Anyone else have a U2-ey day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney22

Refugee
OMG I was in physics class today, and we had just taken a test, and we had a bonus question, and my teacher was wondering how you say "bonus" in Spanish cause my school is very bilingual, and someone jokingly said "Bono" (only they said it boh-no, but anyways)...

And my teacher said "Who Bono? (the right way!) He's the lead singer from U2!", and he started talking about how his name used to be BonoVox, and what it meant, and he even knew that his real name is Paul Hewson!
biggrin.gif

I always knew he was my favorite teacher....
biggrin.gif

And I taught my friend Rachel about saying FOAD cause she doesn't like to swear, so she's gonna use that now, and my friend Brandon about "feck" ....
biggrin.gif

Ah yes, a very good day for a U2 fan.... anyone else?

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
OMG I was in physics class today, and we had just taken a test, and we had a bonus question, and my teacher was wondering how you say "bonus" in Spanish cause my school is very bilingual, and someone jokingly said "Bono" (only they said it boh-no, but anyways)...

And my teacher said "Who Bono? (the right way!) He's the lead singer from U2!", and he started talking about how his name used to be BonoVox, and what it meant, and he even knew that his real name is Paul Hewson!
biggrin.gif

I always knew he was my favorite teacher....
biggrin.gif

And I taught my friend Rachel about saying FOAD cause she doesn't like to swear, so she's gonna use that now, and my friend Brandon about "feck" ....
biggrin.gif

Ah yes, a very good day for a U2 fan.... anyone else?

That's one fecking cool teacher you've got there!!!! None of mine would ever say anything like that.... and if they did... I would say, "Holy feck!". But I do love having days where everything seems to relate to U2 in some way or another.... doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it's sooo great!!! I'm crazy, don't mind my jibberish!!!!

((((HUGS wildhoney22))))

------------------
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

MuchMusic: Do you have a final message for the crowd? Something they can take home with them.
Larry: Something they can take home with them? I'm not taking my clothes off!

More randomness!!!!
Today I was in American Lit class and my professor was discussing the Romantic period in America and he says (I swear to dad)

PROF: For the romantics, the goal is self-actualization. I guess you could say the goal is soul!
biggrin.gif

But it gets better....then he says....

PROF: Their philosophy was that if it didn't work you've got to leave it behind!

I about fell out of my chair! You should see my notes...big smilies everywhere! It made my day!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

*hugs back for Can'tSeeOrBeSeen*

Thanks... my physics teacher is awesome. He's kinda young, and he's from Boston, so he's got that wicked accent... and Boston's always had a love for U2!
biggrin.gif

LMAO hippy!

*falls out of her chair*

I would have been laughing so much at that, and it sounds like he's a U2 fan too to say both those things....
biggrin.gif
It makes the day so much better....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
[BLMAO hippy!

*falls out of her chair*

I would have been laughing so much at that, and it sounds like he's a U2 fan too to say both those things....
biggrin.gif
It makes the day so much better....

[/B]

I don't think he even realized what he was saying!!!! That's what made it even cooler!

------------------

My 14 year old son's website design teacher is Dan Eliot who runs the U2 fan database www.iwillfollow.org. He sometimes uses U2 info in his lessons and talks about them all the time. He was also suspiciously absent the Monday after the Vegas show! It drives my son crazy because he can't get away from it anywhere, poor kid!

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
My 14 year old son's website design teacher is Dan Eliot who runs the U2 fan database www.iwillfollow.org. He sometimes uses U2 info in his lessons and talks about them all the time. He was also suspiciously absent the Monday after the Vegas show! It drives my son crazy because he can't get away from it anywhere, poor kid!

Lol, can I trade places w/ your son?

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

ooh! I DID!!!!!!! I was doing something in my stupid english class that I was wrongly placed in, and now I have to suffer through it, and so I was whizzing through the work when I came upon this:
Larry is a good drummer

As hard as it was, I had to contain a squeal. It was very hard...and I was like, "Yes, he is a good drummer."

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Well...in history today my teacher was reading off a few quotes that Teddy Roosevelt made and one of em was:
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

I dunno why, but I suddenly thought of Larry and let out a giggle. That's when the whole class stared at me...

