Anyone had any luck and bought HOTPRESS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishThunder

The Fly
Hi,
I have had no luck so far in getting the borthday edition, I have everyone on the look out for it but no luck yet.

I Just curious to hear if anyone has been successful yet.

It is monthly isnt it?

So hopefully I shoudl have it by next week, if I get it and some other people do too we shoudl split it up into a few sections and each of us post it here. I know some of you won't be able to get it but those of us that can could try and work something out.

You realise now I am opened my big mouth and said all this that I won't be able to find Hotpress anywhere! My sister got the last couple when she was in Dublin and she won't be there this month. Oh well I will try my best.

i just trnslated this from u2guatemala.com-
In the edition of the 20 of June of Magazine HOTPRESS they announced that the questions and answers to U2 will appear in the next edition of the 4 of July .

We have to wait some more! :( it may not sound alot to you, but i'm impatient- i want those answers! ggrr

IrishThunder said:
Hi,
I have had no luck so far in getting the borthday edition, I have everyone on the look out for it but no luck yet.

Is this the one with the article about the Hotpress Awards? The one with Bono on the cover? Or, they might be 2 separate issues and I just confused them. :D

Oh maybe I am wrong, I have the one with Bono at the Hotpress awards, but I did not click it was the birthday edition. I thought the one with the U2 answers was it, but maybe it is just continuing the birthday theme.

I found a store that sells HOT PRESS in the States! I bought the issue with Liam Gallagher on the cover (the issue before the 25th birthday issue) at Tower Records in Huntington Station, Long Island, NY. It was the last copy they had, and I was really surprised and happy to find it!

I'm going to call the store and ask for the person who handles the magazine section. Perhaps he can give me a heads-up as to the day it appears at the store. Maybe he can hold a copy for me.

If there's a Tower Records in your area, check it out!

*searches for a GOOD magazine shop*

every time i'm looking for a peculiar mag, no one ever has it...i have to stick to time and people and rolling stone...so, who wants to buy it and send it to me?!?!?

is this really almost a week since it came out and we STILL dont know if they answered the questions???

where are all the dublin plebans when we need them????

Got this from @U2:

'MIXED GRILL' IS A SLOW COOKER: The 'Mixed Grill' write-in interview with U2 that Hot Press magazine is doing will take a little longer than anticipated to finish cooking. Originally planned for the current issue, which hit shops June 20th, Hot Press now says the U2 feature will appear in the next issue, to hit stores on July 4th. (Thanks Conor.)

Don't know for certain what that means for us people outside of Ireland, but I guess we'll have to wait at least two more weeks to see the answers on the Internet.

Hiya IrishThunder. yea I aint seen them yet........but I AM checkin Virgin at Castlecourt this Thurs, theres a damn good chance they will have them!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D actually Virgin would have them first me reckons, so whether they early or late....Im still aimin there to see!!!!!!!!

arent u in Belfast?

Last edited:
Suckage. There isn't a Tower records within 200,000 miles of me for crap's sake! Does.. um.. anyone want to help me out...? If you can? :D I-- ok.

hey, i have a plan. whoever can find hotpress should just buy the store out of 'em and let us know.....we can make a list and send money!!! put me on the list!!!

The issue should be out tomorrow, if anybody's interested I'll buy a stack of issues and send them to ONE person in the U.S. to distribute, except I'm not rich so whoever wants a copy send me some cash through paypal. I need a volunteer for distribution before I start taking names...should I start another thread?

Back
Top Bottom