mine has been Out of control. You should see me jumping and dancing in my apartment infront of my neighbours, the probably think I'm crazy, but who cares?? That song just cheers me up. The version I have is from the second Stockholmshow and Bono begins it like he did 20 years ago.
"First single, out of Dublin, Ireland. On the drums, Larry Mullen Jnr, on bassguitar, Adam Clayton, The Edge, I'm Bono and we're called U2..... Monday morning...." and he says it with a really, really young and innocent voice, it makes me all warm inside and it feels like I'm taken back to a small club in the early 80's.

That helps me.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Back
Top Bottom