anyone else love the Sweetest Thing vid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's one of my favorites :)

338%3A437923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D52%3B%3D7%3A4%3D323252%3B6%3B3554nu0mrj

Hmm, I'm not sure, but there were some pics from the set of the video. I know that there is a black and white one around with bono standing rather on the left and people stand around him.......:shrug:

FallingStar said:

I love this part of the video on out...I love how, at the very end he puts his hat to his chest and you see him mouthing, "I'm sorry". That's so cute. :cute:. Every time that part comes up, I just want to give him a big hug. What a sweetheart. :heart: :bono: :hug:.

This whole video's adorable...I like the dog puppet, and the heart-shaped cloud, and the "I'm sorry" banners, too. :D.

Definitely my favorite video of these guys' thus far. :yes:.

Angela

This video is one of their best ideas ever, what a cute concept! However, from a PLEBA point of view, it's not a favorite since I don't find Bono attractive in it. His hat, glasses, suit and haircut are atrociously geeky and unhot. I've seen nerdy scientists with more sex appeal. So, by hot Bono standards, it doesn't work for me at all, but it was a good idea. I like how they incorporated Ali, the band and the brother. It's also cute that it was based on a true story. He wrote the song for Ali because she was mad he missed her birthday. When he takes off those glasses and gives her "the eyes", that's the best part. Who could resist those eyes?

Last edited:
Yeah, he doesn't physically look his best in this one, but he's so dorky that its totally endearing and he makes me laugh my ass off in it, which is always sesy. :D :yes: :bono: = :laugh:

SD

Yeah, it's not a :drool: it's an 'aww shucks' type of thing. His acting is so cutesy!

I agree that it's not exactly Bono at his sexiest. It's not a sexy video; it has tons of personality, it's very clever, and makes me laugh my ass off. So from a PLEBA point of view it's not "hot" but it's great.

Moonlit_Angel said:

I love this part of the video on out...I love how, at the very end he puts his hat to his chest and you see him mouthing, "I'm sorry". That's so cute. :cute:. Every time that part comes up, I just want to give him a big hug. What a sweetheart. :heart: :bono: :hug:.

This whole video's adorable...I like the dog puppet, and the heart-shaped cloud, and the "I'm sorry" banners, too. :D.

Definitely my favorite video of these guys' thus far. :yes:.

Angela

I love those parts too :love: When he mouths "I'm sorry"

And the dog puppet, I can't believe I didn't have that still before this thread (thanks for posting it FallingStar) :cute:

I think he looks gorgeous. I love the Costello thing he had going on. But that's just me and my low standards for Bono hotness.

Thanks for the new sig pic, FS. :shifty:

U2Kitten said:
This video is one of their best ideas ever, what a cute concept! However, from a PLEBA point of view, it's not a favorite since I don't find Bono attractive in it. His hat, glasses, suit and haircut are atrociously geeky and unhot. I've seen nerdy scientists with more sex appeal.

LOL.

Yeah, looks-wise it's not my personal favorite (the video that wins that award has its clip in my sig...;)...).

But concept-wise...

And like the others have said, it's more him being his dorky yet loveable self that makes this video so endearing.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
So, by hot Bono standards, it doesn't work for me at all, but it was a good idea. I like how they incorporated Ali, the band and the brother. It's also cute that it was based on a true story. He wrote the song for Ali because she was mad he missed her birthday. When he takes off those glasses and gives her "the eyes", that's the best part. Who could resist those eyes?

:yes:.

Exactly.

Every girl deserves to have a husband or boyfriend who is that sweet and thoughtful.

Angela

I love that video!!!! Actually when I lived in Dublin last year I lived down the street from where they actually filmed the video :D I didn't know until Suzie (CatDubh) Pointed it out to me...I was like woooooooo that's kewl!!! I lived on Adelaide Rd. which then in turn turned into Fitzwilliam St. where they filmed the video :D It's a lovely neighbourhood and I felt so kewl to have lived there

Back
Top Bottom