Oh, and I drew pictures of the band on the whiteboard in the computer lab last week and some kids today were like, "Hey you drew those U2 people" and such and such... Anyway, it stayed up on the whiteboard like a WHOLE week...wow, a record for "whiteboard art"

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

Well nothing really U2ey today, but a couple of days ago I was in and out of my lab all day and every time I walked into the lab it seemed like a U2 song was on the radio
biggrin.gif

Then, just as I was leaving, my prof gave me a paper to read and the author's name was Mullen! When I got to my car, the radio had just started Beautiful Day.
Beautiful day indeed
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Coke does not add life. It might be a nice fizzy drink but it does not add life." - Bono
"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." -Larry
?This is when the band became Depeche Mode!? ? Steve Lillywhite plays some tracks that didn?t make it to the final cut of WTSHNN.

well, my U2ey day came in the form of an email from a friend in IRELAND! She is getting for me/sending to me the following:

* Gavin Friday's "Each Man Kills the thing He Loves" CD (rare)

* NEW YORK TUMBLE video, the story of Bono, Gavin and Guggi's frienships

* The annual Hot Press special edition - the one with Bono on the cover, Bono in the pool, and Eli wearing water wings, and the article about how 2001 rocked Bono's world!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to check my mail about a week from today!!! YAY!

disco

OMG! I had to buy a book for my Portfolio class today titled "The Edge". I cracked a joke about it outloud (my inner monolouge tends to come and go as it pleases) and everyone looked at me funny. So I looked at them funny. Weirdos. Also, our college newspaper is called "The edge" Coincidence? I think not....
Ali

I kinda did!
smile.gif
Throughout the day I'd pop in a U2 CD, listen to a few songs, take it out and they'd be playing a U2 song on the radio.
eek.gif

Then last night, I had been desperately searching for the official U2 calendar... and we went to the Wherehouse and alas they only had the typical fanfare (Do the members of NSYNC -REALLY- need their own seperate calendars?!)... but right as I turn on my heel I look down at the bottom rack of calendars and there sits the U2 one.
biggrin.gif

ROFL The other day Julie's tutor person was lookin' through her Government book and saw "BONO IS A SEXPOT," which our friend Erin likes to write all over the place. She said something like "Well...I don't think BONO IS A SEXPOT is going to help on the exam" or something like that. LMAO!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
And planting an amazing fern on her shoulder... ~ScottPhisto~

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream, But you can never go back the way you came

Also, I give this one teacher stuff that I've drawn, etc. and she puts it on the wall above her desk -- WALL OF FAME. I stuck a picture of Bono up there and whenever she gives people a tour of the pictures, I make sure she doesn't forget to mention Bono....and she says his name right
biggrin.gif

------------------

LOL well my English teacher in high school was a huge huge fan of U2, She would make us analyze U2 songs in class and stuff, and she had this huge PopMart poster behind her desk.

And one day for a show and tell we had she brought a piece of Bono's hair ribbon that he used during JT, she was like "And me and my friend waited until everybody left and asked the roadies if we could have his hair ribbon and he gave it to us and I still have it to this day" I of course asked to hold it and stuff...Then after the PopMart concert, all she talked about in class was the concert and half of us had gone to it so we were happy
biggrin.gif
She was kewl.

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

*Carries picture of Larry in her wallet* (Sad but true)

That's awesome MG!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

Oooh, mememe! I did!

I had a workshop today and it was at the Holiday Inn in Providence...right next to the Civic Center where I saw U2 on Halloween. I was walking around during our lunch break and I went by the Civic Center...it brought back happy Elevation memories!

Oh, I forgot, it's now the Dunkin Donuts center.

Okay another U2ey day (sorta). Saw two things on TV: one was on "The View" they were talking about MEAT (the real stuff, not Larry's), I laughed out loud over that, thinking (once again) where's Mona at this precise moment???
biggrin.gif

The second thing was that some new slogans came out for those little heart candies (you know the ones that say stuff like "Oh you kid" and "be mine"). One of the newest slogans for this year? Two Hearts!
wink.gif

haha, teachers and U2...I went to a concert with my teacher. I got a civics lesson in the middle of Bullet the Blue Sky. And in his class, I would hang up random pics of Bono and I would sigh and be like "oh BONO!"

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

In my foreign policy class last quarter, my teacher was lecturing on the Cuban Missile Crisis. He started talking about the U-2 spy planes, which made me smile a little to myself because I'd just gone to a U2 show the week before. But then out of nowhere, he just blurted out "oh yeah, that's where the band got its name, in case you didn't know." Needless to say, I was tickled pink at this (hey, I've got to find *something* to amuse me during an hour and a half lecture). My sunny mood was cut short, however. The next thing my prof described was the U-2 plane getting shot down...
icon9.gif
<--- a similar emoticon appears in my notes

Well I don't know if anyone else will get this....but in calculus one time we were doing derivative and using the substitution thing were you use U to abbreviate everything that's in parens or in the denominator or that you differentiate to get du which should be the rest of the thing....and....*minds goes blank*

Well there were a lot of U's and 2's:

The big numbers after something should be exponents
-----------------
2.5 Chain Rule

dy/dx = dy/du x du/dx

y=(2x+1)2
U = 2x+1

y=U2

2U x 2 + 4U

------------------

i understand! im a math major(sadly, i dont recommend it). anyhow, last night i went to see Gaelic Storm, a semi-traditional Irish band(though only one band member is from ireland). they were the band that played below decks in titanic. ANYHOW, the Irish lead singer came out and started talking which got me excited enough and THEN he paused between his words and said 'erm' just like our little larry. i was giggling out of control and almost fell out of my seat. after i pulled myself together i sit up and look and my sister and she just simply says, "larry." i have taught her well!!

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by DML:
ooh! I DID!!!!!!! I was doing something in my stupid english class that I was wrongly placed in, and now I have to suffer through it, and so I was whizzing through the work when I came upon this:
Larry is a good drummer

As hard as it was, I had to contain a squeal. It was very hard...and I was like, "Yes, he is a good drummer."

LOL!!!

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
In my foreign policy class last quarter, my teacher was lecturing on the Cuban Missile Crisis. He started talking about the U-2 spy planes, which made me smile a little to myself because I'd just gone to a U2 show the week before. But then out of nowhere, he just blurted out "oh yeah, that's where the band got its name, in case you didn't know." Needless to say, I was tickled pink at this (hey, I've got to find *something* to amuse me during an hour and a half lecture). My sunny mood was cut short, however. The next thing my prof described was the U-2 plane getting shot down...
icon9.gif
<--- a similar emoticon appears in my notes

correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought they got their name from an Irish Unemployment form, the U2 form.

i've heard a lot of different tales, though....so!!!

Back in 2000, when ATYCLB just came out, I was talking to one of my professors about new music and I mentioned that U2 had a new album. He made a face, and I asked him if he liked U2. He said he was a huge fan, but that he really hated the last two albums. So I told him that ATYCLB was more like the classic U2, and that he would really like it. A few days later, while walking by his office, I heard "In A Little While". Apparently, he bought the album. Later, he told me that he was really glad he bought it, and that he enjoyed all of ATYCLB's songs....

bonne voix
selling U2 albums one person at a time
smile.gif

Our school is doing the play "Carousel," and Julie's and my friend Sarah is a character named Mrs. Mullin. Not spelled the same, but she is very anti-U2 and she says "CRINGE! MY KRYPTONITE!" when we bring up her marriage to Lawrence.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Our school is doing the play "Carousel," and Julie's and my friend Sarah is a character named Mrs. Mullin. Not spelled the same, but she is very anti-U2 and she says "CRINGE! MY KRYPTONITE!" when we bring up her marriage to Lawrence.
biggrin.gif

ACK!!!! I would gladly be married to the waxed wind!!!!!

Damn Sarah!
wink.gif

------------------

i had another u2ey day today. i dont know how it gets more u2ey than this, but i went to joshua tree and i went to the harmony motel in 29 palms whereall those JT pics were taken and i guess where they stayed a night...my heart started beating so fast when i saw it. its a funny old desert highway motel that you wouldnt normally give a second thought to...it was so great!
harmony.jpg

by the way, the actual signpost is the same but they redid the lettering, there arent any cute music notes on it anymore...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Back
Top Bottom